Tomb Raider Fair Fall is done

Looks pretty dull to me too. It doesn't have as many seats as TR:TR

This has been stated several time it ISNT a Giant Top Spin, its a suspened top spin, thus it doesnt have as many seats as a giant top spin. Wander if they were actually running a cycle, or jogging it.

I dont think we can call it dull yet, look at that picture, there is still a lot of contruction equipment around there is probably going to be a lot more theming put in it and when it is completley finished it is supposed to be surrounded by jungle like theming so you cant see the rest of the park. I think that will be cool plus they could have explosions and other effects that can be done inside. This may turn out to be pretty cool

FireFall sounds neat, but to what extent, eh... it is just a topspin, i mean i know the smaller ones do feel faster, like the Spider at carnivals feel more extreme than PKI's monster!

Theirs will probably have points in it when it stops and special effects take place like explosions, boulders flying, maybe something cool they could do with those stone monsters that come alive in the movie. Your not jsut oging to spin around scenery your going to spin around a lot of special effects.

Theirs will probably have points in it when it stops and special effects take place like explosions, boulders flying, maybe something cool they could do with those stone monsters that come alive in the movie. Your not jsut oging to spin around scenery your going to spin around a lot of special effects.

You make it sound as if the one at PKI doesn't do that. The one at PKI has several "scenes" where the gondola stops and effects take place.

You make it sound as if the one at PKI doesn't do that. The one at PKI has several "scenes" where the gondola stops and effects take place.

I wasnt trying to make it sound like KI doesnt have effects. I dont think at KI's you spin around scenery. Everyone else makes it seem like its just a regular top spin, its not. I wasnt dissing KI's at all, i like TRTR at KI.

Your right PKD4LIFE, the scenery is not done yet and from the looks of it only about 60% done! They haven't even finished the exit ramp, so I'd hardly call it complete, still plenty of foliage and artifacts to add. Themeing goes up fast so don't fret (just look at IJ:ST), everyone will be surprised when opening day comes wink.gif I think PKD's TR:FF will add a different experience that PKI's TR:TR but will be every bit as fun laugh.gif

This is a little off topic, but why do they have to keep theming rides off of the Lara Croft: Tomb Raider movie. Paramount already had another Indiana Jones rip-off that's nine years old, as just as lame. LC:TR even stole the basic plot, which was already stolen from Indy Jones.

user posted image

Looks pretty dull to me too. It doesn't have as many seats as TR:TR

The true statement of a PKI fanboy. Taking one look at a not-so-good quality picture that shows the ride testing for the first time, no effects going, and the themeing and landscaping not even done, and it already sucks. Thanks for the laugh wink.gif

I look at it and IT SUCKED MONKEY BUTT I didnt like any of it!! It look likes they bought it off the street from a homeless person

for all who don't know we have a floorless topspin... so what if it don't sit as many as pkis. Pkd is trying to lean from pki's mistakes like not making drop zone spin because pkis dz has more down time and not getting a giant because 77 are soppose to be seated but not it has decresed to 55 because 1 side is heaver. why does ares suck already when the ride is complete but the theming is not yet done? sad.gif

I look at it and IT SUCKED MONKEY BUTT I didnt like any of it!! It look likes they bought it off the street from a homeless person

If that's where they got it then I want to find that homeless guy and buy something off of him!

And you can't call it dull because as people have been saying the theming isn't done. I bet it'll be great and it'll be interesting to see it when the theming is done.

QUOTE (PKD4LIFE,Mar 9 2005, 12:56 PM)

for all who don't know we have a floorless topspin... so what if it don't sit as many as pkis. Pkd is trying to lean from pki's mistakes like not making drop zone spin because pkis dz has more down time and not getting a giant because 77 are soppose to be seated but not it has decresed to 55 because 1 side is heaver. why does ares suck already when the ride is complete but the theming is not yet done? 

Learn how to quote and it looks dull and plain. Thats the end of my story

Way to go PKD, looking good! I really like the theming they already have in the background, I can't wait to see the finished product. They said they were going to have the volcano scene, will it be in front of that stone structure I'm guessing? Eitherway, the floorless top spin was a great way to take the Tomb Raider theme outdoors. I'm glad they didn't just rehash ours and instead opted for a completely original title, story, and theme. This increases my desire to visit PKD, and I really hope some of our friends from PKD will send us some pics when it's done.

QUOTE (PKD4LIFE,Mar 9 2005, 12:56 PM)

for all who don't know we have a floorless topspin... so what if it don't sit as many as pkis. Pkd is trying to lean from pki's mistakes like not making drop zone spin because pkis dz has more down time and not getting a giant because 77 are soppose to be seated but not it has decresed to 55 because 1 side is heaver. why does ares suck already when the ride is complete but the theming is not yet done? 

Learn how to quote and it looks dull and plain. Thats the end of my story

Ok, Kong Fu Guy, shut up. Just cause he messed up the quote doesnt mean you get to criticize him! Also, how can you say the ride looks dull and plain? Cant you read? The theming hasnt been finished on it. YOU have never been on it. YOU cat judge it from one picture. THINK BEFORE YOU POST, remember those posts about TRTR being gone? You need to put some thought into what you are posting or else you go around looking like a complete idiot.

Anyways back on topic, since this ride is outside i bet that volcano and fire scenes + effects will be very cool, PKD4life you are very lucky, this ride sounds like it will be good.

GOD who crawled up your butt and die. laugh.gif well it does look plain and who would run it in the middle of winter??

Once again, did you not read? Its running in the middle of winter because they are TESTING it! No one crawled up my butt, im just sick of coming across these forums and seeing ignorant and stupid posts from you.

GOD who crawled up your butt and die. laugh.gif

calm down you, he is just saying that since you have TRTR to ride, and you are dissing TRFF, then you have no justification, just because a ride looks to be less extreme or thrilling, does not indicate this, the physics do, sorry, a physics rant starts in 3, 2, 1...

Physics of the smaller topspin, the smaller of the topspins is typically going to be the more extreme, it has a larger radial acceleration, which is indierctly related to the speed of the gondola, the g forces applied to the gondola will then make the gondola sway and swing way more! this will in return make this a very good ride!

As for the good ole Giant Top Spin, well it is a people eater, it is a great ride, and should be respected for its capacity and awe invoking power. it has a nice tangential accelerationa and thus makes it seem to go faster, thought it may go the exact same number of revolutions per minute as TRFF.

So what have we learned? "weak" rides are not always truly weak, they can be quite nice... as i have stated previously, the Spider Rides at Carnivals are much more thrilling than the Monster Rides you will find. a smaller ride can mean more excitement, but less capacity, however whis is not always the case, as shown by the frisbee rides by Huss, Delirium is a much bigger thrill than a much similar ride from Zamperla or small Frisbee from Huss. Trust me, These rides are never ever weak, until they get so old they just start experiencing so much down time that it eventually is down more than up ...ahem, TTD... but not about TTD, this is about TRTR v TRFF