See the flyers in action!

That is my point exactly. If you’re from the other park that received the ride I am happy for you. We have seen it and it’s gone already. Yes many of us are sad but instead of celebrating the addition of some new flats and kiddy rides were about to ride one of the best themed scream machines to hit a park. Spam your own boards with this stuff.

Some of yout tourists just wouldn't understand....

then help me understand....

Well, we've been through this a million times, so I'll just give you a breif rundown.

First of all, it's a part of history. It's been in the Cincy area for 70+ years, so I really don't need to give you a speal about its legacy.

I've made a lot of good friends in line for the ride. I think a lot of people can relate to this. If it weren't for the eagles, I probably wouldn't have ever reallly known people like The-Snapper, Delirium_Guy, Coasterdime, Toad, Karen, etc... that list can go on forever. Not only was it a great ride, it was a staple of a lot of our friendships.

Little known fact -- Dane met ZosoBeast in line for the Eagles, because of that, he asked him to join our Beastbuzz team, which eventually work into him being on our staff. Hell, I don't know if you guys have noticed or not, but he has brought a LOT to the table for you guys, and loosely due to the Eagles, PKIC, as the product that you are looking at today, wouldn't be as good.

I guess the main thing is, everyone who says the people just need to let it go really didn't have the opportunity to join is in a Flyer-fest as a nightly event. Every night was a new experience, and every night topped the night before. I really couldn't ask for more in terms of a good time. In saying that "tourists" wouldn't understand, I didn't mean that as being insulting. I'm just saying that for most people, it was a great ride which was collectively part of a selection of great rides. Anyone who didn't go to the park a lot during the season could easily overlook what the ride stood for and meant to us. I mean, it didn't have to be a ride... just think back to when you were younger, or even to what you do now. Isn't there, or wasn't there a place where you and your clique of friends meet or met up every day? I mean, whether it's a Bisch-Rocco Flying Scooters or a statue in the middle of town, the collective spot has a special meaning, or staple, to you personally as well as your friends.

You may or may not understand this, but because of all of these experiences, that ride, from the commonly fought over #2 tub to those past couple of feet of queue line that sparked your anticipation, was a sacred place to a lot of us that is now dead and gone.

I'm not a tourist and I understand just fine...But also, on the same end, it's a machine and nothing to cry and wimper over...The irony? It's now leveld out dirt with nothing left but the fence the surrounded it.

Yeah, I saw that at the tour. The fence still curves in where the entrance was... bummer...

It was special to alot of people, including me. It has been there longer than I have been going to the park. To me, it was the flat of all flats at PKI. I remember the first time I look my little brother on them, he though I was going to kill us! laugh.gif I for one will miss the Flyers.