April 16

Stenger

I am going to PKI on April 16.. I scored 2 tickets for 20 bucks (bank!) from my co-workers wife's work...

What is parking price now? im not talking Perfered parking, or what not, just regular parking. Is it up to 20 bucks yet?

This will be my first return to the park since 2003. Hopefully things are still some what how i remembered them... although this new "smoking policy" is horse crap! how can you not be allowd to smoke in a OUTDOOR AMUZEMENT PARK!

this 19 spots where you can smoke is BS! i can understand while in the turn styles of a waiting que... but while walking around... come on!!!!

(this is why i hate politics... its getting to the point where you can't smoke in your own freaggin car)

I am going to PKI on April 16.. I scored 2 tickets for 20 bucks (bank!) from my co-workers wife's work...

What is parking price now? im not talking Perfered parking, or what not, just regular parking. Is it up to 20 bucks yet?

This will be my first return to the park since 2003. Hopefully things are still some what how i remembered them... although this new "smoking policy" is horse crap! how can you not be allowd to smoke in a OUTDOOR AMUZEMENT PARK!

this 19 spots where you can smoke is BS! i can understand while in the turn styles of a waiting que... but while walking around... come on!!!!

(this is why i hate politics... its getting to the point where you can't smoke in your own freaggin car)

Majority of people don't smoke. I think the new smoking areas are awesome. So far people have been good with it. As for an outdoor amusement park that's somewhat smoke free, there is tons of people that don't smoke that come to the park. And to many people the smell of smoke can make them sick and not have a good time. I'm a smoker myself and I love the idea of the areas.

Majority of people don't smoke. I think the new smoking areas are awesome. So far people have been good with it. As for an outdoor amusement park that's somewhat smoke free, there is tons of people that don't smoke that come to the park. And to many people the smell of smoke can make them sick and not have a good time. I'm a smoker myself and I love the idea of the areas.

You under estimate how many people actually smoke that visit PKI. As for people smelling smoke OUTSIDE, that's their own problem. Stay away from people who do smoke and everyone will be happy.

I like the idea of banning smoking because several times I've have walked by people that I didn't notice were smoking and they blew the smoke RIGHT in my face. I was so mad. Plus I think it adds to the family park theme.

I don't get why parking is so $. Where does the parking money go? There lot does need a make over. Alot of pot holes and uneven payvemnt, which equels and buppy ride. I don't know, the fee is 9 bucks. But the lot is in such bad shape.

Guest faceoff

I am a non-smoker, so therefore i like the policy on smoking. Even if i did smoke,

the policy would be good-because why should i subject non-smokers to messing

up there lungs. Besides, i can spend my money on better things-such as season

passes. smile.gif

i don't care what people say about non-smokers complaining.

its BS! plain and simple.

Now not smoking in the Resturants is one thing... but being out side the smoke rises... it doesn't sit and linger around for 20 minutes...

more people smoke than you'd think.

so whats still old skewl at PKI? nothing?

^First off its not BS, its KI's PRIVATE property and they have the right to do it, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE IT! So shut up and obey the rules, dont be a jerk and break them, all youll do is creat problems for the park. Now were not here to start the smoking argument again, if you wanna argue about that go to the smoking ban topic untill then everyone shut up about it on here offtopic.gif

^First off its not BS, its KI's PRIVATE property and they have the right to do it, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE IT! So shut up and obey the rules, dont be a jerk and break them, all youll do is creat problems for the park. Now were not here to start the smoking argument again, if you wanna argue about that go to the smoking ban topic untill then everyone shut up about it on here  offtopic.gif

I like this guy.

^First off its not BS, its KI's PRIVATE property and they have the right to do it, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE IT! So shut up and obey the rules, dont be a jerk and break them, all youll do is creat problems for the park. Now were not here to start the smoking argument again, if you wanna argue about that go to the smoking ban topic untill then everyone shut up about it on here offtopic.gif

Everyone has their right to an opinion, if someone doesn't think there should be a smoking ban, he has the freedom to discuss that on here.

guess we got another Typing Ganster huh? don't try to act all tuff by calling people out... it's childish. Everyones tuff behind a keyboard.

I stated the fact that im goin back to PKI for the first time in 2 years and said i don't agree with the smoking band... but guess what... im still gonna smoke in line. I could care less if 2 or 3 people are slightly bothered buy it. It only takes 5 minutes if that to smoke a ciggerette. and like i said before... The smoke goes away as soon as i release the sweet tobacco bliss from my lungs. This country has turned into a bunch of panzy health nuts. First you take my Super Size away from me at McDonalds. Now my smoking? blah!

And PKI is NOT private properity. Once you sell tickets for admission or offer a paid service it looses that title. It is open to the general public. NOT limited to who they want to come in.

Now, is the Mirth Mobile (from the classic movie Waynes World One and Two still in the Paramount park or whatever its called??? that car rocks!

BTW. im very open minded... and i don't hold anything back.

I'm sorry my friend but you are wrong. PKI is still private property.

Also, you have to remember that it is childish to smoke while in a que line. I mean, are you that weak that you can't wait before you're off the ride to smoke a cig?

guess we got another Typing Ganster huh? don't try to act all tuff by calling people out... it's childish. Everyones tuff behind a keyboard.

I stated the fact that im goin back to PKI for the first time in 2 years and said i don't agree with the smoking band... but guess what... im still gonna smoke in line. I could care less if 2 or 3 people are slightly bothered buy it. It only takes 5 minutes if that to smoke a ciggerette. and like i said before... The smoke goes away as soon as i release the sweet tobacco bliss from my lungs. This country has turned into a bunch of panzy health nuts. First you take my Super Size away from me at McDonalds. Now my smoking? blah!

And PKI is NOT private properity. Once you sell tickets for admission or offer a paid service it looses that title. It is open to the general public. NOT limited to who they want to come in.

Now, is the Mirth Mobile (from the classic movie Waynes World One and Two still in the Paramount park or whatever its called??? that car rocks!

BTW. im very open minded... and i don't hold anything back.

It's private property.

Sounds like security will get to know this fellow quite well, when and if he does come to the park.

I stated the fact that im goin back to PKI for the first time in 2 years and said i don't agree with the smoking band... but guess what... im still gonna smoke in line. I could care less if 2 or 3 people are slightly bothered buy it. It only takes 5 minutes if that to smoke a ciggerette.

Uh... How about you don't do that. You have no respect for people.

I got a better idea, if you have that opinion why you just stay home! Didn't you ever know anyone who has athzma? I have athzma, I know people who have it so bad that they can't breathe when they inhale smoke. I'd hate for one of MY friends to have to call the medics because of YOUR refusal to obey the rules. So do us and yourself a favour and don't smoke unless it's in a smoking area.

^I agree. There's no need to be assinine about it. If I see you smoking in line, I'll be sure the employees know about it and either you will quit smoking in line or be ejected from the park. How does that sound?

Yes, he has a right to discuss the smoking issue, but I think he should voice his opinion in the correct thread. This topic is about him returning to PKI after two years, not smoking in the park.

smoking in sertain areas is good but can it be inforced? will guest fallow it? yes its a good idea but we need to ask questions first. I know that the guest wouldn't fallow it did it stop guests from smoking in the lines? thats why It cant be inforced guests wouln't follow it sunday i saw meny people smoking in areas that they weren't allowed to but yes there has been a decline in people doing it. but it wouldn't stop them!!

I stated the fact that im goin back to PKI for the first time in 2 years and said i don't agree with the smoking band... but guess what... im still gonna smoke in line. I could care less if 2 or 3 people are slightly bothered buy it. It only takes 5 minutes if that to smoke a ciggerette. and like i said before... The smoke goes away as soon as i release the sweet tobacco bliss from my lungs.

You are so wrong, about that. PKI is private property, it is owned by Parmount Parks, they have a fence surrounding the property.If it were public property it would be owned by the city of Mason. You are paying to use their service, when you pay for said services (Admission, rides and so on) you accept the rules of the property, if you do not comply with those rules, they will either eject you from the park, including being banned from the park or arrest you. Also just for the record smoking has always been banned in queue lines.

I also think you should be allowed to smoke if you want to (but dont encourage it), but PKI does have 19 designated smoking areas, use it thats what there for. Don't stand in a queue house and blow smoke at someone, its disgusting.

Also Hope you don't have a season pass, i believe the 3rd time you are caught out of the designated areas/ smoking in line, you will have your season pass revoked without a refund.

Further more, Please let us know what you like like, so when you visit the park you can get stapled on every ride for being an @$$hole.

Finally about the

Once you sell tickets for admission or offer a paid service it looses that title. It is open to the general public. NOT limited to who they want to come in.

They have the right to decide who they want in the park and who they don't, there are people on the permently banned from the park list, mostly those who decide to stand up on coasters, including those who have ben caught at other parks doing the same thing.

PKI is private property. When you buy a ticket or a season pass, you agree to the terms and conditions held within. Read the back of the ticket or season pass. It has information there. There are also rules on the park maps and at the entrence of the rides.

As of smoking, it has always been against the rules to smoke in the ride lines. If you don't belive me, just read the signs at the entrance of the lines, and pay attention to the "no smoking" signs in the ride lines. Smoking in the entire park being retained to only a few areas is a great idea IMO. It will be hard to inforce, but we didn't have much of a problem with it during sneak peak weekend. We'll see what happens next.

If people do not want to follow the rules (any of them, including the no food or drinks in the park, no knives, not following the alcohol policy, ect.) than they can just stay at home. We don't want you in the park if you won't follow our rules.

I stated the fact that im goin back to PKI for the first time in 2 years and said i don't agree with the smoking band... but guess what... im still gonna smoke in line. I could care less if 2 or 3 people are slightly bothered buy it. It only takes 5 minutes if that to smoke a ciggerette.

Uh... How about you don't do that. You have no respect for people.

Hay don't do that in Vortex's or Troika's line, then the crew will be on you so fast. censored.gif

I stated the fact that im goin back to PKI for the first time in 2 years and said i don't agree with the smoking band... but guess what... im still gonna smoke in line.

To stenger... first off, that is illegal to do at Paramount's Kings Island. There is no smoking while in ANY line at PKI... that announcement runs in every que line at the park. Second off, yes PKI is PRIVATE property. You are on their property whether you are walking on the pavement or you are parking in the parking lot. Guess what, if you are touching it, most likely they own it! My last point is, I know people in rides. They will be on you so fast you won't know what hit you. And as far as smoking in the restaraunts there, I can gaurantee you that if you come into Festhaus smoking, you WILL be asked to go outside and finsh it. If you refuse, all it takes is one little call to get security out there. ( By the way, security responds to calls from Festhaus rather quickly! ) So don't do it. Plain and simple. There are 19, I repeat, 19 smoking areas that you can smoke in. Most are located near Food Service stands. I know one is in back of Fest and in front of Fest. So get over yourself and I state again, we will be on you so fast if you try to pull that!

Um - yeah - what he said. Youll have 22 very angry people on your ass. laugh.gif

Besides - it is illegal at the park - and I believe you can be kicked out. In addition - you can be über-stapled by us ride ops. Don't smoke. Or do. And face the consequences.

I'd love to be in line to see a ride-op "über-staple" someone for smoking in the queue. That argument that would ensue would be über-entertaining. biggrin.gif