Winterfest returns!

Skippy

"My wife just noticed on the back of our season passes for PKI. Fees for food, merchandise, games, pay per experience attractions, special events, concerts, and Winterfest are not included. Also this pass is not valid on events requiring a special admission fee such as Winterfest. So it sounds as if winterfest is definatly coming back. Sorry if this is old news, but it's new to me."

-coastertigger, Coasterbuzz.com

Can anyone confirm this?

While I can not confirm this, I am glad that the park most likely will be returning Winterfest this season. Although, I will be bummed that it won`t be included with season passes! Hopefully they will offer at least a discount to pass holders though. It will be interesting to finally hear all the details!

Ok, there is nothing on the park maps about Winterfest. Secondly, the person that read the thing about Winterfest on the back of their season pass got it processed today I believe. I got my pass processed last fall and it says nothing about Winterfest. Since I haven`t seen the back of a pass that has been processed this year, I don`t know if it is there or not.

Yes, I actually thought of Winterfest today because it was so cold and windy. If the park does do Winterfest, hopefully they will have a larger turnout than what they had today, LOL.

I am looking at the back of a pass right now and see nothing.  Someone read something wrong I think.

it might be on passes just processed.

LOL you just read my mind. I was going to post that. I was thinking that maybe on the new passes just processed it may have this new statement. When did you guys get your passes?

ok if winterfest is making a comeback, wont they need to shorten fearfest? the calendar on pki.com says that fearfest is being extended to friday nights from 5-12. im just thinking they would need to shorten fearfest so they could have winterfest, u kno?

ok if winterfest is making a comeback, wont they need to shorten fearfest? the calendar on pki.com says that fearfest is being extended to friday nights from 5-12. im just thinking they would need to shorten fearfest so they could have winterfest, u kno?

Not at all. Fearfest ends in October.

CoastersRZ:

It all depends what the park has in store for Winterfest.

And how fast they can get the park transformed from Halloween to Christmas.

About as fast as we get it transformed from regular operation to Fear Fest. Normally this takes a couple of weeks, but I would imagine that the week after Fear Fest ends will be used to remove the Halloween stuff and place a bulk of the attractions for Winterfest. Things such as Christmas lights will most likely be put up throughout the month of October, for those aren't as noticeable and can simply be left off until Winterfest starts.

About as fast as we get it transformed from regular operation to Fear Fest. Normally this takes a couple of weeks, but I would imagine that the week after Fear Fest ends will be used to remove the Halloween stuff and place a bulk of the attractions for Winterfest

I'm not sure you should be saying "we" in your statement. I think that you obviously have nothing to do with the install of FearFest....or else you would know that it takes a lot longer than a few weeks to put up. We (yes I can say that...I'm part of the group who does all of it) take a couple of months to get FearFest up and running....we usually start in August getting things ready. You just don't see it all.....and trust me "if" winterfest was to return we would be getting ready for that starting early as well. Plus keep in mind that the Coney Mall area of the park was traditionally not open during Winterfest...and we could easily keep FearFest up until we were finished with Winterfest install.

I hope they do not charge as much for Winterfest as they do for Fearfest. For one the rides are still open for Fearfest. I am trying to remember back to the last Winterfest and other than ice skating and some shows what else was there to do? I do have some ornaments I made there when I was a kid.

I'm not sure you should be saying "we" in your statement. I think that you obviously have nothing to do with the install of FearFest....or else you would know that it takes a lot longer than a few weeks to put up. We (yes I can say that...I'm part of the group who does all of it) take a couple of months to get FearFest up and running....we usually start in August getting things ready. You just don't see it all.....

Whoa, take it easy there, percolator. I was wrong and I'll step forward and admit be the first to admit that. Obviously, more goes on over the surface than I realize.

As for referring to "we," I'm sorry, but I was under the impression that "we" work at Kings Island. I'll be sure in the future to segregate myself from the rest of you and not comment or guess on matters I know nothing about.

And how fast they can get the park transformed from Halloween to Christmas.

It would take quite some considerable time to transform some of the departments for Winterfest. I'm sure Merchandise would be putting in long hours changing their product lines to accomodate the winter season over the summer season. If Winterfest does come back I'd feel sorry for the poor souls that would have to bust a move to get things in order quickly and beautifully. Good thing I'll be cooping through the holiday season.

FearFest is on Friday from 5pm-12am, and then on Saturday from 10am-12am. There is no FearFest on Sunday this year

I like that much better... I only got to go to Fearfest 3 or 4 times this year because Saturdays and Sundays are really inconvenient for me...

• 1 month later...

Thay just sent me a survey.Greetings from Paramount Parks and Paramount's Kings Island! We are presently conducting a relatively brief survey about a new holiday event we're considering for either 2005 or 2006 and we'd very much appreciate if you could take a few minutes to participate. The survey will help us to determine when and if the new event is introduced.