Lets take out Paramount Story.

PKI Foodguy

I'm not sure how peaceful the Paramount Story is going to remain, what with a new attraction featuring police sirens, helicopters and machine guns going in nearby.

lol, Yeah, I think IJST is going to be fun to watch now that I think about it.

cool.gif Jennifer

It would be nice to keep the Paramount story and maybe add to it and definitely add a addition on to it of Kings Island HISTORY. That would be great!

With photos of old rides etc. enclosed to protect from the weather.

But even with the sirens from IJST its still a great asset to PKI.

It would be nice to keep the Paramount story and maybe add to it and definitely add a addition on to it of Kings Island HISTORY. That would be great!

With photos of old rides etc. enclosed to protect from the weather.

But even with the sirens from IJST its still a great asset to PKI.

I don't think that's a bad idea at all, taking out the Paramount props and putting in some old PKI rides, news clippings and even signs. First off, while I enjoy a nice stroll through The Paramount Story, it is in dire need of updating. Second, who really comes to a theme park and thinks 'man, what movies did Paramount make'? I think most people just care if a movie's good. . . they don't care what studio made it!

But putting in some old park relics would be in keeping with PKI's history of being a family park. It bridges the old days with the new. Parents can take their kids and say "I remember this ride." CP has a nice little museum there that attracts some nice traffic, especially on hot days.

Of course, the problem is that PKI probably does not have a lot of the older rides. While I'm sure you could get an Antique Car, some props from Phantom Theatre and maybe a boat from the Keelboats, most of the other stuff is probably gone. I heard the Smurfs were sold, the monorail cars are gone and I serioiusly doubt they have anything left from The Bat or Der Spinning Keggers aside from newsclippings.

But still, we can dream. . .

And THAT'S why it's not a stupid idea. jerry.gif

Well seeing as how there is not a lot of room in the Paramount Story to begin with, I thing they would only need a couple of actual artifacts from rides. For the rest, newclippings and pictures sould suffice. It would definantly be a good way for parents to pass on their memories to their children. Maybe even have some clippings involving how Kings Island grew out of Coney Island.

At Coney there is the Museum Shop, by where the passes and employee IDs are processed (by the live show stage). In that store they have tones of old pictures and such from Coney`s glory days. Quite a few people will stroll in there on any given day.

But that there in lies the problem. If they were to put in a flat ride, it woould loose its sense of beauty and shade. I do think that if they made a new area similar to this with a flowing creek and water fall with rides sprinkled around it, it couold be a wonderful setting for rides.

But that there in lies the problem. If they were to put in a flat ride, it woould loose its sense of beauty and shade. I do think that if they made a new area similar to this with a flowing creek and water fall with rides sprinkled around it, it couold be a wonderful setting for rides.

The flats could always be a reasonable distance off the midways. Granted, you'll get a fair amount of noise from them, but trees would deter the noise.

Sorry for my stupidty, but what is Paramount Story? I have never heard of it before. I just now found it on a map of PKI we have.

Paramount Story is a small park-like area back behind the Caroussel that basically is a walk-through history of Parmount Pictures. It's a quiet, peaceful place away from the noise and business of the rest of the park. Look for the big gates...