LONG LINES TELL YOUR STORY

pkiboy

ZosoBeast, I don't know if we got there before or after the ride broke down. When we got there the line was back to the Tiques, I know alot of people left after awhile, they told us that it wasn't going to open but we could see the pre-show(oooh, thanks guys, that really hepls). Ah well, at least we were at PKI! laugh.gif

Last year, in August, waiting in the dreaded White Water Canyon line from hell. Everybody and their mother wanted to get on that ride due to the intense heat permeating the park. Sweat drenched tourists in front of my, freaky pierced teens in back of me, and a wait of over 1.5 hrs to get to the small bridge area right before the area where you get on the boat. Once we reached this point, we could hear the water. We were getting excited. Our hours of loitering and day dreaming were almost at an end. We were one stop closer to rocking the tube and becoming drenched in clorinated fun water. Alas, our dreams were crushed when we heard the ride power down. We looked up at the tower which goes over the waterway and there was a Kings Island maintenance crew arriving. They said we could wait if we wanted, but there was no guarantee the ride would continue anytime soon. We figured, we've already invested two hours of our limited day at the park to this ride, why give up now? We were now determined to ride the rapids. Many people left and it allowed us to move up the line to being 3rd in line to get on the next running boat. We were excited now. He had hope. We would ride the rapids today, but once again, the powers that be opened up a giant flap on the ride and descended down under the platform. They came back out and said the ride would not be operating any time soon, possibly not for a few days.. We left at that point. We circled the park, and next time we came by, it was running again, so we waited another hour and finally got on the ride. I got drenched. It was worth the wait, but having spent some time at Boomerang Bay last year, I'll defintely head over to the water park next time, the wait isn't nearly as long to get your booty wet.

With the whole high gas prices making PKI more crowded I find that hard to believe. Yea sure people living in the Cincinnati area may be more likely to go to PKI but your forgeting everyone else that is less likely to go to PKI. I live in Columbus so I won't be making the trip as much so that means in general people will come less from Columbus. Then you also have people that come from Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia all who are less likely to come so really I think that if any thing PKI wouldn't be as crowded.

Mine would be a five hour wait for The Beast when it first opened back in 1979! But it was worth every minute.

Sean tongue.gif

I always wondered what the wait was for The Beast back when it opened. I always imagine that whole queue completely full... blink.gif ...I waited for the Magnum at CP for over an hour in the rain, they then shut all the rides down and all we got to ride was the Corkscrew...I waited almost 2 hours for King Cobra one night right before PKI's closing time...

I waited a couple hours in the blazing sun for SOB it's opening year. The ride kept going down, and the girl next to us in line, who we actually knew by chance, collapsed from the heat. A quick question to go with this. Would it be the end of the world if PKI put some shade somewhere in the Action Zone?