New WOF TimberWolf warning sign

user posted image

Worlds of Fun, a Cedar Fair park near Kansas City, MO, has installed this sign on their TimberWolf wooden coaster. I'm assuming that the park put up this sign because people have complained about the rides's roughness. Should other parks like PKI install such signs on coasters like Son of Beast?

I don't think they should. Don't they already have ride intensity signs where you can make your own decision? Sounds like they have been threatened with a lawsuit by the way the claim to take no responsility for your discomfort.

I don't think they should. Don't they already have ride intensity signs where you can make your own decision? Sounds like they have been threatened with a lawsuit by the way the claim to take no responsility for your discomfort.

PKI Beast is right about the intensity signs, they are basically the same thing. If people feel discomfort and they complain, there was a sign warning them, their fault, not the parks.

I think a sign would be good. What you go through on SOB is nothing like on any of the other coasters in the park. I'm in reasonably good shape, and I feel like I've been in a car accident when I get off of SOB. Someone with some back trouble or something might get injured on SOB, whereas they wouldn't on anything else in the park. I don't think you can really compare The Beast to it, either. SOB is much rougher.

I think this is a great move on Cedar Fair's part. I just hope they add sign's like that to all their park's, especially Cedar Point's Mean Streak. I don't really like the "Thrill Rating" system on the sign's, because in my opinion it doesn't really apply to "most of" the wood coasters of the world. (Especially SoB.) Understand that "Coaster Nuts" like most of us, already know and understand that a "good woodie" is going to kick your a** , but to the general public, seeing a 5 rating on Vortex, and then seeing that same rating on SoB, is going to make them expect the same type of thrill. Meaning, a lot smoother of a ride, without having your brains scrambled like eggs. I Agree.

Unfortunately, not every guest bothers to read the fun & safety guides at the front of each ride - especially those that may specially be affected by the rules. I know this, from personal experience as a former employee - from smoking in line, to guests not wearing shoes, proper shorts, and a shirt.

On Friday I rode SOB and experienced a lot of discomfort - but I didn't complain because I actually knew what I was doing - and knew that wood + lots of height + lots of speed = intensity.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok we already have an intensity rating at the beginning of every que line in the park and it gives out ride suggestions such as high blood pressure and heart conditions. Why do we need one more sign? If they are that concerned about it maybe they should ask the greeter or read the sign once in a while.

only reason sob is rough is because of the trains.they are for steel coasters and not wood.but the loop is steel so they cant use the trains like The Beast has.but they should put up signs on the really rough ones to better splane it.people can say i dont understand the rating thing.if the loop wasnt there then sob would be like beast.a good rough.sob by summer may be bad rough.

Even though we all the ride rating system, I think it would be a good idea to put a sign at least on SOB. I agree with the person who said the same rating on another ride doesn't mean it's going to be the same ride experience.