Should Chef go?

BoddaH1994

Hi All,

As probably the only mother to answer so far, I vote yes. Of course there are a zillion factors that tie into his final decision and everybody's different. At the end of my pregnancies I wanted to be alone, alone, alone, LEAVE ME ALONE ALREADY!!!! But both of my kids came over a week late and neither one came easily or quickly. Dad could have left the state and still made it back in time for the deliveries.

It's very difficult trying to plan your life/activities around something that will change your whole life immediately. Your first child is a huge deal. More than likely Mrs. Chef understands Chef's love of PKI and wouldn't mind a couple hours of quiet, especially if there are friends close by. But it is a very personal decision, and whichever one Chef makes I'm sure he will do the right thing. BEST WISHES CHEF!!!!!

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for their opinion as it's not an easy decision to make.

If my wife is healthy enough and a trustworthy friend of ours will stay with her in my absence...I'll be there opening day. If my wife is not doing well physically and/or I can't find a trustworthy friend to stay with her in my absence...I won't be there on opening day, but after my son is born.

If I'm at the park and I get a call that my wife is going into (2 weeks early) labor, I will exit the park and go home immediately.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

:chef:

• 2 weeks later...

This is a tough call. The way things look now, I will NOT be there on opening day. However, I am hoping to be at PKI on Season Pass Holders Preview Day on 4/4.

Our due date is 4/19, but the doctors think that my kid is on his way already - my wife is dropping. If she hasn't given birth/gone into labor by 4/4....I will have an AWESOME time at PKI. If she has given birth/gone into labor...it'll have to wait a few weeks as family comes first.

Either which way, I am expecting my son to be born early - and hence I doubt I can make the 4/10 Opening Day.

But if my wife hasn't given birth or gone into labor by then, and the doctor says it's okay...I probably will.

My family comes first. But if the birthing process hasn't begun yet, I really wish to go to PKI as I miss and love it much. After my son is born, I will bring him there in his stroller to introduce him to Daddy's favorite place.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

He is a boy and his name will be Antonino Hiroki Infosino. We will call him Nino for short.

I live about 30 minutes from PKI, so if I go and my wife goes into labor (which can take up to 10 hours until the baby is born), I can definitely get home on time.

I can assure everyone that I would NEVER miss my child's birth for PKI. The risk is that I might get my wife to the hospital 1-2 hours after the first signs of close contractions.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef