Report on PKI

Grunts Rock

One of my site's affiliate's, Amusement Safety Organization, recently posted their report on PKI. It can be found here. This is an independent organzation that is not affiliated with any amusement park, they just file reports on their observations and feedback they receive from patrons. They also do safety consultation with parks on a contractual basis. Anyways, I was wondering what some thoughts on this report were.

Ha, I guess SOB isn't safe. I don't really have a problem with the ride, I mean it is rough but still, I don't think it's as bad as they make it seem. The worst that's ever happened to me on the ride is it busted my lip, but that was just as much my fault as anything else.

Then again after reading some of the reports on other places the ratings seem pretty harsh. 85% of people said they don't think TTD is safe. They also said to not ride Ghost Rider, one of the best wood coasters in the world. What kind of people do they poll, 70 year olds?

That website does not seem credible to me at all. If you look at the page on Paramount`s Great America, there are numerous misspellings and grammar issues. It seems like this website is trying to look after theme park goers, but the wording on the website is very odd and they don`t seem to have any verifiably information. There is a lot of numbers and polls but they don`t say how or when these polls were conducted.

I would have to agree that SOB could be causing more injuries than necessary. Other than the younger crowds the rest of us feel its wrath each ride. The trains are very confining and if you taller than 6†your in for one painful ride. I have experienced banged up knees, bruised sides and some wicked headaches. I have been on so many different woodies to know this ride does not have to be so rough. Call it poor design or engineering it down right rough. Now this is just my opinion. Take it for what it’s worth.