PKI Museum

jlopez

Hmmm...

THEY DO HAVE BAT TRACK LEFT!

When you walk over the bridge in the station right below you they have 2 pieces of track from The Bat just lying there.

I don't think that is track from The Bat. I believe it is track from the Scooby Coaster. I could be mistaken but it sure looks like it. I will check with my friend who is in maint. He can tell me if it is.

GREAT IDEAL. So we don't have all the pieces yet, No museum does.

1. Keep intouch with the other parks on old rides that were sent out and ask them when the ride is taken down if they would send a section of cars or track to PKI.

2. Start saving rides that will be taken out, and storing them , there's room in the old buildings by the train tracks for some storage.

3. eventually when you have enough rides and memoribila start looking for sponsors to help fund the museum, La Rosa's Trauth Dairy and so on.

4. A penny save is a penny earned, start now for that some day.

For the 25th season Kings Island had a very small history museum in the Ski Lab area. It had pictures and maps from opening day to the 25th season with facts for each year. I think they did have the old Bat Sign out with lights on at night. Well the next year Ski Lab came back and the history museum was gone.

So anyone at PKI know what happend to those maps, pictures, and old signs? I bet they are still sitting around the park. unsure.gif

I think a PKI museum would be a lot of fun, but it would be even better if it had some of the history of Coney Island as well. It would definitely be interesting to know what rides were where and when they were taken out (and why), etc.

For the 25th season Kings Island had a very small history museum in the Ski Lab area. It had pictures and maps from opening day to the 25th season with facts for each year. I think they did have the old Bat Sign out with lights on at night. Well the next year Ski Lab came back and the history museum was gone.

So anyone at PKI know what happend to those maps, pictures, and old signs? I bet they are still sitting around the park. unsure.gif

I remember this. But I dont think Sky Lab ever came back, did it?

Guest TombraiderTy

Okay, I'll try to say where The Bat track is but it may be a little tough to tell in words. When you enter The Vortex line you go up a wooden stair case then over The Vortex when it is pulling into the station. You then go down another staircase, turn left, and you are in the station. When you go over the track to the left of it are 2 pieces of The Bat. You may mistake them for Vortex tracks (the first time I saw them I did) but they are actually from The Bat. By the way, did they take your picture on The Bat?

By the way, did they take your picture on The Bat?

The pictures on rides did not come till the 1990's so The Bat was long gone by then. I have not rode The Bat I was in line when it broke down and they could not stop the coaster. blink.gif