Defunct Rides

RailRider

Yeah... Whatever happened to all the Hanna Barbera characters? The only one I ever see anymore is Scooby Doo, and that's just a meet-and-greet type thing. I haven't seen characters roaming the park in several years...

Also, I seem to remember some sort of a rainbow at the entrance to HB... whatever happened to that?

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah the only thing you will see at PKI thats smurfy is the smurf ice cream that was popular in 80's...with the new smurf cartoon and movie in the development stages Iam sure it wont be long until we start seeing smurf plushs at the pay-as-you play-games at PKI.

Guest TombraiderTy

Speaking of what ever happened about the rainbow arch, whatever happened to the new arch? Fred and Yogi are just standing there now with their arms up!

• 4 weeks later...

I also miss both the Enchanted Voyage and the Smurf Ride (yes, I know that one was built on the ruins of the other.) My memory is a little fuzzy, but didn't there also used to be a neat little HB Character fountain where you could control the water flow to make it do different things? I think I'm also the only person to have missed Yogi's Cave at PKD. I was also very sad when they removed the sky buckets from the parks. I first said "I love you" to my future wife on the buckets at PKD. Sigh.

I just miss dark rides in general. They were about the experience, not the thrill. At least WDW still has some great dark rides. I haven't been to the park since the Scooby dark ride was installed, but I hear that it's a cheapo retrofit of the Phantom Theater. I guess I'll find out when I go next week.