PKI Going Smoke Free

Ohoo please, Experts all agree that smoking will kill you. You are polluting your body with harmful and yes deadly toxins. I refuse to sugar coat a topic like this to make some kid feel better about what he’s doing and how he feels about it. It's all childish. I am a fireman and know the harmful affects of smoke. That’s why we wear air packs. If you don’t believe what smoking will do to you check out the side of a pack sometime.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohoo please, Experts all agree that smoking will kill you. You are polluting your body with harmful and yes deadly toxins. I refuse to sugar coat a topic like this to make some kid feel better about what he’s doing and how he feels about it. It's all childish. I am a fireman and know the harmful affects of smoke. That’s why we wear air packs. If you don’t believe what smoking will do to you check out the side of a pack sometime.

Im not sugar coating anything family man i agree with you that smoking is harmful and that he shouldnt do it. Smoking is terrible and someone like family guy whose profession deals with smoke would know.

we can read the side of the pack, and we see the same freakin commercials and websites as you, just shut up, we know.

Already stated that there buddy.... and the smoke that a fireman inhales, can kill you in a few minutes... so thats a lovely comparison. Apperance no, I brush my teeth and they are perfectly fine, i can think of only 1 person in my whole family, all of whom smoke, that actually has yellow teeth. If you let them rot, they will rot.

I am by no means what so ever a child. I have been on my own since i was 15 years old paying for everything and as of last year after the PKI season was over i started living in my own place, paying my own bills, at 17(im 18 now), so i am by no means a child, and i havent been for a long time, my parents kind of robbed me of that one there, smoky the bear.

Yes i am bashing people but i can recieve just as much, if not more than i dish out , because i can back it up. Usually i only do it because i feel its justified though. Most of the people who are posting in these topics, attack smokers as a whole and i feel that is wrong, smoker or not, you dont judge a person just because of that. Yet everyone is saying we are all rude, inconsiderate, and ignorant, hence the bashing.

I never once said you were rude considerate or ignorant, im not judging you as a smoke, its just one thing about you i wouldnt agree with. If I met you in person I might not care for your smoking but we could still be friends. I know lots of people who smoke and I dont hate anyone.....so dont jump the gun....true some people judge smokers as a whole because theyve had nothing but bad expereinces with smokers at KI.

True we dont see eye to eye on one issue. I dont judge people, especially people who smoke. I know a lot of people who smoke and while it aggitates me I hate no one for it. Dxrunner I respect that you made the decision to smoke, I just dont see why and if you could give me a reason the negative effects outweigh the possitive, which there are not really possitive ones.

Yeah, i did and I see how it helps some people. Ive seen how it calms some people down and relaxes them and can get them through tough situations. I almost started smoking a few months back when i went through a really bad time in my life. I just dont like seeing people get sick from it. Especially people like Dxrunner and the people on the PKIC boards. Everyone ive met through here has been a cool person and shares the same passion for PKI as myself and wish that nothing bad happens to them.

That's great that the suits at Kings Island decided to make the park somewhat smoke free. It's a nice gesture on their part, but hard to enforce.

I once worked as a bouncer in a comedy club. I had to confront people smoking out of place, or heckling, and I did a good job of it. I'm a big guy, but I also know that a lot of the younger kids I worked with were actually afraid of confrontation, or apathetic towards the situation and people got to smoke where they wanted because nobody enforced the rules. I'm not saying this will happen at Kings Island, but it's possible.

What I am slightly dissapointed about is the suits at Kings Island total disregard for my idea of banning farting at the park. This means I am going to have to stand in line for White Water Canyon while Bessy and Bill, who have just consumed a few hot dogs and downed three or four beers, play Hail to the Chief ouf of their backside in front of me. This is the White Water Canyon line here, I have nowhere to run but out of line. I don't want to sacrifice my wait for their lack of civility, so I must endure the sticky stench emitting from their inner regions. I will bring a clothespin for my nose this year, last year was really bad.

It's truly a tragedy that the suits refuse to outlaw farting.. Then again, as you may already know, if farting is outlawed, then only outlaws will fart.

^that has to be the best post i have ever read on this forum laugh.gif Yes hablo i quit smoking as of yesterday. Im sure KI's drama will make me want a cigg or to throughout the year though so if you see me light uup, thats prolly why. If it wasnt for work and school i could prolly quit perminatly

The health risk is another reason why smoking shouldn't be allowed everywhere. If people want to smoke, fine, who cares. But if someone chooses not to smoke, they shouldn't be forced to stand right next to someone smoking and just accept it, or as in a case mentioned earlier, forced to keep moving away from the smokers because they have a health condition. It just makes me wonder; causing someone bodily harm is illegal, forcing someone to breathe second hand smoke against their will isn't.

Problem with this!!!!! If you actually look at those Truth commercials, they are a bunch of lies. I have talked to someone who has done research for the Truth commercials, and even he admitted that almost 9/10 of what they say on the commercials is false. Especially with the second hand stuff.

And as for doing bodily harm, thats bull. Im sorry but if this country bans people smoking due to second hand smoke, then Im moving to Japan perminently. This country was put together with tobacco ( and corn and cotton). You take tobacco away from the US, there will be riots everywhere. I want to see COLD HARD FACTS about second hand smoking causing lung cancer. WHERE IS IT!? Oh thats right, you guys have bought what the Truth people have been spoon feeding you.

Plus, Kentucky (my state) is already facing an economy problem, imagine what will happen if tobacco is banned.

Now if you dont mind, Im going to go have a smoke.

First off you cant compare farting to smoking, farting is a bodily function and is natural, smoking is a choice made by an individual, its not needed to sustain your life. Farting although it is gross, you do need to it and cant help it because it is part of your digestive system. So thats not a good comparisson. That guy is right about the Truth commericals, there is no proof at all that second hand smoke kills but Im sure that is not why KI is banning smoking. Smoking also can make people have allergic reactions and stir up their asthma, i cant tell you how many times ive had to leave a section of the stadium at a reds game or get out of line at Kings Island because of some smoker who couldnt follow the rules. KI's attendance is booming rising and that means more people and a larger attendance record and most people dont want to taste or smell smoke especially those who have allergies like asthma and children who have asthma and there are a lot of those people. (Im not saying smokers are bad people at all, my best friend smokes).

I know he was joking and yes the truth commericals are very deceptive and wrong but Im done with this discussion cause after the terrible night Ive had last night I was very tempted to bum a cigarette off my friend, I could not calm down and I felt like absolute S**T so Im done arguing.