Addams Family Reunion Coaster or Soundwave?

Scooby_Doo

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its pretty much FOF rethemed to be a rock-n-rollercoaster rip-off with crappy hip-hop or rock music. originally it was supposed to b with MTV but i guess they dropped the name after a while.

yeah, war of the worlds would b a much better theme than shockwave. still would like 2 c an update 2 top gun, though...

jerry.gif

Whoa, ring master, I have to clear up a few descrepincys in your post. Ok, for htose who dont know; this is what "soundwave" is: Soundwave was a rollercoaster proposed to be built that was featured in the survey. What Soundwave is, is a rollercoaster that will launch you off and go through many inversions at high speeds indoors with rock music blaring through your head rest. Much like rocking rollercoaster at Disney's MGM. Originally MTV was planned to sponsor this ride (MTV is owned by Viacom, the same people who own paramount) But now MTV has been dropped from possibly sponsoring this ride because they dont believe MTV will be family oriented. (Which in my opinion is good cause MTV sucks!). A lot of people think FOF could be re-themed to this soundwave coaster because the FOF coasters currently arent themed after anything paramount. Another theory is that parks without an indoor LIM coaster (Carowinds, Wonderland, Great America) might get this coaster built and the FOF's will be re-themed to something with a sci-fi theme. It is not confirmed anywhere that this would be an FOF re-theme. I hope that clears it up.

It is not confirmed anywhere that this would be an FOF re-theme. I hope that clears it up.

That may be true in one sence, but this time after looking at the concept art of the ride (and this one I am 100% sure about unlike that Supersonic thing we had CombatStupendous89) But you can clearly see it is the fof building exterior modified. The inside waiting line will still have the spaceship but the top will be modified with a giant screen for music videos and other things. Also the picture they had of the inside of the ride showed the turn around right after the 3rd inversion with a newly added tower thing with speakers and lights on it.

I still don't want this to happen, but somthing will eventually unsure.gif

Yeah I noticed that in the concept art too but its still not confirmed that it would be an FOF re-theme they could always go at another angle and build a completely new ride.......yeah the concept art obviously shows its fof.......but i was jsut saying that is not a fact that fof will be re-themed to this yet. No one knows yet.

Could somebody please post a link to some concept designs for the Addams Family Coaster

Yeah I have the link but sadly it's dead the concept art was very much detailed it had the Addams House etc. I hope PKI adds this in to there park soon I say 2007 will be the next big year for PKI.

well for PKI it might just be easier to retheme FOF to shockwave or war of the worlds. i mean, it pretty much does everything it says it can do just like Flight of Fear. im not saying that they they're absolutely going to have to re-theme FOF but it might b easier on their part to save money instead of, say, building another LIM launched coaster.

Hate to brake to you ya but WOTW attraction rights have been given to universal studios theme parks. I think if PKI re-themes FOF it will be to Soundwave why would they build another LIM launch coaster?if your speaking of The Addams Family coaster it wasnt a LIM launch coaster besides I think Paramount has something very cool coming within the next two years.

I like FoF's current theme. I think it fits the ride like a glove. I think the whole "soundwave" theme is kind of dumb. I really hope they don't re-theme it...I'll prlly cry....lol j/p but seriously they shouldn't re-theme it. It would be a waste of money b/c it already has a great theme and it doesn't sound like the "soundwave" theme is all to popular.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah Avril is hot but anyway back on topic..

I can see the Addams Family being added to the park I found out saturday that a lot of people love the idea and concept even more so than IJ:ST the reason why they didnt build the addams was because paramount didnt have the rights to build an attraction just the movie(s) rights to make films me and my co-worker where talking about it.

All in all this Adams family thing sounds cool. It should be a 'standing coaster' though to make up for the parks lack of one. It shouldn't take the place of any existing ride though. It should have the original comic versions from the new yorker as mascots, not actors. That would be awesome.

If it is an adams family coaster:

Pki will install the first ever intamin ag dive machine. a 300' vertical dive into a tunnel filled with adams family shi* and then out into a couple inerversions. That way if paramount is bought out they could take the props out of the tunnel.

All in all this Adams family thing sounds cool. It should be a 'standing coaster' though to make up for the parks lack of one. It shouldn't take the place of any existing ride though. It should have the original comic versions from the new yorker as mascots, not actors. That would be awesome.

standups are out. It is a bad return on ivestment. PKI needs a capacity hog,