TV Shows

Gulliversrubadub

The show was based on (I am sure you have watched the Brady Bunch) that the dad in the show, Mike Brady, whom was an architect, and the company he worked for was designing a hotel and confrence center for KI. During the show they show the kids riding a few of the rides such as the Flying Duchman, Racer, The Flyers, and Log Flume. Great episode and gave KI alot of publicity. Also if I am not mistaken the Partridge Family also filmed an episode at KI. Although they never referred to it as KI in the show everyone knew it was KI.

While I'm also too young to remember when the Brady Bunch episode was originally filmed & aired, I've seen the repeats on Nick at Night multiple times. (The most recent time has been within the last year...). It's really funny seeing how much the park has changed. (This was when the "indian canoe" ride was where The Beast is now!) I've always thought PKI should sell the episode on video tape at the park. (Let's face it...we're all geeks and would buy it biggrin.gif )

What is the Jeff & Maureen version of the Brady Bunch episode?

I've always heard about the Partridge Family episode at KI, but I've never seen it before. (Of course, I can count the times I've seen the Partridge Family on one hand.) Maybe Paramount should put both episodes on VHS and sell them at the park...that would be pretty cool.

Joel

Has anyone checked to see if you can rip it off a files sharing group anywhere like limewire?

Tried it but not there. I wonder if I email someone in the Media office if they could give me any info as to where I could find both epsiodes with the Brady Bunch and the Partridge Family? Anyone have a clue who I would contact about this? Any help would be appreciated.

I guess you could contact the park or maybe look on ebay or something. I think both the Brady and Partridge shows wil have season dvds coming out soon. Then you can probably rip that episode off limewire or something if you dont feel like buying the seasons. I Know the partridge family was about both Danny and Keith falling in love with some girl who worked at KI but was too old for both of them. The brady bunch episode is funny. But why exactly did both shows film episodes at KI? Was KI considered the nations top park at the time?

But why exactly did both shows film episodes at KI? Was KI considered the nations top park at the time?

My guess would be that Taft Broadcasting owned a lot of affiliate stations that carried the Brady Bunch and Partridge Family. I'd imagine it was somewhat of a quid pro quo...

Joel

I saw The Brady Bunch episode at Kings Island on TV Land - and was lucky enough to record it! It was filmed in 1972, the year I was born. *L*

And I purchased The Partridge Family episode from www.bestbuy.com.

The Bradys spent a little time at The Kings Island Inn and most the time at the park. The Partridge Family spent way more time at the resort than the Bradys.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

Hahah i remember that pop up episode too, It is funny to see the bad edits. I remember the part when they told all the people to stay away from the brady bunch while they were filming and not to stare but yet during the episode you see so many people staring at them and forming a circle around them and that one kids keeps walking towards them.

A little ino about it

I remember the episode, it was a good one. I think they were in the IR when Mike pulled out a drawing of scooby doo instead of the architecual drawing he'd accidently switched with his kids. You may want to check with the Kings Island resort to see if they have the video... I think it said on Q TV that we sell the episode somewhere in the park, possibly emporium.

I think they were in the IR when Mike pulled out a drawing of scooby doo instead of the architecual drawing he'd accidently switched with his kids

They were in the conference room, inside the Administration building.

Wasn't it Marcia and Jan who won the Scobby Doo poster and accidently switched the tubes with Mikes tube of the Plans for the building that he designed? All the kids went around the park looking for it. I don't remember did they ever find it? I would like to know more about if anyone knows what the Partrige Family filmed at KI for. Any one know?

I think they were in the IR when Mike pulled out a drawing of scooby doo instead of the architecual drawing he'd accidently switched with his kids

Wasn't it Marcia and Jan who won the Scobby Doo poster and accidently switched the tubes with Mikes tube of the Plans for the building that he designed? All the kids went around the park looking for it. I don't remember did they ever find it? I would like to know more about if anyone knows what the Partrige Family filmed at KI for. Any one know?

It was a Yogi Bear poster not a Scooby Doo poster.

It was a Yogi Bear poster not a Scooby Doo poster.

You are correct now that I think about it. It was Yogi! Thanks for the correction.