Things you miss ?

jlopez

I miss the following: in order of importance:

1. PHANTOM THEATER

2. The Hanna-Barbera characters at the front gate and elsewhere in the park.

3. Graveyard Shift - it was the best show I ever saw at PKI.

4. The LIVE Scooby Doo shows.

5. The Star Trek characters - wouldn't they fit in great with "The best of Hollywood entertainment now playing"

6. 007 at the FX Theater.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5. The Star Trek characters - wouldn't they fit in great with "The best of Hollywood entertainment now playing"

Italian Chef

chef.gif

I agree Chef, that would be awsome if they would bring them back. I remeber them as a kid. I was about 7 years old the last time they had them I think. When did they get rid of them ?

biggrin.gif Jennifer

I miss some of the things that are now missing that I felt really added to the atmosphere of the park. I hope someone else remembers some of these things. They were small, but I really felt they were important:

I miss the arbor tunnel that used to connect Rivertown to Hanna Barbera Land. A small portion of it remains as a shady place to eat, but the original was much longer, had benches along the length of it, and had lights at the top that really seemed magical at night when you walked through it. I really can not figure out why they removed it. (Does anyone know?)

I miss the lights that used to line the edges of the roofs on International Street. (Why did they remove them?)

I miss when the fireworks at Kings Island were more strongly stressed and a big deal. (Few seem to care these days, and you can not even see them from International Street anymore...)

I miss the bridge that was across the lake.

I miss the Dolphin show and Wild Animal Safari.

I also miss being able to walk up to the lower platform on the Eiffel Tower.

I miss some of the cool shops they had on International Street that sold craft items or stuff from other countries.

I miss some of the other little landscaping details that were once a part of the park.

I miss when the train was themed and was more than a simple way to get to the waterpark.

And even though the original post said no ride, I miss the original Enchanted Voyage from the 70's and that music they played on it which stuck in your head all day. I also miss the sky ride.

I haven't ridden the train in a while, but it used to have a scene you passed where Indians were attacking and there was a gun fight (all statues). It was kind of neat and made the train ride kind of exciting.

It also had a Shotgun Wedding scene, a Beaver knawing down tree that fell, it had a Bear in the woods, and some other things. I can't remember what all it had. If I can find my pictures I will put them on the web and everyone can see what it used to be like.

I MISS GULLIVERS RUBA TUB!

I miss the arbor tunnel that used to connect Rivertown to Hanna Barbera Land. A small portion of it remains as a shady place to eat, but the original was much longer, had benches along the length of it, and had lights at the top that really seemed magical at night when you walked through it. I really can not figure out why they removed it. (Does anyone know?)

Where exactly was this located ?

I miss the arbor tunnel that used to connect Rivertown to Hanna Barbera Land.  A small portion of it remains as a shady place to eat, but the original was much longer, had benches along the length of it, and had lights at the top that really seemed magical at night when you walked through it.  I really can not figure out why they removed it.  (Does anyone know?)

Where exactly was this located ?

To try to answer all of your questions:

It was located on the midway between HBL and RT. It was probably 50 or so feet long and was a great shaded area. A small portion of it is now located behind Migilla Gorilla's Grill. (Do I have that right?)

Likely they removed it just for the sake of a facelift. Since PKI seems to like the layout they have and not really expand, things have to be removed in order to make way for new things... sounds like almost too simple of an answer, but it's very logical.