I.J. Over or Under - Rated?

derbeast

I still feel the same way about it now as I did at the media unveiling. I love this type of ride, so I'm uber exciting for it. My only worry, still, is that it is too short at probably around 1-1.3 minutes. Well, that and the effects issue, but I'm not going to get into that again.

I still feel the same, I think that IJ will be an excellent family coaster but will not hold the thrill seekers attention after about four rides on it. The theming, even at it's current state looks good and should look very good if they pull it off. I am hoping that Pki will make sure to nicely landscape the area and keep it maintained. So, IJ looks superb but it's too soon to give an answer on over or under rated, if the effects will actually work (Ie the Tomb Raider syndrome), the landscpaing is kept up and the factors of guests (Grafity, trash, etc) - Coasterguy107

I don't know how people could not be excited about it from the get go. No, it's not a record setter like Cedar Point trots out every few years. But here's the thing about record setters: if all you're doing is giving someone a bigger and better thrill, then what happens when you top that? So many people I know call the Magnum old and slow now that they have Millenium Force and Top Thrill Dragster.

No, PKI doesn't often build record-breakers. But, IMHO, they constantly are adding FUN rides to the park. FoF may not be the biggest and scariest. . . but can anyone deny that it is pure fun? Six loops is not all to rare nowadays, but can anyone deny that The Vortex still gives you a thrill? And The Beast. . . what if PKI announced they were building a wooden coaster that was just over 100 feet tall and went 65 MPH today? We would all yawn. . . except that The Beast is so unique and so well-designed that it doesn't need to be big and record-setting. . . it's a thrilling ride that is still one of the best in the world! Even Adventure Express, which is--admittedlly--pretty lame as far as thrills go, is still fun for its turns and effects.

So, I think IJST is going to be in the same boat. No, it's not going to get diehard thrill-seekers all excited. But for anyone looking for fun and originality, what's not to like? It's fast, It's got whiplash turns and--from what it sounds like--very cool effects. I, for one, can't wait! laugh.gif

When I first heard about the Italian Job and that it would be heavily themed I thought it was gonna be another flop like Tomb Raider (No offense to Tomb Raider, its grown on me and I love it now) but I wasnt sorried they wouldnt keep up the effects and the theming like on some other rides. But now that I see all the effort KI is putting into this, I can not wait. Its gonna be fantastic.

I definately underated this coaster in the beginning. I remember the night before they announced it when they were putting up the display at the front gate. I looked at it, shook my head, and walked away with the thought that it wouldn't be much better than Reptar (which is fun). I figured I'd ride it a couple of times and be done with it. But now I'm ecstatic about it. I can't wait for it to open. I think it will be very exciting. I also think KI will do a good job at keeping the themeing up now that we're all about the magic of the movies.

when i went to PKI late in the summer, they were showing ads for it on the TVs in the waiting lines. I thought it looked REALLY stupid and I figured it would be like AE(slow, dumb, waste of time). I also thought the whole themeing of The Italion Job was retarded. I've never really been a fan of there Action Zone ride names. I always thought it was kind of cheezy. Plus, I started looking at other Paramount's parks and saw they had different style roller coasters with the same name (ex. Top Gun @ PKI: suspended....Top Gun @..?...I forget: inverted. I guess I always thought when they came out with movie themed rides, they lacked originality. Now, after riding the virtual ride tour thing @ pki.com and seeing the pictures, I'm actually kind of excited about it. I just hope it's open when we go on our school trip that way i can at least ride it once.