New IJST pics from Canada

Delirium_Guy

Canada's Wonderland has yet another update on their Italian Job. These new pictures show the completed track. Its nice to finally see some pics of the track thats in the tunnel, looks quite fun. In one of the pictures showing the launch track, you can see the LIM motors already mounted in place. It appears that the two Italian Job rides will use the same style LIMs that Revenge of the Mummy uses to boost its cars up hill.....which means they won't be mounted in the center of the track like someone else thought earlier on. Shaping up to be quite the fun looking little ride.

Italian Job pics

- Todd

The tunnel is supposed to have some big special suprise in it that Ive only heard rumors of, I know its going to make you feel like your swaying from side to side as you go around the curvuture of the tunnel but what do you think the suprise could be? A woosh of air? Water? Blast of heat? Barrel roll (from thelooks of the picture this doesnt seem likely)? something else?

• 2 weeks later...

PKI ALMOST caught up? Did you LOOK at those pictures? PKI is WAY ahead of PCW!

Take this pic for instance...

user posted image

Anyone notice something missing? Like the tunnel for the subway? Yeah, thats not there. See any cop cars in other pics? See the copter? See how the tunnel after the 2nd launch isn't completed yet?

Now considering that PCW opens later than PKI (correct me if I'm wrong), then they should be fine. By the looks of those pics, they still have weather (snow anyone?) to contend with. I'm sure they're still on schedule, but anyone that says PCW is ahead of PKI on building this ride obviously can't see.

Sorry about my rant, but for someone to say "PKI almost caught up with PCW" is just out of wack.