PKIC Adds Dozens of IJST Tour Pics!

Well, the tour has come and gone and now all we have to look forward to is opening day now! Of course, for those of you who didn't get to go to the tour, we have added dozens of pictures including IJST construction as well as other various shots of the park. Click here to check them out!

Regards,

Ryan

The blue car was sitting seperate elsewhere on the track because as jeff said it was being tested earlier that day for something. It was sitting up closer towards the station. The other two red vehicles were, as you can see in the pictures, situated on the piece of track that switches trains in and out.

Great pics...this site always does top-notch content.

Any idea of what the themeing for the queue/station will be like? In all the pictures that I've seen of the construction, I still have a hard time picturing the layout of the ride. I guess I need a shot from the top of the Tower to really get my bearings smile.gif . Where will the entrance to the queue start? Considering this thing straddles the entire middle portion of the park, the queue could start almost anywhere.

It looks like the themeing on this ride looks great so far. Like TR:TR and FoF, this is a ride that will really raise PKI's image as a THEME park. There will be a lot of great visuals on this ride...they should also be able to create some cool related retail merchandise smile.gif

I saw in another post someone asked Jeff about possible attractions based on WOTW. Did anyone happen to ask him about the reports Viacom is selling the parks? (Not that he'd be able to really say anything--even if he did know...)

Joel

Yeah the tour was very quick but it was totally worth it the ride up close and personal looks thrilling and fun I cant wait to ride this and I cant wait to see what paramount has planed after all Paramount parks are The Best of Hollywood Entertainment. Now Playing! IJ:ST and TR:TR are the firsts to come what theme will be next?

I was at the tour I couldnt hear jeff talk because of all the people mumbling behind me! mad.gif

Not to worry, you will hear everything he had to say when the video gets posted! It is done, just waiting for Ryan to upload! Watch for cameos from some PKIC staff and some PKI employees!

I realized that the "tires" on the cars were going to be completely cosmetic and for decoration, but I didn't realize they were going to sitting off the tracks so high. Such a high center of balance is certainly going to make a difference on the feel of the ride.... probably more of a mouse coaster feel. Hopefully the high center of gravity won't contribute to unforseen wear and tear.

Great pics!

Cris

I think a "mouse" feel sums it up, after all it is essentially like the new Gerstlauer Bobsled rides. I'll admit the ride portion looks fun, but god is that entire area UGLY now :-( It has completely ruined the atmosphere back there. I even heard Jeff talking about the propane tanks being placed off to the side.....I hope they at least cover those up! The ride just doesn't fit there, it looks tacky....especially with the shipping crates all over. I was expecting that, but to actually see it is sad. Its unfortunate that another location couldn't have been chosen. I'm very surprised, too, at how exposed the actual helicopter is.....kinda takes a bit of fun out of that. The ride itself looks like it'll be a BLAST though, perfect for the entire family! I guess I just had high expectations for how it would impact the Park visually. Opinions? What does everyone else think about the new look of the area?

- Todd

I say give it time. He said they were not sure how much of it they were going to hide and cover up. The ride would be "finished" officially for the grand opening in May. Let them finish the ride before passing judgment. It's still being constructed.

I hate the crates. I think it would look 50x better without them. I've never seen IJ, so I really don't know if those crates are part of the "story" and theme, but I sure wish they'd go bye bye.

I understand the crates and realize its theming, but EVERYTHING is so exposed and just plain hideous. I'm totally down with Paramount doing the whole "heavily themed" bit.....but I wish someone would take a trip to Orlando and take some notes about blending things in. I'll reserve judgement until the final product is revealed, but indicators so far aren't too positive. I wonder how much of the *lush* landscaping from the video makes it to the ride?

- Todd

Yes, I agree that the tunnel and the crates do not blend in well. Also, that whole area that used to be full of trees is now full of metal crates and is exposed with lots of views across the park. It makes the center of the park feel more open. It will be interesting to see how they landscape the ride. I can`t imagine them covering up or hiding too many of the crates by the time the ride opens, but who knows. I definantly do not think that they will hide the helicopter from the midways, unless they plant some tall trees in front of it.

However, I think the ride will be an incredibly fun ride. I think the general public will really enjoy the new ride, and I expect that it will have really long lines for years to come. Hopefully the park can maintain the theming and show effects in the coming years, since the ride experience relies on them s heavily. I can`t wait to experiene the finished product in May!

Jeff said at the end of the final brake run you'll hear the director say cut that was a good run. Good job. So I kinda like being about to see the inner workings of the helicopter. It gives that backstage fill to it. I'm sure by the looks of the ride it will all look very interesting. Can't wait!! evil.gif

Ok, let me get this right:

First you ***** about not getting a heavily themed ride, and then you ***** about getting one! You guys cannot be happy can you? Look at the location of the parks you are comparing PKI to, they are all Year round parks! You cant get enough revenue to actually do anything spectactuar that will cost 1 billion to make in a seasonal park!

Get the hell over it!

First you ***** about not getting a heavily themed ride, and then you ***** about getting one! You guys cannot be happy can you? Look at the location of the parks you are comparing PKI to, they are all Year round parks! You cant get enough revenue to actually do anything spectactuar that will cost 1 billion to make in a seasonal park!

Get the hell over it!

Well spoken! You will never make some people happy.

Get the hell over it!

Who's *****ing about getting a heavily theme ride or not getting a heavily themed ride? All that was said was that it looked out of place. Of course PKI will never get the caliber of attractions as the Florida parks, thats an unfair expectation. However, its the simple things like landscaping and other small details that can make the difference. Hell, even the Great Escape painted a nice facade on the visible side of the building that houses their indoor coaster. If Paramount is going to go the way of heavily theming rides and really just putting the guests in the middle of it all, I just want to see them do a good job and do it the right way. Italian Job is, without a doubt, the *best* thing Paramount has came up with. Honestly, its a fantastic attraction and its obvious that they have spent a lot of time with this one. Its definitely going to be a total blast and be extremely popular this summer. I certainly wish both Parks the best at getting these two new attractions up and running. Please, I'm not trying to bash PKI at all. I just want to see the Park be the best it can be.

- Todd

Saw somebody said the cars look like wild mouse cars, and that is what it will probably feel like. Well I just saw Whats New Orlando 2005 on Travel Channel and they showed Mummy at USO. There cars look like giant wild mouse cars, but there cars are also one car.

-Jake