IJST Launches Into Public View!

^So do you feel the ride will be fun or not? I mean it does look really short but in the video I saw Jeff claimed it was close to 2 minutes, but I don't see how that's possible. Oh well, to me it looks like it will better then an Adventure Express but not like an extreme thrill ride or anything which we knew it wouldn't be. I don't think the speed is bad at all I mean going through the police cars it looks like its whipping around pretty fast the only slow part is the top of the helix. My only disappointment is I though it would be at least another 20 seconds long.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They still have more work to be done, think about it (it comes close to rolling back without people). I'm still looking forward to more landscaping biggrin.gif BTW, nice pics and vid (I like the new entrance sign and Greaters looks great, welcome Starbucks!)

Exactly, dont knock the slow speeds until you ride it. Look at Top Thrill Dragster and how slow it crests the top hat. It may be 400+ft in the air and 120mph, but it creeps over the top hat. Think about the first time you saw that ride in person. Gurantee you thought you were going to see a roll back, but it is designed to go slow over the top and it also gives one incredible feeling goin that slow over the top. So dont knock the slowness at the top of the parking garge until you experience it.

Dude, you are still going 20 or so mph over the tophat, the top hat is rounded alot, if you were going any faster it would put to much stress on the train and track, and the human body could not stand the g's.

The video was not the the best. I hate those videos off of digital cameras. Whats up the the kid that said PKIC sucks? cowboy.gif

ummm, the video was not from a digital camera. It looks that way because I wanted to make it more dial up friendly.

Don't get me started on the "pkicentral sucks" kid.

Exactly, dont knock the slow speeds until you ride it.  Look at Top Thrill Dragster and how slow it crests the top hat.  It may be 400+ft in the air and 120mph, but it creeps over the top hat.  Think about the first time you saw that ride in person.  Gurantee you thought you were going to see a roll back, but it is designed to go slow over the top and it also gives one incredible feeling goin that slow over the top.  So dont knock the slowness at the top of the parking garge until you experience it.

Lol I bet you didnt know that Top Thrill Dragster didnt make it all the way over the hill and went back down close to loading station. (2 times) But now they got that fix with little boosters on the top And before you say im a lier ,Im not ,do you think CP would tell the public that it didnt make it over two times ohmy.gif I use to work at CP

For all of you that are like ''was any one on it'' No it happen during test twice in a row. But one time a guest was siting in the front seat and lauch string came off and hit him in the chest and it look like a wipe went across his chest. One time the front wheels came off ( also during testing) and thats about it.

Exactly, dont knock the slow speeds until you ride it.  Look at Top Thrill Dragster and how slow it crests the top hat.  It may be 400+ft in the air and 120mph, but it creeps over the top hat.  Think about the first time you saw that ride in person.  Gurantee you thought you were going to see a roll back, but it is designed to go slow over the top and it also gives one incredible feeling goin that slow over the top.  So dont knock the slowness at the top of the parking garge until you experience it.

Lol I bet you didnt know that Top Thrill Dragster didnt make it all the way over the hill and went back down close to loading station. (2 times) But now they got that fix with little boosters on the top And before you say im a lier ,Im not ,do you think CP would tell the public that it didnt make it over two times ohmy.gif I use to work at CP

Actually, they would. In 2003, the Discovery Channel filmed a segment on Tomb Raider The Ride, and when they aired it, it was on the same show that featured CP's TTD.

A big part of the segment was talking about the rare but fun occurances of the ellusive "roll backs". So CP played if off as though they were natural and not a big deal. I'm willing to say that qualifies.

Oh it has happened much more than 2 times! I even have it on video rolling back. The crowd reaction from the stands when it rolled back was something else. Like they couldnt believe it! Then after a couple of trys, it finally makes it and the whole crowd goes nuts! A very cool moment indeed!

I thought it was going to be a little faster. It barely makes it through the course. I was "asking" if this was going to be the actual speed or just a test speed for now.

---

ok, look people, this is just physics...

---

get off my back TRTRGuy...

---

ok, Momentum (p) is defined as Mass*Velocity, say IJST MiniCoopers are mass (M) and the total mass of all riders is (m) therefore the total of the train is (M+m).

with any mass, the train will be launched at the same speed, but have differing momenta. thus, (p) will be different, the ride will seem to go faster, however it is the same, but the increase in momentum will cause it to glide over the top, and not do a faux-rollback!

---

Now if you wanted it to still do the faux rollback for added thrills, the acceleration of the launch track would have to be a tad smaller, then the momenta would be near the same.

---

My Guess, the ride will "go faster" though it will be at the same velocity.

Think once more, Most Coasters still go a bit faster with added masses, and since its not so extremely fast, the ride itself is incredibly heavy, for example, The Beasts train is a few tons, so with a small increase in mass, this causes the train to go a bit faster (or feel like it)

This is easier for me to demonstrate with the Zamperla Family Coaster, i have seen the ride dispatch with sandbags in 2002 due to the ride not having enough mass to crest the helix, and since the ride would go really fast if they loosened the wheels a bit, the ride would not make it over the helix without the added mass (m_c) so therefore the train was mass (M+m_c) and with riders, (M+m_r) where (m_r) is the total mass of riders.

---

oh yeah, and if you want the train to go even faster, try to have the center of mass be toward the rear of the train! if there are empty cars on it, try to have them be up front, if there is more mass in the back, then the train's "center" will be forced downward on the inclines for a longer span of time, try a wooden coaster like beastie some time, run it without riders, then with a totally loaded train of kids, then totally loaded with adults, now do a 1/2 and1/2 balance then do a kids in front parents in back, then do opposite, then do only adults in all of back, front empty, then reverse it, the times for arrival of the train will be different, the train will also dispatch faster with added mass.

---

Hooray for Physics!!

---

Look at Top Thrill Dragster and how slow it crests the top hat. It may be 400+ft in the air and 120mph, but it creeps over the top hat. Think about the first time you saw that ride in person. Gurantee you thought you were going to see a roll back.

Actually TTD did roll back the very first time I saw it. But it was cool because a bunch of people got out of line and I didn't have to wait as long rolleyes.gif

But the vector in the helix goes down! laugh.gif

Actually I'm sure the right hand rule has nothing to do with that, since it's not rotating. unsure.gif

---

The right hand role applys to Clockwise motion

the helix does not have a vector like that, the vector does not rotate, but the wheels do... the vector is to the left while riding...

Um, Bobby, get off my back, people ask, i demonstrate, lecture even...

Its all good, and im pretty sure im doing a descent job at it!

Rollbacks are very common,

for me to get to PKI i have to pass Holiday World, you can see the Howler Roller coaster from the Road, and it has valleyed, meaning there was not enough Momentum to get it over that hill, either the wheels are too tight, or there is simply not enough mass to get it over, either way, it should be operating just fine for the season... as much as i know everyone visits other parks for kiddy coasters! ha ha! no dis to Howler Rider wink.gif

For everyone else, pick up a physics book and read it, you can find out some really cool stuff!! Roller Coasters and Amusement rides are in it, including a ride that looks identical to Zephyr... to post later... laugh.gif

Top Thrill Dragster rolls back all of the time. I have had two roll backs since it has opened. Also, there are not little boosters at the top of the hill to help it get over the top hat. CP doesn't try to cover up the fact that TTD rolls back you idiot.

Plus, CP has only had one accident were guests were injured on TTD, and it was all over the news.

What do they do when a coaster valleys like Legend Rider mentioned? I guess if it was low to the ground they could just push it back to the station but what if a coaster like Vortex didnt make it through the loops and was stuck in between the two loops (although that probably owuldnt happen unless it hit a massive flock of suicidal geese). Do they just take the cars off?

What do they do when a coaster valleys like Legend Rider mentioned? I guess if it was low to the ground they could just push it back to the station but what if a coaster like Vortex didnt make it through the loops and was stuck in between the two loops (although that probably owuldnt happen unless it hit a massive flock of suicidal geese). Do they just take the cars off?

It is my understanding that, if the train rolls back in a convenient location, they just more or less push/pull it to get it in motion, but if it's in a difficult spot, they sometimes have to remove a section of track to get the train off.

depends on the situation. i remember last year one of the face-off trains had gotten stuck on the second incline after the third inversion, but i guess that doesnt count as a difficult spot.

i think the trains crawl over the hill at the top of the garage just to give the guests in the front seat a glimpse of what they'll be going through before dropping. i thought i saw the cars fishtail through the first police car, then again maybe it was just me.

with the ride being less than two minutes, they'll be moving people real fast, even if they only have two trains. i still cant wait to see the helicopter scene, though. that ought to b real nice.

stupid.gif

It is my understanding that, if the train rolls back in a convenient location, they just more or less push/pull it to get it in motion, but if it's in a difficult spot, they sometimes have to remove a section of track to get the train off.

Ok, here is what happens, im sure every one has noticed the "rollback" clickers on The Racer or The Beast right?

they look like a lift segment, but have no chain, they catch the chaindogs and if the ride is not fast enough to make it over, then it stops on it, The Legend has 2 of these, one on top of the Spiral Drop, and one on the Double-up crest. if the train stops there, then it is very simple to wench it over the top, then it catches the next one and so on, after the double up, it goes fast enough to make it to the station once again.

hmm... as far as what happens if it is in a difficult spot, they do remove track, but this is more common of a problem to wooden coasters for Example: Twisted Twins at SFKK, Lola valleyed midcourse, and she had to be lifted off, they take a portion of the track off, and take the train apart, then they lift a car off, then the next, and so on until its off, so really its not that difficult, but it is strenuous, and not a very good thing to happen, with the kiddy coaster i referred to... The Howler, it is simply pushed to the station, it doesnt take too much to get it to the right spot. at least it doesn't look that way.

I think this coaster does it a bit, but then again, its the Screamer from Casey's Fair in Utica KY, so its basically Crap.

ha ha ha...

user posted image

Edit: This is me, Legend Rider, in the glasses, and Howler Rider on the Screamer!!

Edited by Legend Rider

See: Deja Vu laugh.gif

I think that when IJ:ST is fully loaded it will complete the course even faster(actually I know it will, as we've already learned...physics!) I for one am still excited to try this ride out! smile.gif