Great CP Packages

I got my annual mailing from CP resorts last week, and once again they've got some great package deals! They're only available for certain times, but if it fits your schedule there are great deals.

We went last year during the week before Labor Day weekend, and for $320 (total) got:

--Two nights at the Breakers

--Two "twilight" (after 4p) tix to CP

--Two full-day tix to CP

--$30 in "munch money" (good at select locations)

--Four tix to Challenge Park

--two buy one/get one free coupons to Soak City

The park closes early (8p) at that time, but it's so slow it's not really a problem. The longest wait was 20 min. for TTD...the front seat of Raptor was usually only a one car wait. It was great!

We're going the same time this year, but planning to stay at Sandcastle Suites instead. The room we were in last year at the Breakers wasn't the greatest, and I really want a balcony. (The package price on the pool view room at Sandcastle is $355.)

If you've never stayed on property at CP, I highly recommend it. Walking down the boardwalk along the beach to the park it's hard to believe you're still in Ohio! It's a great (and cheap!) mini-vacation.

Joel

Is this package always avable or just durning certain dates?

Packages are offered pretty much all season with the exception of the month of July, BUT the prices vary significantly by date range. For example, the same package at Sandcastle:

June 17-July 1: $539-753

Aug 28-Sept 1: $323-529

The range depends on the specific room type chosen.

There are also some good package deals for Halloweekends...the Breakers starting at $186 and Sandcastle at $250.

Joel

Is it better to go in the Spring/Fall than the summer?

My favorite time at CP has always been very late Summer (last week of August). The weather is generally a little more stable then, and the park is empty. However, pretty much everything is still running at "full operation."

The peak-of-Summer crowds can be HUGE, especially on the weekend.

I never had very good luck with weather at CP before about mid-June. I was there one time in early June and it was 45 & raining. It was God-awful...

Joel