PKI Museum

jlopez

Witht the exeception of King Cobra, I don`t think the park has any pieces of track remaining from The Bavarian Beetle, The Bat or the Screamin Deamon. Yes, I think that idea would be cool, but I really do not see the park doing anythin like that anytime soon.

Bats steel was partly re-used on rides like Vortex to save money, it worked because they were both arrow rides. Screaming Demon was sold to another park. Bavarian Beetle was too but as coaster RZ said: the king cobra track is still there but its for sale. Im sure KI still ahs some artifacts of these rides though. A museum sure would be cool! The legends museum at the Cincinnati Gardens has artifacts from all the old teams and posters from all the events that have come. Its quite cool.

Bavarian Beetle was sent to Camden park, where is was just recently scrapped. Yes, Cedar Point does have some what of a museum, but their history is also a lot longer than KI`s.

I`m sure PKI does have a lot of artifacts to past rides. There used to be a wheel carriage leftover from The Bat visble from Vortex`s platform until a couple years ago. The only part of The Bat that was reused on The Vortex were some of the access stairs for the ride.

I think a museum would be awesome. Maybe on International Street, or Oktoberfest area. Maybe it could sometime down the road be a new section of the park, like a retro area. I also think it would be neat to have, in front of some of the rides, a special sign with picture of what used to be in that spot. This would be interesting to those that had rode it, and ones that had never seen it.

I think a museum would be awesome. Maybe on International Street, or Oktoberfest area. Maybe it could sometime down the road be a new section of the park, like a retro area. I also think it would be neat to have, in front of some of the rides, a special sign with picture of what used to be in that spot. This would be interesting to those that had rode it, and ones that had never seen it.

Yeah..That is a really good idea. The history of the park is so interesting.

smile.gif Jennifer

Witht the exeception of King Cobra, I don`t think the park has any pieces of track remaining from The Bavarian Beetle, The Bat or the Screamin Deamon. Yes, I think that idea would be cool, but I really do not see the park doing anythin like that anytime soon.

For Screamin Demon, they should just come by and pick it up. I live close to the park where Sreamin Demon lives, although I heard it was SBNO on this sites timline. It has been a long time since I last went to Camden Park. The musem would be cool, cause then I could laugh at the ride my parents rode(although some look cool).

On the contrary, there are pieces of The Bat in the park, just not in a pile. The footers still exist under The Vortex, and there are even a few spots where the supports are sticking out of the ground a little bit.

^ ive seen tthe footers but where are there supports sticking out?

M@ilman pointed it out to me, so he can probably clairify a bit better, but when you're half way up The Vortex's lift hill, if you look to your right there's apparently a support sticking a foot or so out of a footer. Apparently it's near a bush and hard to see..

I saw a couple today. I think there is part of a support, bolted to a footer somewhere near the base of the supports that hold up the highest point of the lift hill. Can't remember exactly - but I saw it. It was black, and was a big circular piece of metal bolted to a slab of concrete - and wasn't connected to Vortex at all.

If you look closely you can see them - just take the time to look - they are there. tongue.gif

I think a museum would be awesome.  Maybe on International Street, or Oktoberfest area.  Maybe it could sometime down the road be a new section of the park, like a retro area.  I also think it would be neat to have, in front of some of the rides, a special sign with picture of what used to be in that spot.  This would be interesting to those that had rode it, and ones that had never seen it.

Yeah..That is a really good idea. The history of the park is so interesting.

smile.gif Jennifer

I agree. I first went to the park as a toddler in 1975 (still have pictures of it), and didn't go again until 1992. I eat up any history stuff about PKI. As you walk through some parts of the park, its like going back in time. It would be neat to highlight that aspect of the park some, as I know there are others that feel the same way.

BuddaH1994, I know there are several areas around The Vortex with remnants of The Bat. They didn`t remove the footers, they just cut the supports off, and hence why there are some areas of rusted out support left. However, I doubt that the park still has any Bat track lying around in the park somewhere still.

However, I doubt that the park still has any Bat track lying around in the park somewhere still.

Well of course they wont have track left from all the former rides, but for ridres they dont, they could just have pictures and facts, etc.

biggrin.gif Jennifer

• 1 month later...
Guest TombraiderTy

Hmmm...

THEY DO HAVE BAT TRACK LEFT!

When you walk over the bridge in the station right below you they have 2 pieces of track from The Bat just lying there.

I run a site dedicated to Rides and attractions at Kings Island from days gone by. The rides no longer exist at the famous Cincinnati Ohio theme park, but the memories do. Note: If you have any old photos of Kings Island rides and attractions that no longer exist and want to contribute to the gallery, please contact me at Robert@WaringDigital.com