Worst Ride

flightoffear1996

• 1 month later...

All of the rides listed above are pretty good rides. I'd say that the only big mistake that the park has made was that hyper wooden painful thing in the Action Zone. I have to wonder if Werner Stengle lost his mind after making an awesome ride like FoF to making a buch of helixes and a loop like SoB. You may argue that a wooden structure is limited.... well, my not so brilliant friend, if you look right down the road in Rivertown, you'll notice SoB's daddy, which is a wooden coaster with a couple of helixes, but one HELL of a lot more personaility that its idiot son... Disagree with me if you will, but I was sorely disappointed after my first spin around on SoB.... Now, with some track work, it might actually be a ride that doesn't run the risk of causing injury to the innocent patrons aboard, but even if it were a coaster made of marble, it would be just a hill, a loop, and helix, after helix, after helix, after helix.

While Son of Beast is not the best coaster in the park it is no where near the worse. There may be alot of helixs but what more could you want with a wooden coaster that loops and a wooden coaster that stands 200 feet +????? The record has standed for 4 years and probaly alot longer. For the whimps that say this coaster is too rough look at The Beast that is just as jerkey and rough as the SOB and arent woodies supposed to be rough?

What is SDC stand for?

Top Junk and SOB get my vote.

Top Junk = I remember riding it when it opened on Media day. Not only is it a HUGE waste of steel, but to have to walk darn near a mile to get to it is just a joke!

SOB, again, riding it when it first opened after waiting about 5 hours in line for it to get fixed. I remember getting there in the morning, waiting, waiting, waiting and then riding and then going straight home with this HUGE headache!

I did ride it again this past Easter Sunday. It felt alot better than it did in years past, but for as much work as this did to get that thing up and running, the ride itself just sucks! IMO

You may argue that a wooden structure is limited.... well, my not so brilliant friend, if you look right down the road in Rivertown, you'll notice SoB's daddy, which is a wooden coaster with a couple of helixes

When he does argue, just tell him to check out ThunderHead at Dollywood. Even though I have not been on it, the pics/ videos/ and comments have ALL been praising this new coaster. I may just take the 14 hour trip to check it out!

I live in Erie, PA. My wife and I have had season passes to PKI and CP for 5 years now. It is very convenient that my uncle lives about 20 minutes from PKI so we make the trip at least 3 times a year.

I also checked MapBlast, DollyWood is 10 hours from Erie, not 14 like I thought.

• 1 month later...

While Son of Beast is not the best coaster in the park it is no where near the worse. There may be alot of helixs but what more could you want with a wooden coaster that loops and a wooden coaster that stands 200 feet +????? The record has standed for 4 years and probaly alot longer. For the whimps that say this coaster is too rough look at The Beast that is just as jerkey and rough as the SOB and arent woodies supposed to be rough?

Finally, someone who agrees with me.

You may argue that a wooden structure is limited.... well, my not so brilliant friend, if you look right down the road in Rivertown, you'll notice SoB's daddy, which is a wooden coaster with a couple of helixes

The main difference aside of the loop is tunnels and trees. What else does The Beast do that SOB does not?

• 2 weeks later...

Worst thing ever is HB carosel :D but adult teenage wise its Topgun, I work it and I do respect it but, you walk a mile to get there then if your unlucky you have to wait, there are alot of steps, and its to short and its a long dissapointing walk back. The soundtrack is good though and I like working that ride, I just think that they could have done a better job on Topgun like some of the other Paramount Parks that have Topgun

I remember when TopGun first opened. I thought the queue was so cool. They played the soundtrack to the movie and they had that part of the queue that looked like the inside of the boat that the planes take off from (sorry I don't know what that is called) The ride operators dressed up, it was just cool.

While I still enjoy riding TopGun, I agree and say it is the worst ride in the park.

Top Gun. With so many great Arrow suspended coasters out there why does PKI settle for something so lame

Some great suspendeds: Big Bad Wolf and Iron Dragon. I am sure there are others but these are the only two I have ridden

Top Gun is such a dissapointment. Sure it's fast. And has some good height to it. But is just so darn short!

Worst ride in the park

the winner is

TOP GUN

Top Gun. With so many great Arrow suspended coasters out there why does PKI settle for something so lame

So many? The have been a total of 10 Arrow suspended coasters, only 9 are operating (The Bat- which we should all know about), and of those, 3 are not located in the US.

The Big Bad Wolf is by far the best suspended, but ID is terrible compared to TG. Both coasters have their place in each park, an exciting ride, but not a thrill ride. TG serves many of the younger patrons of PKI. Taking this ride away would be taking from the family atmosphere that PKI is directing itself to as well as taking away from the Hollywood theme since this ride is very heavily themed.

And as far as PKI settling for a ride that is lame, the ride was already planned and being built before PKI took ownership. If PKI wanted to change some od the aspects of the ride, they did have an opportunity to put more $$ into it, but obviously they wanted to spend more for the theming at that time.

hmm, i am going to go with SDGC.

My foot got in the car on SGC one time. :lol:

LOL! I rode it on Friday, June 11th, After waiting ALMOST AN HOUR, whihc could have been spent riding TOmb Raider! I had never ridden it before, so I wanted to try it out. I barely fit! and i thought the sudden braking was gonna throw me out!

Top Gun.  With so many great Arrow suspended coasters out there why does PKI settle for something so lame

So many? The have been a total of 10 Arrow suspended coasters, only 9 are operating (The Bat- which we should all know about), and of those, 3 are not located in the US.

The Big Bad Wolf is by far the best suspended, but ID is terrible compared to TG. Both coasters have their place in each park, an exciting ride, but not a thrill ride. TG serves many of the younger patrons of PKI. Taking this ride away would be taking from the family atmosphere that PKI is directing itself to as well as taking away from the Hollywood theme since this ride is very heavily themed.

And as far as PKI settling for a ride that is lame, the ride was already planned and being built before PKI took ownership. If PKI wanted to change some od the aspects of the ride, they did have an opportunity to put more $$ into it, but obviously they wanted to spend more for the theming at that time.

I will agree that TG does serve it's purpose for the younger riders. It does provide quite a thrill for them I am sure. And the theming is quite nice. I just wish they PKI could have made it a much longer ride.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First of all SDGC is not made for adults. Hince it is in kiddie land. If you'd read the question you'd realize that we weren't including the kid coasters.

Second Iron Dragon is by far the worst suspended coaster I have ever ridden. Id rather watch grass grow than to ride that borefest. I think someone is a little biased toward CP, and it shows through the lack of knowledge of coasters. There is no need for 2 lift hills on such a boring coaster. When I ride it, it seems like I'm always waiting for it to speed up and it just won't. The only thing potentially good about it, is that it is built over the pond. Comparing TG to ID is like comparing AE to Cedar Creek Mine Ride, there IS no comparison.