Volcano, The Blast Coaster

This is truely my favorite coaster in the world! It has speeds reaching to 70mph with 2 forceful launches! It also has REAL fire errupting out the top of the volcano and has erruption sound fxs when the train blast 155ft out the top upsidedown and into 4 inversion then with an incredible 80ft turning drop back into the volcano! This is truely a great and 1 of a kind ride experience! This ride is so amasing that lines could reach up to 3hr!!! IT IS WORTH RIDEING!!! Below you can see this incredible coaster!!! Tell me what you think of it!!!

Pic 1 this picture shows the only drop on the ride. The 80ft curve drop. Look at how fast its going! When it gets back inside the volcano the ride slows down and turns back into the station! biggrin.gif

Pic 2 yep... thats real fire!

Pic 3 thats 1 of 3 of volcanos barrel rolls! gatta love em'

Pic 4 a very very buetiful view of volcano! volcano is really that GREAT!

Pic 5 the back side of volcano where it is very rare to get a pic of!!!!!

Pic 6 a side view of volcano! can you see the coaster coasting down the 80ft drop!?

Pic 7 thats gatta be a weeeeee! notice Flight of Fear in the background... biggrin.gif

Pic 8 One final look at Volcano, The Blast Coaster at Paramount's Kings Dominion!

A very nice ride to say the least. One of the most intense and probably the best coaster at PKD (definitely since HS:XLC has gotten so rough). It looks especially good since they gave it a new paint job this offseason. Same colors as before, but a much cleaner, brighter look really helps.

Here are some reviews of Volcano if anyone is interested.

Isnt it rumored that HS:XLC will be taken out in a few years due to high maintenance?

Yeah and it's just that, a rumor. I very highly doubt that they'll be removing a first-of-it's-kind after just a few years, especially after they have already changed the style trains 3 times already. They've finally gotten the trains right, but the best thing they could do now is to go back and change to the more recent tubular track that S&S uses instead of the I-beam kind that HS:XLC has now. But of course, anything is possible.