IJST photo update 3/15/05

I also noticed that there are 2 red cars and no white cars, but I'm not sure if that second red car is part of the train or just sitting on the track. If you look the first 2 cars are attached but the 3rd one actually isn't attached and just sitting a little behind the other 2 cars, so maybe its not part of that train.

If you look the first 2 cars are attached but the 3rd on actually isn't attached and just sitting a little behind the other 2 cars, so maybe its not part of that train.

You are correct sir.

Yeah, the cars are also missing paint where their hubcaps should be as well as license plates and Mini Cooper stripes down the front and rear. Seems like they only have their factory paint job for the time being. I'm pretty sure the doors were there on the left side of the cars, which is the one that will be opening I believe. And yeah, it looks like they haven't gotten a full train assembled yet, just a few cars on the track, so it could be a little longer before we get to see the nifty white one bringing up the rear. I hope PKI's paint shop does some detail work on them prior to opening, I'd be dissapointed a little if that's how they ended up, without the little details they had in the trailer. They still look great though, as does the chopper and its 2 mini guns! It looks awesome, great job PKI!

I also noticed that there are 2 red cars and no white cars, but I'm not sure if that second red car is part of the train of just sitting on the track. If you look the first 2 cars are attached but the 3rd on actually isn't attached and just sitting a little behind the other 2 cars, so maybe its not part of that train.

This is what I thought, I'm sure we'll see the arrival of the remaining six cars sometime soon (including the white ones). I'm pretty sure the cars will still have opening doors (rideops most likely open them with a switch) and I'm definate the cars will use lap bars (as Premier is the king at making coasters with lapbars). Glad to see the helicopter with a machine gun under it (I wonder if fire will come out to simulate shooting at the cars), and the part with the police cars will be sweet by how close you are to the ground (so your not above the cars). Are they building a tarp over the bridge?

The cars look a lot *bulkier* than I expected. Having ridden Revenge of the Mummy, I was familiar with the new style LIMs and how the fins extend down vertically from the sides of the car. Its not real noticeable on Mummy because 1) its in the dark and 2) the cars are kinda squared and bulky to begin with. It just looks weird seeing those huge LIM fins sticking down from those little cars :-) In any event, really starting to look nice! They are really making nice progress.

- Todd