Tomb Raider Fair Fall is done

In the next couple days you guy will get to see some pictures of the ride operating! On March 19th, 2005 look for some pictures of it on ANMPKD , ThrillNerds , or PkdPlace . I think they should have them up by the end of the day or the next day. Im going on March 20th so i'll be able to get some pictures too! Looks fun... biggrin.gif

Ya the theming on TR:TRFF looks pretty dull.

Try reading before you post. We've said a hundred times already that the themeing isn't done yet. I even got an email from the park yesterday that said they are postponing media day that was suppose to be March 16th because of weather-related delays on finishing the themeing and everything.

To prove our point, check out the new flash site for TR:FF and click on the downloads section. There in the top left corner you will find a wallpaper with the concept rendering of what the ride shoud look like when it is complete. As you can see, if the ride is to even come close to resembling that concept art, then they still have some ways to go (in terms of theming). Click the link below to access the TR:FF site:

Tomb Raider Firefall Official Website

Macromedia Flash Player is needed in order to view this website. If you don't have Macromedia Flash Player then download your free copy now.

Someone on the PKD Page forums went to the employee family and friend day and they said that the queue line wasn't even finished yet for the ride. Guess that would be the "weather-related delays" that made them postpone media day. They hadn't even finished the actually artwork that is going on the sides of the top spin yet, so hopefully we'll have some good weather here the next few days and they can finish on time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have ridden it and it was amazing! It flips 8times! (4more than pkis do) The ride theme is coming along and they have yet to put in some of those beast that were chasing Laura Croft in the 1st movie when she was in the Cambodian temple. The ride theme is only 50% done. huh.gif

And PKI_Diana... what do you me by the driver? Do you mean the ride operator? he sits in a small building that has a window so he can make sure that people are ready and ready to go. There are also ride ops on both side of the Tomb Raider that checks you that your in your seat safely and ready to go then they raise thier thums and get of of the ride floor and as soon are the music starts... the floor drops slowlt all the way down then the ride lifts up and do all its amazing flips, twist and turns. The ride line was only about a 5min wait so I got to ride it 6times! The line goes so fast because when you enter... there is a line then when you get closer to the ride the line splits up and you get to pick what side you want to ride and of corse. The side facing volcano and the crowd whaching you is the best side. When the ride fell back slowly i waved to the people and the waved back and laughed at us because we were shivering with terror! That is is my favorite ride in the PARK!