What convention would you like to see at GWL?

italianchef

Star Trek would probably definently come because it was a HUGE paramount television hit. It would bring in a lot of people and I can only see a sci fi convention coming if paramount owns the rights to it. Although most of you on here may not be into that sort of thing..the hotel would fill up if a star trek convention came and the park would be filled with people in star fleet uniforms hahahaahah. It would be crazy. I dont think theyd have a gun convention and also a spongebob convention would just be downright stupid.

I don't think anything big will come to the convention center. Whats why all the sci-fi themes?

I agree about not expecting anything big...

While 50,000 square feet is pretty good size for a hotel's meeting facilities, it's not big enough to host any real sizable convention. (It's roughly maybe 3x the size of a "typical" hotel's meeting space.) By comparison, the Roberts Center on I-71 (north of Cincy, south of Columbus) is 100,000 square feet. The Columbus Convention Center is 1.7 million square feet, just to give you an idea of scale.

Speaking of the Roberts Center...I always thought that was the oddest place to build such a big, stand-alone meeting space. But, I guess it must do ok...

Joel