April 17, 2005

pkiboy

I was at pki today for the first time since november 7, 2004 and let me tell you it was PACKED. I got there around 9:15 a.m. I thought the park was going to be dead. why was the park so packed today. I guess it was such a nice day. It felt like a summer day at pki. I only got to ride 3 rides. the Son of Beast was very smooth. and as usaul I rode front car on The Beast. thats the only way i ride The Beast. and by noon some of the lines got long so i went to The Vortex. after The Vortex i left the park around noon and got some graters ice cream while walking out.

It was the Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati, and I heard they bought 45,000 tickets for today. Regardless of 35,000 or 45,000 that is still a ton of people in the park in one day. Not to mention all the walk up sales of tickets or pass holders (like me) who spent a couple hours in the park.

It was the Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati, and I heard they bought 45,000 tickets for today. Regardless of 35,000 or 45,000 that is still a ton of people in the park in one day. Not to mention all the walk up sales of tickets or pass holders (like me) who spent a couple hours in the park.

actually they only got 30,000 tickets. The rest of the people in the park was the general public

We were going to go but when we drove by and saw the crowd we decided not to. It was the most packed I have ever seen it! Not only was the parking out to BB, but was even in the grass in the BB lot!! blink.gif It was like this all the way out to the end of the lot.

...and I heard they bought 45,000 tickets for today. Regardless of 35,000 or 45,000 that is still a ton of people in the park in one day.

Um, 35 or 45,000 people in the park is normal Saturday in the summer. A ton of people would be 50,000 or more. With that many people you can wait 3-4 hours for a ride. 35 or 45,000 2 or 2.5 hours of wait time. 60,000 can shut down the front gates untill enough people left to bring in more.

I think 45,000 people is a lot to have in the park during pre/ post season, you have to remember that the waterpark is not yet open, which is a significant amount of space. A few years ago there was over 50,000 in the park on the 2nd to last day of the season, now thats a lot to have in the park, with waterworks closed, everyone in the park was complaining about disconfort, and being "crammed in" in addition to a lot of the food stands running out of food.

I was heading up to Camp Kern for an Open house and I got stuck in traaffic. I asked my dad if there was an accident poosible and he said "no, All these cars are going to PKI" when i passed by the park, the whole lot was filled and I can see a huge crowd of people near the entrance.

Yeah i was a close on that day and when i got there i couldn't believe how many people were still walking up to the gates to get in. There was no parking at all, but thankfully i found a perosn who was backing up in employee parking and i took their spot or i would of been late from the long walk that some of my crew members had to take. When i got inside the park i could barely see anything when i got to AZ because there was a ton of people standing in lines waiting. When i got to my ride i looked at the line and it was close to 2 hours long. It was insane!