What went wrong?

KIfan73

You know, sometimes I forget face/off is even there. No one ever mentions it. No people that I know that talk about PKI, or on this site. When you think about it rationally, its a decent ride, but its like nobody really cares about it? Any ideas why this is? Or is it just me...

First its too short, and I feel when it came about the year it opened it did'nt get to much attention because of its sister ride dropzone! And if I remember right it broke down a bit in its first year,but overall awseome ride and you can ride with 4 friends facing one another. And another thing maybe its low capacity, and its in a awkward spot in the park.

But cool ride just needed to be longer.

and if pki would market it better!!!!

To tell you the truth, I couldn't care less about it. First of all, its a shuttle coaster, which is short for we don't want to spend the money to put in a full circuit one. Having been on the best B&M inverts in the country, I think this ride is pretty small time. The capacity is lousy and the lines can get long. I don't ride it unless the lines are short. It could be worse though. It could run like Deja Vu and always be broken down.

Yea I think the 5g's are at the bottom of the loop going the 2nd time around. I personally love face/off but I just never ride it much because of the lines. Its a great ride and it makes you lose your sense of direction really fast. They should have made the trains hold like 32 people instead of 28 but other than that I love this ride and yea its in a weird spot but they had that land free and what else is gonna fit right there?

I think Face/Off is a great coaster, just horrible capacity. I try to ride it every time I'm there. The only reason I won't is if it is more than a half hour wait. I think F/O is a pretty intense coaster even though it's short. I have a friend who always panics when you come out of the station backwards up the lift. I don't think it's fair to compare it to a full circuit B&M inverter. A fairer comparison would be an impulse coaster like Wicked Twister at Cedar Point.

Face-Off is by no means a marquee coaster in the park. But I considered it one of PKI's best moves since Paramount took over. They added rides that year, and that's what gets people to the park. Doesn't matter how big, or fast, or long. Just adding a variety of rides is a good thing. When they brought out Face-Off and Drop Zone in the same year I thought that was brilliant. Face-Off, of course, was just a simple little ride, but you need things like that in a park. Everything can't be special.

I think Face off/ fit perfectly into the park. The movie created an opportunity for a perfect name. The ride is short, and has low capacity, but it is fun non the less. It fit in that spot perfectly and is accompanied by 3 other coasters, and 2 major rides in the small area of Action Zone. I also think that it is somewhat sentimental that it occupies the spot of one of the first shuttle loop coasters...screamin demon.

To tell you the truth, I couldn't care less about it. First of all, its a shuttle coaster, which is short for we don't want to spend the money to put in a full circuit one. Having been on the best B&M inverts in the country, I think this ride is pretty small time. The capacity is lousy and the lines can get long. I don't ride it unless the lines are short. It could be worse though. It could run like Deja Vu and always be broken down.

B&M? F/O was built by Vekoma.

I agree with everyone who says that Face Off is a good coaster...just with terrible capacity.

It will never be a headliner...and to be honest, I don't think they ever intended it to be. (That's why it was introduced as a package with DZ...) But, I'm sure it helps with crowd management at the "headliners."

When you get right down to it, it's really still just a Boomerang... A suspended and fun one, yes--but still just a Boomerang.

Joel

To tell you the truth, I couldn't care less about it.  First of all, its a shuttle coaster, which is short for we don't want to spend the money to put in a full circuit one.  Having been on the best B&M inverts in the country, I think this ride is pretty small time.  The capacity is lousy and the lines can get long.  I don't ride it unless the lines are short.  It could be worse though.  It could run like Deja Vu and always be broken down.

B&M? F/O was built by Vekoma.

where did he say it was a b&m? He was caomparing it to b&m inverts.

While capacity does suck, I find Face Off to be a very intense, fun ride. If only it had a higher capacity, I would be able to enjoy it more. You have to remember though, that when they added Face Off they also added Drop Zone, so they added some capacity to the park capacity that season because they didn`t remove any rides.

Yeah, I was comparing it to a B&M, not calling it one. Vekoma inverts aren't even in the same league as Beemers are. On second thought, if you are going to have a Vekoma invert, make it as short as possible so it's over quickly. A ride on Face Off is better than a ride on Thunderhawk in my book.

I enjoy a few rides on Face/Off here and there. Like many of us, I don't ride it often because of the long lines that result from the low capacity. But it was a good investment, and I'm sure PKI is committed to it, especially with the brand new repaint job - looks great! It's very intense, what makes it great.

If they would touch-up the coasters more often than waiting several years for a complete repaint...

And for the complete circuit Vekoma's, I'll take Thunderhawk over T2, especially since the former is getting some new paint. Geauga Lake is slowly getting better.

Whoever put F/O right next to the front entrance was a genius! Its signature "CLUNK! (pause) SCREAM!" seems to work as a kind of "Just look what we have in store for you!" sign for new visitors to the park. It shows the excitement of PKI in one, swift stroke (sorry, Mr. Lucas). cool.gif

• 1 month later...
You know, sometimes I forget face/off is even there. No one ever mentions it. No people that I know that talk about PKI, or on this site. When you think about it rationally, its a decent ride, but its like nobody really cares about it? Any ideas why this is? Or is it just me...

How well would it have done if it were at PKD also.

The thing i like most about it is the lack of head banging that many Vekoma inverts are famous for. I actually dont mind the long lines. Its actually pretty fun being right next to the ride seeing all their faces on it. That chews away alot of the boring standing in line imo.

I love Face Off. It is unique, as you do "face off". Yeah, the capacity sucks and the ride is short. Too bad they don't have a dual racing Face Off. It wouldn't cost that much and NO ONE ELSE would have one.

It wouldn`t cost that much to make a racing Face Off? Unless I am missing something to make Face Off a racing coaster, they would have had to buy another coaster, effectively doubling the cost. And Face Off cost about $10 million (Drop Zone also cost around that much if I remember correctly.) Personally, I would much rather they bought Drop Zone (like they did) then invest it in another Face Off just for the sake of capacity.