IJST Launches Into Public View!

Ok, here is what happens, im sure every one has noticed the "rollback" clickers on The Racer or The Beast right?

they look like a lift segment, but have no chain, they catch the chaindogs and if the ride is not fast enough to make it over, then it stops on it, The Legend has 2 of these, one on top of the Spiral Drop, and one on the Double-up crest.

Extra credit goes out to anyone who can tell me who invented this system.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on the situation. i remember last year one of the face-off trains had gotten stuck on the second incline after the third inversion, but i guess that doesnt count as a difficult spot.

Thats also not considered a valley, thats just a lift 2 miscatch, and there are brakes right there to catch it. Also what is meant by "one of the Face/off trains" suggesting there are more than 1?

For the most part if its not possible to push/ pull a train to a location where it can continue on its on, they will remove the upstop wheels and take the train off.

Further more i would like to add about the anti roll backs on Racer, each side actually has 2 chains, 1 on the main lift, and another on the 2nd biggest hill which is only turned on at the beginning of the year when the trains are running slow.

Was at PKI on Saturday and Sunday. Thought the IJST looked like a blast from the ground. Now that I see the vid I am also disappointed that it seems slow. Maybe launch speed can and will be inceased, but I noticed that in the park guide the IJST is listed as an "intermediate thrill" ride, right up there with the Scrambler! Lets not get our hopes up and just enjoy the ride for what it is.

Top Thrill Dragster rolls back all of the time. I have had two roll backs since it has opened. Also, there are not little boosters at the top of the hill to help it get over the top hat. CP doesn't try to cover up the fact that TTD rolls back you idiot.

Plus, CP has only had one accident were guests were injured on TTD, and it was all over the news.

Why call people idiots? You must be insecure.

With the whole physics thing though actually on IJ:ST it works differentely then on a normal coaster with a lift hill. With the normal lift hill yes the coasters always go faster with more weight as has already been explained. In a launch coaster such as IJ:ST if they keep the launch power that it is now with people it won't make it through the helix. Just basic physics again to get something with more weight moving at the same speed as something with less weight more energy is required. So yes they will for sure be cranking up the power of the LIMs and has been explained already it will go faster through the rest of the course.

I'm not sure if IJ:ST has it but I know that some lauch coasters have scales on them. The scales measure the weight once the passengers are in and decides how much energy is required to launch a train to the desired speed. I know Dueling Dragons also has this to make sure the two trains arrive at the intended destination at the right time to give the "dueling" effect.

Also, last year if any one remembers SOB valleyed after the loop, not sure how they got the train off that time though, assuming they removed the track.

oh my god, pay attention.

as far as my physics lesson goes, the wheels and induction for the launch will cause the train to go at the same initial velocity, so that is really no problem, and i bet after the first hill, if it rests and just gets "tapped off" then it will still make it through the rest, but not nearly as thrilling as going high speeds in a minicooper.

as someone put it... "its a cool wild mouse coaster"

^Yes, I'm not disagreeing with you in any way, if it starts out with the same speed as its traveling now it will travel quicker through the rest of the course. I'm just saying it will require more energy to get it up to the same speed it is traveling at right now with passengers because of the added weight. I'm assuming their launching it at 40mph right now so yes they will have to increase the boost energy to get the launch up to 40 with passengers.

I cant say much but i can say that it is a very very short ride. But everyone on here just loves 15 second coasters rite. If you like TTD dont say you dont couze its as short as they get... wink.gif

Does anyone know what happened to good old fashioned english?!?!?!?

Adventure Express may be no Top Thrill Dragster - but I like it, and I know alot of people would say they do. You don't need to be extremely fast to be really fun.

Very True. Any ride can be awesome, especialy if you theme it well. Lets take Disney World for an example...Phillar Magic, a 3-D show. Awesome! Rock N Rollercoaster, fast and awesome. The theming on that ride is great, and the ride is great too!

How was the park open?? How were people there? I thought opening day was this Saturday? I'm way confused....

By the way, does anybody know if the ride will be open this Saturday?

The park was open to gold passholders only, but the official opening day is Saturday, April 9th. There is no official word as to whether or not IJST will be open to the public.