IJST Launches Into Public View!

This ride still looks like crap, go to Islands Of Adventure and ride the Incredible Hulk a real themed coaster.

I will have to disagree with you on that my good sir! The Italian Job looks awsome and will be pretty decent, NOT CRAP, and it's unfair to compair the Italian Job to one of the greatest coasters of all time wink.gif

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it is good to see Coasterguy back, I too must say you cannot compare those two rides really. Universal is always going to have the better rides. Why is that? They have more money, TONS more money. That means of course they can build bigger and better stuff. US:IoA has a large advantage on us there.

Hulk a themed coaster? Are you kidding me? It had some queue line tv's and some painted walls, and one tunnel with strobe lights in it, and it's classified as more theming than IJST? Seriously guys, while I can't say much for Universal Studios since I haven't been there since I was little and didn't really ride anything then, I can say that when I went to IOA 2 weeks ago I was dissapointed. It was like PKI with a few extra bucks and at many times a severe lack of imagination. The same things that trouble some of PKI's rides like TRTR(lack of ceilings)were problems I noticed with Universal's "superior" theming. Many attractions paled in comparison to TRTR's line and preshow actually. I found alot of it to be pathetic considering all the hype they have. I'm sure alot of you are IOA fans, and I had a good time that day, I'm just saying that I find it to not be lightyears ahead of PKI like many of you do. Because frankly, they really aren't. Even Spider-Man had a run of the mill queue line. And many rides were just crap, like Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls. That theming blew it big time. IJST would fit in just fine at Universal, or atleast IOA. I really don't see everything that everyone else I've spoken to saw. I saw alot of incomplete theming or bad theming altogether. Or lack of creativity or going the extra mile. While IOA was good, you can't go around saying how much better things like the Hulk are theming wise over IJST when the Hulk didn't really have that much theming to begin with. IOA could easily be outdone, even with PKI's budget. More things like Tomb Raider could bring PKI to that level and beyond. And I hope they continue to go that route.

PS I did enjoy my time at IOA and thought it was a great park, it was just that we visited all the Disney parks prior to that, and IOA just wasn't that quality and didn't have that magic quality Disney does. So IOA just sort of let me down after everything I had heard about it.

laugh.gif Tomb Raider being superior to anything at Ioa is hilarious. Tomb Raider has the crappiest theme job, Scooby is more detailed than it. I like the pictures and video but I still say Italian Job is crap and IOA would never disgrace themselves by putting in the two bit ride.

Its the best themed coaster for a park that is only for a season and not a year. If you think about it Kings Island would spend more money on rides if they could be open all year, but its only open for a short season each year. Why in the world would you build a Disney type ride with theme at Kings Island to be open for 7 months. cowboy.gif

It's still a piece of crap. If Kings Island wanted to put in a well themed ride, they should have gone all the way with it, rather than just half-assed. You PKI lovers need to get out of this "tunnel" vision-sense and high hopes you have for Italian Job JUST because it's a new coaster at your home park. Just admit it, you know it's going to suck- the thing has nearly rolled back on several track sections because its so slow! If you think bilboards and a few police cars imported from LA- (not to mention a crappy helicopter that doesnt even look real) looks fun, then you guys need to get out of Cincinnatti and experience some real attractions. Sorry if I insulted your oh-so-amazing craphole of a park.

It's still a piece of crap. If Kings Island wanted to put in a well themed ride, they should have gone all the way with it, rather than just half-assed. You PKI lovers need to get out of this "tunnel" vision-sense and high hopes you have for Italian Job JUST because it's a new coaster at your home park. Just admit it, you know it's going to suck- the thing has nearly rolled back on several track sections because its so slow! If you think bilboards and a few police cars imported from LA- (not to mention a crappy helicopter that doesnt even look real) looks fun, then you guys need to get out of Cincinnatti and experience some real attractions. Sorry if I insulted your oh-so-amazing craphole of a park.

then why dont u get out of cincinnati and go experience some real attractions yourself? censored.gif

they managed to test IJ:ST again today, and this time we got 2 c a little bit of pyrotechnic action going on. The helicopter sounds are fantastic, and they finally detailed the cars a lot better than before. All they have to do is fix up their queue lines and they're pretty much done. the line is actually right next to the billboard crash scene instead of where seibert said it would be on the tour from a while back. biggrin.gif

exactly what r u xpecting from this, buckeye? some state-of-the-art, 90 mph scream ride with massive loops? y dont u just go up 2 Cedar Point. if u have ridden Adventure Express before, it will feel faster than it actually looks. give it a chance and you'll c what we mean. jerry.gif

Buckeye, if you hate PKI so much then why do you bother signing up for and then posting on a PKI fansite. If you really hate PKI that much, and I have no problem if you do, why waste your time on a fansite of the "oh so amazing crap hole of a park." Are you that insecure that you have to get on a fansite and make fun of the park just to make yourself feel better. I have no problem if you hate PKI or IJ:ST, I also personally think the money towards IJ:ST could have been much better spent but I think PKI is cool and thats why I post on a PKI fansite. And I guess I need to get out of Cincinnatti considering I live in Columbus. I think what really needs to happen is you need to get off your computer and get out of your house and experience something called a life.

I'm sorry but can someone please explain to me why my posts just keep disappearing? Maybe someone can pm me and explain how my post goes against the PKIC guidlines the next time they have the urge to delete/edit my post!

On a second note, does anyone have pictures from either last weekends' or this weekends' tours? Whats the effects in the tunnel sequence, do you get wet? Thanks in advance!

^Although I'm not sure, like I said in another thread I think the posts were deleted yesterday because if you saw the site was having some problems, so I think lots of the posts yesterday were deleted because of these problems. I also had one deleted so its not just you.

I have ridden IJST 1 time because around the 4th week in March they were testing some of the rides and I was working that day and they asked me if i wanted to ride the IJST I said Sure why not and i got off i thought it was ok. It may go faster I dont know I dont work with steel coasters I work with wood coasters at PKI.

laugh.gif Tomb Raider being superior to anything at Ioa is hilarious. Tomb Raider has the crappiest theme job, Scooby is more detailed than it. I like the pictures and video but I still say Italian Job is crap and IOA would never disgrace themselves by putting in the two bit ride.

Scooby has more theming that Tomb Raider? Hahahahahaha. How do you figure that? And explain to me how Hulk has tons of theming? And why does Dudley Do-Right's theming and animatronics so half-assed if IOA is so amazing? Compare JP River Adventure's queue line to Tomb Raider's and Tomb Raider would beat it any day. Grant it, the ride room of TRTR is very lacking, but to say Scooby outdoes it and it can't be compared to anything at IOA when they are putting up rides like that Storm spinning thing next to the Hulk is pretty ridiculous. If you consider IJST a 2 bit ride(I'm not a huge fan of the ride either, I just think it will be fun)that IOA would never disgrace themselves with then how do you explain the Storm ride there? How is that more themed than TRTR? And how is Dr. Doom's Gay-Non-Thrilling Fear Fall more elaborate than TRTR? Not all of IOA is amazing. Infact, alot of is quite half-assed and dull. They are no Disney, and never will be. Neither will PKI I don't think. But PKI could easily become IOA. Which is sad considering IOA has a massive budget and evidently lacks the creativity or finese to actually finish their rides theming. Sure PKI is highly lacking in the theming area, but to act like IOA is god just because they are a theme park that has 3 B&M coasters on their property with themed queue lines(the reason this park probably gets so much acclaim from the enthusiast community when pitted against Disney, they have 3 big coasters)is pretty ridiculous. But to each his own. I'm sorry you hate TRTR, one less person in the line and one second faster for me to ride.

Tomb Raider the ride is fun, the theme is terrible, I would much prefer to ride the giant top spin outside with some fountain effects than indoors with a few cheesy lighting effects. I still find the posts saying that I am wrong to not like Pki and that I am not respecting other's opinons so hypocritical. I never slam anyone for liking the ride but god forbid someone doesn't like it then they get flamed to no end laugh.gif

You're absolutly right Ryan, IOA, or Universal for that matter, would never stoop to Disneys' level and create some cheap-ass carnival area like AK's Chester and Hester’s Dino-Rama or CA's A Bug's Land wink.gif Although, like I said in one of my posts that got deleted, IOA was outdone the day TDS opened!

You're absolutly right Ryan, IOA, or Universal for that matter, would never stoop to Disneys' level and create some cheap-ass carnival area like AK's Chester and Hester’s Dino-Rama or CA's A Bug's Land wink.gif Although, like I said in one of my posts that got deleted, IOA was outdone the day TDS opened!

I still stand by my comments that IOA isn't as great as so many of you panned it out to be when compared against Disney. But you are right, CA and AK aren't Disney's most shining moments, haha. Even so, Disney's dumbass moments(PrimevalWhirl)are still better than IOA's(Storm something, what is that thing called?), both of which contained pathetic cut out characters if I remember correctly, it just so happened Disney had more and bigger ones, lol. Actually, in hindsight, what is up with AK and their use of time machines so frequently? Anyways, even with the pathetic DinoRama I still think AK stands a chance at becoming much more successful in the way that MGM-Studios did with Expedition Everest. But still, an average Disney ride can easily take out an average IOA ride, atleast on the theme level. But at the same time I understand that an average IOA ride will take out the best of Paramount Park's themed rides(though I think TRTR and its queue and preshow do come close if not surpassing a few of IOA's average rides). By the way Skippy, by TDS do you mean Tokyo DisneySea? Or?

And Coasterguy, I'm not trying to flame you or anything, just throwing my opinions out there. I strongly believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I'm not trying to bash yours. If I did, I apologize.

^Yes, I mean Tokyo DisneySea, its quit possibly the best theme park it the world tongue.gif The attention to detail is outstanding and being the most expensive Disney Park to date (quit possibly ever) I don't see anything matching it any time soon! Not to mention it was designed by my most favorite theme park designers in the world at Kirk Design Inc.

Coasterguy, I'm not trying to flame you or anything, just throwing my opinions out there. I strongly believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I'm not trying to bash yours. If I did, I apologize.

Don't worry, it is all in internet fun wink.gif . While my Pki enthusiasim has died I still enjoy seeing what is going on at my home park. Keep up the great updates Pkic team and make sure to have great photos ... erm digital media biggrin.gif from the media day.