PKI IS NOT CHEAP!

CoasterXtreme

I must speak out about this....I am so tired of people saying pki is cheap, Here is the bottom line! The more people that visit and comes through the gate the more they can spend in the park. (IE: rides, repairs, landscape and Updates.) So we should be helping them get people through the gate so they can build that bigger attraction that we all want to see......

Sean

Coasterxtreme tongue.gif

So what do you really think about this? lol

No, I don't think PKI is cheap, either. We have to remember first and foremost that PKI is most likely on a fixed budget from the Paramount Corporation. They operate quite a few parks so it's safe to say all their money can't go to PKI, which is probably why we don't get the "big" coasters like Cedar Point gets--it's clearly the crown jewel of Cedar Fair's parks.

But let's not forget that PKI shells out quite a bit of money. Tomb Raider could have been just a simple flat ride, but the park went all out on the themeing. IJST looks like it had quite a few decent bucks spent on it, and let's not forget that SOB didn't come cheap either!! Plus, look at all the different stores and restaurants popping up.

Actually, I think it might be safe to say that PKI has spent more money since Paramount took over. There always is so much coming to the parks--even if it's not a roller coaster, we're still getting all sorts of restaurants, shows and attractions. Compare the "theming" on Adventure Express to the amazing job done with TR:TR , FoF and--I can assume--IJST. PKI forks down some serious dough!

Obviously if people are willing to pay it theyre not going to lower the price. Plus there are ALWAYS coupons, like AAA, Blockbuster, i was at meijer today and there were 50% off coupons. But honestly if you want the best deal, buy a season pass (even cheeper is a family pass). I know before i worked at KI i would probably go close to 30 times a season. If the pass is 90$ thats only 3 dollars a visit. The pass really does pay for itself after 2 visits.

I just want to know one thing...who here said that PKI is cheap? I don't recall reading a single thread and someone saying that they are cheap.

Just so you know CoasterXtreme, PKIC frowns upon the use of multiple smileys. It slows down loading time for those on a basic internet connection. It's also a part of the terms of sevice. I'm not trying to bust on you, just trying to help you to avoid the mods, not that they are bad people.

I think we'll leave this open so long as it remains tasteful...

Here are my two cents --

No, PKI is not cheap. PKI is one of only a few parks that can say that every year of its existance, it has done some sort of expansion. That is definitely something to be proud of. I think the park really does a good job pleasing as many people as they can at once and that accounts for a lot of their success.

On the other hand, if you're going to be empathetic to the individuals who aren't season passholder and drive two and a half hours to get to the park, if someone is willing to travel long and far to go to the park and dish out $42.99 just to get in and at least $9 to park, I don't think that it's entirely too much for them to expect certain things out of Paramount Parks. I mean, I realize that there are certain constraints like budget that affect this and it's not simply too lofty a concept for PP to pick up on, but if a family travels long and far to visit the park and in the end dishes out hundreds of dollars in a single establishment in just one day, I think they should expect respectful employees, rides that work as well as they should, a clean and well-kept park, and most directly towards PKI, a full experience in themed attractions.

To be honest with you, I'm sure the management of PKI would give anything to be able to do a $100 million expansion like Disneyworld, or be able to paint half the park as needed, but for the money that they get, they really do a great job.

Ryan

Although I haven't heard much people calling PKI "cheap," I must agree that its stupid to call them that! PKI gets an budget and works with it and IMO, does one hell of a job laugh.gif Their only a seasonal park so they can't earn nearly as much as I'm sure they wish they could (such as Disney and Universal).

The only expansions we've been seeing lately are thoughs of already exsisting areas (i.e. Hanna-Barbera Land in 1998 and Action Zone in 1999). The next expansion we'll be seeing is the long-rumored Nickelodeon Central expansion. Although I would love to see a new area (especially a backlot-type area) at PKI, I'm afraid right now its just out of the budget but if attendance keeps up like it has been, PKI may finally receive the buget they so rightfully deserve wink.gif

BTW, has anyone eaten at Carowind's CBS Cafe located in Paramount Plaza? How was it? I only ask because it looks like it would fit into a backlot area area perfectly!

Don't PKI have a new paving company yet that just the plain old blacktop. Just to tell you... PKD has a new paving company that just started paving the park in 2003. Every time they add a new ride each year... they will have new pave for the rides and the rides close to it. The paving looks nice. wink.gif

I think theyll put something behind The Racer by FOF and keep going back and for a couple of years it will still be considered "Coney Mall" befoer they hav neough rides to make it its own section.

I disagree.. I think that if they do add an area behind The Racers, they'll put in one or two rides as part of the expansion and add food, shops, games, etc there in order to 'fill' the area, but allow a lot of room for expansion. At that, I think it would be heavily themed in order to give it an identity that is seperate from the rest of CM.