should kings island expand?

vortexdemon05

Well I think they should. But whether or not they will is questionable. The extra land would require heavy modification to be used. I would like to see them do something like Di$ney and put in a studio area - where its all Magic of the Movies stuff. Or possibly they could start building the family rides back there, and expand AZ.

But I don't think it will ever happen.

I'd like to see PKI expand. I don't think it's necessary; they have plenty of room. But I agree with the above post that I would love to see them do a "backlot" area, like Disney MGM or Universal studios. Get some truly amazing movie rides back there so there's something that gives PKI a one-up over the other Ohio theme parks. Nothing against PKI, but really, people from out of the area tend to look at it as just another theme park in Ohio. . . along the lines of CP and Geagua Lake. Give it a big edge and appeal to the resort mentality they seem to be going after.

How about this, Should PKIC allow repeat topics if they are running out of bandwidth!?

huh?

oh yeah anyhow, I would like to see more at PKI, even though I am used to a park with only 27 dry park rides in the whole thing. PKI has, a smidge more... haha

How about this, Should PKIC allow repeat topics if they are running out of bandwidth!?

huh?

How about that there is a difference between storage and bandwidth - so its not a big deal. laugh.gif

That land is VERY hilly. It all goes down hill. I don't see how it could be economically done. Also PKI is a big loop - so it would be awkward having a seperate area behind it - unless it was a seperate but joined park - like Di$ney has Magic Kingdom, MGM Studios, Epcot and Animal Kingdom. Its one complex but four parks.

How about build some indoor rides in the park so they could be open all year. That way it could be like Universal with snow in the winter. I thought the water park was the 2nd park in Kings Island. Call the new area the Back stage area.

^It's not a rainforest and nothing ever said it was. Its a deciduous forest which can also be protected. If you've ever been to California or Colorado or Utah or really anywhere outwest they have tons of national forests. They protect the forests because they are beautiful and are the habitat for thousands of animals. The United States dosen't have any rainforest, especially not in Ohio I mean come on think about it its way to cold.

I think PKI should expand on it's already existing park! Like re-theme the themed areas... Like completely change Rivertown to the "Old West Backlot", then they could put a bid "Stage 40" on the TR:TR building.

International Street can become the "Paris France Backlot"... with cafes, shops, and the tower!!!

Action Zone can become... "Stunt Central". This is where park guest can train to become stunt people for big, paramount movies!

Octoberfest could could totally get rid of the "german pub" feel and become part of "Stunt Central"...

The Coney Mall can become "Old Boston Backlot" or "Old New England"... They can theme the area as a growing (and busy) small New England town with shops and restaurants. The midway can become "Main Street", with it's wide... road like feel.

The area where FoF is located can become "Area 51 Stage"... a sci-fi movie lovers dream come-true!!!

Nick Central would stay the same except for one thing... it would take over ALL of Hanna-Barbara Land. This would allow for alot of "Kid-oriented" theming throughout the entire area. You would have Nick, Nick Jr and Noggin themes throughout the area.

The Picnic area and foot path to the water park could be lined with facades to give it a movie park feel.

Those are just my thoughts and views on it. -Hauntguy

I don't think they need to. They would need higher attendance to need it. Then they would need more parking. I think they remove rides to keep a balance on rides, park capacity and attendance. There is no need for more if they can't fill it.

I think they said they pay 1 million a year for coaster wheels and if you add a ride it will be more. Without a higher attendance they would make less money by adding more rides.

They've got the land to expand? Where? Unless they take out the campground or expand back behind The Beast (which would require a lot of additional changes to that area), there's really not much room for expansion anymore. I think PKI is great the way it is now, but if they can find room to expand without taking out what little is left of the Kings Mills area, then that's fine with me. Maybe they should rip out Adventure Express - nice ride, but the ending is really lame.

<Detail Snipped>

Those are just my thoughts and views on it. -Hauntguy

Hauntguy-- While the cost of doing these changes all at once would be prohibitive, this is certainly one of the best thought-out "what if" scenarios I've seen posted!

Joel

Do we really need two topics on the same thing? The park currently owns 732 acres. They originally owned the land that the Kings Island resort sits on, that the Tennis Masters series sits on and the Showcase Cinemas that is across from the Kings Island campground.

Kings Island definitely does have the land available to expand, it would take a lot of development and mess up the general flow of traffic in the park, but it could be done. Also, speaking as an employee, there would need to be changes made at the front gate. As it is now, admissions gets backed up almost every weekend. If they were bringing in more people because of park expansion, they would need to rethink some things.

• Like 1

Yes they shoudl expand and with that they need to redo the front entrance to make it bigger for bigger the boom in park patrons. The new addition should be opened year round all enclosed behind The Racer and have like 12 block buster all indoor magic of hollywood rides. Examples like et, earthquake etc. etc.

And that would be great

I also feel where timberwolf is they should put a classic boardwalk in where there are games lots of classic flats like calypso spyder scrambler flyers tilt o whirl wheel of fortune electric rainbow and such and make that OLD CONEY!

and then where old coney is now make that roller coaster alley!

Only time will tell if Kings Island listens to its patrons and or does an expansion!

we will see

and in the front I would love to see a city walk downtown Kings Island with side walke entrance shopes games skeeball cafe fine dining cheap dining and such

arcades free to enter you just pay for what you do. open like at 3pm-2am daily!

wow what plans i've wrote would love all of this to happen and maybe all the water rides all moved to BBWP so when you're wet you're wet!

LOGAN RUN

• Like 1

• 14 years later...

Bumping a thread

This is still a relevant topic especially with the addition of the 2020 coaster. I think Xbase is the most feasable for expansion in the park.

However I'd prefer for more out-of-the-park expansion. For example, park owned eateries, similar to how Cedar Point operates the DQ and the Quaker State before you hit the causeway. I'm also curious if Kings Island would purchase the campground that is being built. I believe Kings Island had the option to purchase the Great Wolf Lodge but opted out but I could be wrong. I think it would be cool to have a smaller scale resort type atmosphere at Kings Island similar to the park used to have when it opened.

• Like 4

On 4/17/2005 at 2:36 PM, loganrun said:

Yes they shoudl expand and with that they need to redo the front entrance to make it bigger for bigger the boom in park patrons. The new addition should be opened year round all enclosed behind The Racer and have like 12 block buster all indoor magic of hollywood rides. Examples like et, earthquake etc. etc.

This guy's living in the future -- 12 rides featuring Hollywood magic?

Err, well I guess, he's objectively in the past -- 14 years in the past -- but you get what I mean.