4/9 Saturday Visit

italianchef

I don't know why my last post disappeared as it contained nothing bad, but I'll try again.

Today Mrs. Chef, Baby Chef, and I went to PKI for media day. Since I'm working on a freelance article about the park, we all got to wear IDs - even Baby Chef.

We ate at Happy Days Diner and were greatly impressed with the quality of the burgers. We saw Ms. Ross (Mrs. C) but didn't get to meet her. sad.gif

Baby Chef and I rode the Hanna-Barbera carousel for the very first time! I was very proud of him. And the 3 of us rode SDATHC - and Mrs. Chef scored over 1000 points!

Plus we bought Baby Chef some clothes and ate Graeter's ice cream. It was a short, but pleasant day at the park.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

Well, I think the Eiffel Tower and Face Off are not quite ready after their paint job (I didn`t go today but was there last weekend). Also, not sure if Top Gun is done with its own Hollywood makeover, whatever that entails. Last week, the trains were not even on the track, which means that the Ohio Department of Agriculture has yet to inspect the ride and clear it for the public to ride (but they could have done all that during this past week).

Top gun only has one train....very long wait! Tomb Raider was down all day. Cave closed. Tower still closed. From what I can remember, everything else was up and running.

IJ was still testing....did go by a couple times with a rider or two on board. Effects were running during the tests. They gave another tour today. The tunnel looks very sweet! They have a great effect planned for it!

Happy Days and Greaters "offically" opened. The mom from the Happy Days TV show was there to meet and greet! SUPER SUPER friendly! She signed 3 things for me!

More later when I can think straight!

Bill

Italian Chef, it wasn't just your post, it was a lot of posts. I think they got deleted cause this morning when I got on the home page was weird as explained in the other thread. I think these problems were what deleted your post, because I had one deleted two and it didn't have anything bad in it either.

So ZosoBeast whats this special effect? The tunnel is supposed to be a sewer isn't it. I sure hope they don't simulate the smell of crap or dump fecal matter on you as the effect cause that would just ruin the entire ride.

Also CoasterRZ, I didn't know that the Department of Agriculture inspects the rides. Why in the heck would it be the job of the Agricultural Department to inspect rides, dosen't exactly seem up their ally, I mean diseased cows yes; roller coaster inspectors, I just don't see it.

You answered your own question. smile.gif

The Department of Agriculture has to come to the park to inspect the fecal matter they will be dumping on riders on IJ.

Actually, I'm not really sure why they'd be the ones inspecting rides. Isn't there a suitable department to inspect rides?

It is the Department of Agriculture`s Ride Safety Division that inspects all the rides in the state of Ohio. If you notice, every ride in the state has a brass plaque with an identification number, that also says ODoA-RSD. Every year a new colored sticker is placed on the plaque with a number to indicate it has been inspected. Having worked at Coney, inspectors do not just inspect the rides before they open, but make spot checks throughout the year to make sure daily paper work on the rides is up to date, that all rules are followed and that heights are being properly checked. I worked last year when the inspector was at Coney (we had a couple things he did not like, mostly involving minor techinical things and height checking on one particular ride. A couple days later, I saw the same inspector up at Kings Island at The Beast exit talking to one of the managers.

To sum it up, I don`t know how the Department of Agriculture got the responisibility for inspecting rides. Probably stemmed out of the state fair. But Ohio`s ride inspection program is one of the more stringent inspection programs in the country, despite the bumper car issue at the county fair a while back.

Italian Chef, it wasn't just your post, it was a lot of posts. I think they got deleted cause this morning when I got on the home page was weird as explained in the other thread. I think these problems were what deleted your post, because I had one deleted two and it didn't have anything bad in it either.

So ZosoBeast whats this special effect? The tunnel is supposed to be a sewer isn't it. I sure hope they don't simulate the smell of crap or dump feckel matter on you as the effect cause that would just ruin the entire ride.

Also CoasterRZ, I didn't know that the Department of Agriculture inspects the rides. Why in the heck would it be the job of the Agricultural Department to inspect rides, dosen't exactly seem up their ally, I mean diseased cows yes; roller coaster inspectors, I just don't see it.

It's the department that lets us work more than 40 hours without getting overtime pay (although, as a seasonal associate we cannot break 70) I believe.