Defunct Rides

RailRider

Guest faceoff

I believe Cedar Point has ride similar to kenton keelboat canal. The ride is

white water landing. They used to a cave that when you entered water came

down and soaked all riders. Very cool. rolleyes.gif

Eagels and tiques are dead let it be, most people still remember what it was like to ride those 2 rides, and they were boring laugh.gif However most dont remember the last time they rode some of the other rides like PT or KC, etc.

KC gets my vote. I would rather have TRTR than that keel boat canal thingy

The Antique Cars, as I mentioned in another post that you replied to, are currently parks between The Racer and the Zephyr (Swings), where the floats for the Nick Parade were stored last season. The cars currently have blue tarps over them to protect them from the elements, which means the park probably plans to use them for something in the future.

^grammar!

ok, i havent ridden tiques or earlier, so I go with Eagles, since again, it was the only defunt PKI ride i have ever ridden!

my defunct list includes Eagles, Banshee, Chaos, Screamin Delta Demon, Little Rock'n'RollerCoaster, Old Mill Scream, OprySkyRide

thats all, most of those ar OpryLandUSA rides.

I miss kIng Cobra the most but I also mis KCKC and the tiques+eagles. They shouldve kept, KCKC, KC, Tiques, and Eagles then torn out Timber wolf and put TRTR and IJST over there (because they fit in with Action Zone) plus Delerium there. Timberwolf isnt needed and is an awful venue.

I dont think theyd re-name SOB but antoher woodie would be cool, but I think from now on most rides that come in are gonna carry a paramount theme. Weird Al is fantastic! but he could play at First Star Center or something. Timber wolf is in the way because it does not get used as much and many people do not like it for its bad seating arrangement.

I'd hope they remove it soon. I've never been to an event there, but I've never heard good things...and I'm not surprised, either. I'd hate to be trying to enjoy some form of live entertainment with people screaming on Drop Zone right behind me. The action rides that are so close to TW would take away from the experience. (Or do they close the rides when there are concerts? Like I said, I've never been around when concerts/events were going on in Timberwolf)

Point is: Back when it was the Wild Animal Habitat, Timberwolf fit it. Now it doesn't. Take it down and give us some more thrills in Action Zone. biggrin.gif

Actually the rides dont really interfeer with how loud the music is, the people around you trying to stand on their seats and annyoing the others behind them and everyoen argyuing because of the bad view is what takes away from the experience. The only real ride interference in the loud noise SOB makes when it crests over the lift hill but like I said you cant really hear it over the music

I'm only 22, and so I don't remember half of the rides on this list. I vaguely remember the monorail, though and also remember the Smurfs boat ride (was one of my favorite rides as a kid). The other rides I miss are King Cobra and also the old Witch's Cauldren ride (whatever that was called - the big spinning teacup type thing). As far as storage - I read on one site that the King Cobra is stored over by The Racer someplace, but I don't know if that's true or not. The Eagles ride got sent to the Paramount park in North Carolina, and the Monorail is now part of the ever-expanding tourist trap known as Jungle Jim's International Farmer's Market in Fairfield, Ohio (http://www.junglejims.com for those who aren't familiar with the place).

King Cobra track is stored in two locations but it is not useable, for one its very corroded and rusted with holes in the rails and such, and several places, the track wasnt even unbolted, it was just cut with a torch to separate. Ever since Togo went out of business it was near impossible to get anypart for it so a lot of it was makeshift.