Eiffel Tower / Vortex

Outdoor Man

Yes, when the sun is setting or rising, The Vortex`s orange track ccan often look like shades of yellow, as was discussed in annother thread in relation to one of the pictures of The Vortex. Yes, the Eiffel Tower is getting a paint job this season (as well as Face Off) but the Tower`s will not quite be ready for opening day due to the cold and then rainy weather we have had this winter and spring. Also, in the season pass email newsletter, the park mentioned that "Top Gun, Face/Off, and the Eiffel Tower will experience a Hollywood makeover..." Not sure what sort of Hollywood makeover they have planned for Top Gun. A return of the msit below the tracks? A restoration of the theming below the station perhaps?

" Not sure what sort of Hollywood makeover they have planned for Top Gun. A return of the msit below the tracks? A restoration of the theming below the station perhaps?

So are they gonna change the line? I kinda like it. I feel like I'm waking through the movie. O well, it'll be good I figure.

Yeah this has been discussed already.........Vortex didnt get a new paint job, Eifel tower is being re-painted the same color as well as face off is being painted the same color. Did anyone who went to the park this past weekend notice what was made over on TG? Ive been in Texas all week and couldnt go. They really need to re-open the aircraft carrier line effects. It is a "theme park"

Also, in the season pass email newsletter, the park mentioned that "Top Gun, Face/Off, and the Eiffel Tower will experience a Hollywood makeover..."  Not sure what sort of Hollywood makeover they have planned for Top Gun.  A return of the msit below the tracks?  A restoration of the theming below the station perhaps?

Yeah, I read this too.

I just hope that PKI's PR/hype machine hasn't gotten so out of hand that a repaint job now classifies as a "Hollywood makeover." <G>

Sorry...I really don't mean to sound cynical. But, I guess I'm still a little bitter about all the "lush, tropical vegitation" that inhabits CDBB biggrin.gif

The Vortex defently needed a paint job. it was how old before it got one????

Top Gun was a dissapointment to me... i thought the coolest part was walking thru the line... Then i went to Cedar Point a few years ago and rode what is highly similar to it. Although longer, it was much slower, and was boring. So now i restate what i once thought...

Top Gun ownz. it's like a mini bat.