IJST Launches Into Public View!

For those of you who were unable to be at the park today, they were testing the Italian Job Stunt Track! Of course, PKIC staff member Bill Ware was on hand to bring you some EXCLUSIVE footage of IJST launching and traveling through its course for the first time in front of the general public! Click here to see this great video!

Also, he has been so kind as to let you guys in on what the park looks like with its new additions. Click here to see some IJST photos, as well as photos from Happy Days Diner, Graeter's, and the Starbucks construction!

God speed to you all!

Ryan

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, PKIC staff member Bill Ware was on hand to bring you some EXCLUSIVE footage of IJST launching and traveling through its course for the first time in front of the general public!

Hmmm - this implies that you are the only site to get video of the launch - a most incorrect assumption! rolleyes.gif

It was wierd - it kept acting like it would rollback on the top of the helix, but it always just barely made it over.

It looks like it goes too slow for it to be fun. I was looking forward to this ride ever since I saw it at the IJST tour, but now I am not that excited. More dissappointed. I won't make a final judgement until I ride it to be fair. Pyrotechnics will only attract people for a little while.

Someone please tell me that is not the actual end speed of the ride? That has to be just a test speed and they will increase it. I was so pumped up about this ride but after watching the video it seems as though it’s nothing more than a family coaster like Adventure Express. I left yesterday around 3:30..what time did they start testing?

Okay we get a really nice looking themed coaster, and still everyone complains. They told us that IJ would be a family coaster, not a high speed thrill ride. Why don't everyone just quit complaining and just wait until you ride before you make your opinions on the ride. It may not look like much watching the testing, but when your actually on the ride, it may be a whole new experience.

Of course, PKIC staff member Bill Ware was on hand to bring you some EXCLUSIVE footage of IJST launching and traveling through its course for the first time in front of the general public!

Hmmm - this implies that you are the only site to get video of the launch - a most incorrect assumption! rolleyes.gif

It was wierd - it kept acting like it would rollback on the top of the helix, but it always just barely made it over. Like Bill said - the whole ride seems uneventful - especially when it comes out of the billboard.

Nope, but the only site that people care about that has it. BURN!!

PKICentral Sucks

Ryan

Easy trigger, I was just making a comment. I thought it was going to be a little faster. It barely makes it through the course. I was "asking" if this was going to be the actual speed or just a test speed for now. Still loving the ride. Again what time were they testing the ride?

Easy trigger, I was just making a comment. I thought it was going to be a little faster. It barely makes it through the course. I was "asking" if this was going to be the actual speed or just a test speed for now. Still loving the ride. Again what time were they testing the ride?

I think they tested it around 3. There were also sleighted to test it Saturday at 3, but for obvious reasons, they didn't.

Don't knock the slow speeds just yet, sometimes just barely making it over a hill gives you a neat sensation.

I think they tested it around 3. There were also sleighted to test it Saturday at 3, but for obvious reasons, they didn't.

Don't knock the slow speeds just yet, sometimes just barely making it over a hill gives you a neat sensation.

What ride have you been riding that you like it to go slowly over a hill? There is no chance in hell of any air time.

I am sure that the speeds are still being adjusted. You don't want this coaster to go so fast that you miss all of the cool theming. Maybe you guys need a reminder of one fact; IJ:ST top speed is 40mph (20mph slower than FOF). It is not going to be that fast. I thought that we all understood this.

There's a video of it over at coasterbuzz, but this one is much better.

I like the new Happy Days Diner.

"hes porbably a disgrntled former employee" "just for that hes going on the web" hahahahahaha hes no former employee in fact he wokrs on Beast and is quite a fantastic ride op. Do you really think he cares about being put on the internet? Hahahah no hes going to love it! This is the guy who tried to put himself on hotornot.com naked.

Exactly, dont knock the slow speeds until you ride it. Look at Top Thrill Dragster and how slow it crests the top hat. It may be 400+ft in the air and 120mph, but it creeps over the top hat. Think about the first time you saw that ride in person. Gurantee you thought you were going to see a roll back, but it is designed to go slow over the top and it also gives one incredible feeling goin that slow over the top. So dont knock the slowness at the top of the parking garge until you experience it.

It goes faster than I thought it would. It didn't appear to ever look like it was going to rollback to me either. It really moves through the police cars too, and has some nice speed going into the overbanked turn and the turn going into the subway tunnel(I hope they are going to close that tunnel's sides off completely). Watching it was pretty neat. The helicopter scene doesn't have the train fully stopped for more than a few seconds, and the launch it has isn't very fast, just enough to get you going it appears. I didn't notice the fishtailing of the cars, I hope they didn't nix that idea. I will say this, it's incredibly short. I doubt its lack of 3 trains will hurt it too much. It looks like alot of fun though. I was hoping they would have cool lighting for the ride, but it appears to be very standard, with some street lamps and for the warehouse flood lights. The warehouse has alot of props though, it looked neat from the angle I saw. More are sitting by the Antique Cars over by Racer too. Should be fun when it's done.

I think the reason it looked was short was because they werent testing the effects, jsut the launches. Probably as soon as the car was in place the cars were launched, theres no point in wasting time sitting there if they arent going to test teh effects.

No, the reason it looks short is because it IS short :-) The way it was operating yesterday is most likely the way it will with the effects, with some minor tweaking I'm sure. If you were expecting some 30 second show at the helicopter, guess again. I believe Jeff mentioned at the January tour that the whole scene only lasts for around 10 seconds....which is fairly close to how it was cycling yesterday. It'll be a fun ride, no doubt. On par with Adventure Express is what I am expecting. Like someone else said, I thought everyone understood this has never been intended as a thrill ride? Its a show coaster, no way around it.....the effects are going to make the ride.

- Todd, who saw the train of 3 red cars roll back during two train testing