PKI Book?

HomerJay

I remember years back there was a Cedar Point book about the history of the park. It wasn't put out by the park but by someone in the area. It was fairly in-depth (of course, Cedar Point DOES have over 100 years behind it). I think it would be wonderful to come out with a PKI book with pictures of the park's history. Pictures of old HBL, the Sky Ride, some of the old coasters. Maybe even a DVD or VHS mini-documentray.

Granted, it probably won't go over as big as the Cedar Point one, simply because CP's history extends way beyond the theme park years. But I think it would be a wonderful souvenier to have and look forward to.

PKI has something that Cedar Point doesn't have, an unofficial guidebook, which I authored. It came out in 2003 and is named "The Unofficial Guidebook to Paramount's Kings Island" - Orange Frazer Press.

Author and attorney Charles Jacques, who wrote the History of Coney Island Book, is writing a HISTORY BOOK ABOUT Kings Island. However, it was due out 2 years ago, so he is obviously a little late. As of last year, Mr. Jacques was still collecting data.

So, you need not worry. PKI has a guidebook AND will have a history book in due time.

Have a great weekend!

Charles Infosino aka Italian Chef

chef.gif

Last summer Charles Jaques was collectiong pictures and stories of Paramount`s Kings Island at several local libraries. I don`t know when the Kings Island book is expected to come out. His books take some time to write. But when they are done, they are extremly well written and full of tons of informative information! I for one can`t wait to pick up a copy and read his Kings Island book. His Coney Island book was very nice!

PKI is featured on various travel channel/discovery channel/ other channel's shows about amusement parks and coasters. In fact theres one on at 2 this morning on the travel channel about the worlds greatest coasters though im not sure if PKI is featured although we all know it should be!

PKI is featured on various travel channel/discovery channel/ other channel's shows about amusement parks and coasters. In fact theres one on at 2 this morning on the travel channel about the worlds greatest coasters though im not sure if PKI is featured although we all know it should be!

I know that but what I am saying the travel channel should make a show all about PKI.

Yeah, I do have to agree that CP has had more changes than PKI. KI has made some big changes, yes. But Cedar Point morphed from a simple beach resort to a sprawling park to an amusement park. Plus, it just happens when one park has a 30-plus year history and CP has over 120 years. . . .

I'll have to look for that PKI history book if it ever comes out. Would be interesting to read :-)

And ItalianChef, I actually DID purchase your book last summer (I live in Michigan so I had to get it through Amazon). I must say I found it EXTREMELY well done and helpful. . . and I've been going to PKI for over 20 years!! Good work!

And whoever brought up the idea of a TV show solely devoted to PKI. . . it would be cool to see a documentary. But I've often thought what might be cooler would be to have a sort of "Timberwolf Presents" where they do pay-per-views or just weekly summer concerts broadcast on TV. That would be pretty cool. And I always thought a movie taking place at PKI would be neat. Like an indie comedy or something.

Hey Chef where would one pick up a copy of this book?

www.orangefrazer.com

www.amazon.com

It was sold at the park and book stores throughout the tri-state last year and the year before. However, I doubt the bookstores still stock it because it's a summer item.

Have a great weekend!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

Hey Chef where would one pick up a copy of this book?

www.orangefrazer.com

www.amazon.com

It was sold at the park and book stores throughout the tri-state last year and the year before. However, I doubt the bookstores still stock it because it's a summer item.

Have a great weekend!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

I found a couple of copies at Borders books and music in Northgate next to Northgate Mall last year. They were located in the "local" section, where you could find that Coney Island history book and others. I'm sure they have some left.

Ive wanted to go up to Travel Channel and see if they would be willing to put together a series based around what happens behind the scenes of PKI. Not just for one day, but do a week an episode. That way, they can cover the entire year, not just one day.

Just a thought.

I Maybe even a DVD or VHS mini-documentray.

If Paramount Parks let PKICentral make a DVD/VHS tape about the history of the park I would be more than happy to help out. Just a idea. cowboy.gif

Oh come on Vortex! You know that if we had the footage to do it, it would be on the very top of our "to do" list.