Best Action FX Theater Simulator ride

Captain Nemo

How could you forget Smash Factory?

Yea that was a kool one for sure. Days of Thunder? Come on how thrilling is a car going round and round a track. Left turn....left turn......left tuen.... It's about as fun to watch as tennis.

Elviras movie was great for the Halloween season.

Sure, change the choices after I've already voted, I didn't really like Elvyria anyways waited in line for it for liek 40 Minutes at SFKK last year, because someone in our group thought it waws Stargate 3000.

I said I was sorry. I didn't know either. My favorite was License to Thrill. *Oh grow up 007*

How could you forget Smash Factory?

Yea that was a kool one for sure. Days of Thunder? Come on how thrilling is a car going round and round a track. Left turn....left turn......left tuen.... It's about as fun to watch as tennis.

Elviras movie was great for the Halloween season.

sorry, off of topic, but tennis is accually a ton of fun to watch...

My favorite ride for thrills was 007, I love James Bond and the ride was sweet. Now my favorite ride for all around ride experience was Days of Thunder. What I mean by this is I loved how it used to give me money every ride. I mean how can you beat a ride that pays you, too bad they added that stupid thing warning people about their change in its last couple years. I never did get as much money after that.

My favorite FX film was Bond, James Bond 007. It really was the best as far as I'm concerned!

When I rode it, I motioned like my body as if I really were riding a motor cycle, firing a pistol, etc.

And guess what y'all???? It was Mrs. Chef's favorite FX film too.

Have a great weekend!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

Amen!

I thought DOT was a HUGE disappointment. I went to Carowinds specifically to ride it in '93 while I was on a business trip in Charlotte. That was Paramount's first season, and having just ridden another movie studio's theme park's simulator (BTTF @ USF), I was expecting big things.

What I thought was so bad about it was all the recycled footage lifted directly from the movie (practically all of it...) The simulated motion was pretty good as long as the camera was in a first person perspective, but then the camera angle would switch to facing the front of your car, looking in the window, or a shot of the grandstand! That was fine in the movie, but pretty much sucks when you're trying to make people feel like they're actually riding in the car.

After DOT opened at PKI I rode it once to see if it had improved from the Carowinds version...it hadn't and I never rode it again.

I'd definitely say '007 was my favorite as well. I can't remember--was it in 3D too?

Joel

The Stupidest thing youve ever seen? You have to be kidding me? Id take smash factory over Spongebob. It's ACTION Fx theatre, sure spongebob has some action but when i think of action i think of explosions and car crashes not Sponges and starfish chasing pickles and evil undersea creatures how is smash factory stupider than that? I mean dont get me wrong I love spongebob, but its much stupider than anything thats been in there.