Whats your favorite memory from PKI?

The-Snapper

During my four years working at the park, I have met so many people and have made so many friends that will be with me forever. Working at PKI has never been a job for me, it has been an experience. Its something I highly recommend anyone to try. As hard as it is, 2004 was my final season. This year will be the first time in four years, I am able to walk through through the front gates as a season pass holder. While I am sure I will be able to keep in contact with most people, I want to say thanks to everyone that has made my four years great. That includes everyone from all enthusiast, employees, and the full time staff (I know your reading!). To everyone, have a great 2005 season.

-Josh Page

2001 - Tiques/DS

2002 - Flight of Fear/Zephyr

2003 - Tomb Raider (April-July)

2003 - The Beast/Scooters (July-November)

2004 - The Beast/Scooters

Kings Island has my first coaster I ever had the pleasure of riding... Beastie!!! It's so funny looking back on it, but when i got off of Beastie that first time, I was on the biggest adrenaline high my 7th grade mind had ever experienced!

Then my uncle took us to The Beast. Needless to say, it scared me $hitless. I could seriously say that if The Beast never had the second lift and double-helix, and the ride just ended where the second lift starts, I'd probably never have ridden another roller coaster again, ever! The look on my face when we came around that corner and I saw another lift must have been priceless, but needless to say, after my first experience through that double-helix, I was hooked for life. biggrin.gif

Mine has to be watching my little girl experience her first ride on The Vortex. I bought the picture afterwards. It was priceless. Needless to say she hasn’t been back on it. I am working on her though!

Unfortunatly i think the best memories about working there are ones i can not talk about..... i think

Now that would be something to know! Who would have guessed that would happen when you put a bunch of young people together. Making a little money, having a little fun. It is an amusement park after all!

Mine would have to be this past summer, when I waited in line while Tomb Raider was broken down. I was with a lot of my friends, and once Tomb Raider was fixed and we got on. The ride went through with no problems, then at the end, it didn't stop! It just kept swinging till it came to a stop. Then we had to wait and have the seats manually released, and we got down on a ladder.

Good times! biggrin.gif

Mine would be my first ride on The Beast.I was so cocky and thought it was nothing but i had a death grip on the bar the whole ride. When i got off i wanted more. My other favorite experience was my first time at PKI i loved. Still got the park photo as a matter of fact. My first roller coaster ever was The Beastie and man was it fun. It still is today but not as fun as it was when i was a little kid. My favorite memory was my first ride on The Beast Probably.

My greatest memories were my visits to the park when I was a young boy, from 1974 through 1979. The ride I loved was the first, original Enchanted Voyage. It felt like magic in there, and that theme song "Happy friends who live in your TV" was to me THE THEME SONG of Kings Island. To this day, I hear that song in my head when I am walking through the park. Of course I ride coasters and such now, but Kings Island showed me the wonders of a good dark ride as well. I miss the Enchanted Voyage...

Not to take any attention away from Josh Page, but I would have to agree with him. KI was much much more then just a job. It was a family. I had my best time there, met my first and the only love of my life who I am happily with, and met all my wonderful friends, who to this date, I still keep in contact with. It meant soo much that I actually cried at the end of the '03 season, as I locked up Flight of Fear for the very last time, as I clocked out for the very last time, and as I handed over my ID to a manager and went thru the security post and said goodbye to the park. :'(

It will always be in my heart and Thank You to everyone who made it worth my while. I will miss you all!

Unfortunatly i think the best memories about working there are ones i can not talk about..... i think

Now that would be something to know! Who would have guessed that would happen when you put a bunch of young people together. Making a little money, having a little fun. It is an amusement park after all!

Exactly my point, the money was a good memory but so was what went with the money. Like i have said, its not for the money but for the experiance(s).

Hmmmmmm hard question...pretty much best memories for me were riding any of the great rides for the first time..I was so scared to do tome raider and delerium but I sooo love them now!

Oh and ofcoarse watching 'Tuned In'....12 times haha yes I know I'm a bit pathetic but ya'll know that by now! laugh.gif

when I was a kid, my grandparents would pack up me, my brother and sister, and cousins and drive six hours from Detroit to KI (then PKI) for three days. It's hard to pick out the best memory because as I look back I realize how precious every single one of those years were. Now I go back every year in July for Spirit Song and look forward to the day I can take my own kids and grandkids in the future. Man, from my first time there riding Beastie and Smurfs Enchanted Voyage, the Smurfs/Scooby Doo shows that used to play in the International Theatre, my first rides on The Beast and The Vortex, and even rides that are no longer there, like Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canals and King Cobra. . . man, even though I'm up in Detroit, there are times I feel that PKI is my second home.

My favorite memory of PKI was the Gullivers Rub Dub! I loved that ride. Ok that just gave away how old I am. biggrin.gif I have been going to PKI since I was 3 years old. I remember way back when Enchanted Voyage was the bomb. Am I to old to say that????? Anyhoo, PKI has been a part of my life for many years. My first experiance on a looping coster was the Scremin Demon. Now its SBNO. What a waste of a great ride. HB needs to stay at PKI. Keep the old days alive. To much new themeing for such a great Family Park.

• 1 month later...

My best memory just happened last week. I was with a friend of mine and her cousin and we were eating at the festhaus and the song, Since u been gone started playing. Don't ask how I know all the word to the song, I just do. But anyway my friends had no idea I knew the song so just as the chorus began I jumped out of the bench and started singing and dancing in the middle of the room. It was really funny, everyone looked at me with a blink.gif kind of face. That day was the best ever!

My best time was riding The Beast wow what a coaster the best anywhere!

and hopefully it will be here forever!!!

Great ride

but now bringing my 2 year old to Kings Island and experencing my childhood all over and hopefully one day sharing a ride on The Beast with him!!!!!