You might be a KI addict if you...

Captain Nemo

• 1 month later...
you might be a ki addict if you dumped your girl friend because she doesnt like ki

I was dating a guy for about 2 weeks when he told me he doesn't ride anything that goes upside down.

That one didn't last much longer. I ride the tallest, fastest scream machines around, and if you go to a park with me, you'd better be in the seat next to me, not the scaredy-cat watching from the sidelines.

Anyway,

You might be a KI addict if:

- You are at CP, see MaxAir, and automatically think Delirium.

- You know the FOF "movie" by heart.

- You get mad when all the Stunt Crew Grill seats closest to the center of Action Zone are taken, because you wanted to watch Drop Tower while you ate.

- You no longer jump or hold your ears when you're next in line for Invertigo and the train goes roaring through the station.

I ride the tallest, fastest scream machines around, and if you go to a park with me, you'd better be in the seat next to me, not the scaredy-cat watching from the sidelines.

Just to clarify, you did forget the * that excludes Power Tower and Drop Tower from that mission statement, right?

But I love the 'Going full Force' to CP in your sig!! :lol:

I ride the tallest, fastest scream machines around, and if you go to a park with me, you'd better be in the seat next to me, not the scaredy-cat watching from the sidelines.

Just to clarify, you did forget the * that excludes Power Tower and Drop Tower from that mission statement, right?

But I love the 'Going full Force' to CP in your sig!! :lol:

If someone is truly terrified, I won't make them ride it. I know several people who love coasters, but are scared to death of free fall towers.

I have a friend that can not ride anything that spins or she will get sick. She can't even ride Delirium without puking, but she will ride all the big coasters and drop rides with me, so it's all good.

I'm a pretty understanding person. But if your list of things you won't ride is pretty much a list of my favorites, I probably won't include you in my plans.

1. Your boss "borrowed" your laptop to block KICentral.com from your web browser.

2. You started bringing in your own personal laptop to avoid KICentral.com blockage.

3. You've been caught shaking your Beast snowglobe during critical productivity meetings.

4. You have black and white, laser-printed photos of The Beast on the walls of your office instead of photos of family members.

5. You see any kind of wiring or roping and you immediately think of the out-of-station 180 on The Beast.

6. During any dusk, evening or late-night drive through the woods, you stick your head out the window and look forward to the helix.

7. You've placed a sign reading "No Step" on a damaged step or stair because that's what it says on the belt covering the wheels of The Vortex trains.

8. You still brag about "getting stuck" on the finale lift of Adventure Express in its premier season.

9. You think back to the late 80s and early 90s and remember the yearly heartbreak when you climbed confidently on the "bicycle seat" outside King Cobra, only to find you STILL weren't tall enough #$@%^%$@#%@.

10. You remember how scared you were of the Whitewater Canyon, and how you only got on because your grandmother swore she'd "protect you," only to get soaked anyway and remain scared for life.

11. You loved the annual trips to KI, but also knew in the back of your mind the day-long visit to Trader's World that awaited after all the fun.

12. You still try and look for the yellow Beast footprints.

13. You still have chlorine and bathing suit threads up your rear end from the really tall, steep waterslide at WaterWorks.

14. You are cruising down I-71 at 1 am coming back from a game and you slow down to 43 mph to catch a glimpse of twin flood lights rising above the trees in the distance.

15. You've successfully put off your Thursday morning responsibilities compiling this list.

Well, I could probably ride the drop rides if I had to....would you ever hold the hand of a nervous rider?! :D

Of course!

I got a friend who is terrified of heights to throw her hands up on Drop Tower the second time we rode it together.

It's a process, not an impulsive reaction for most people. If you ride 3 times in a row, and follow my instructions, soon you will be free falling with your hands in the air.

Don't look up, for God's sake DON'T LOOK DOWN, and (I know this sounds nuts, but) take a deep breath and let it out slowly, and try to relax as you enjoy the view going up.

When you're ready, try to release your fingers from the handles, still holding on with your palms and thumbs (I know a lot of people go up holding on for dear life). Next time you ride, try to ride with your hands resting on your legs. The next time you ride, you should be able to throw your hands in the air when it drops.

You might be a KI addict if you download songs you heard at the park, burn them onto a CD, and jam to it while you're driving.

You might be a KI addict if you're at Cedar Point, see Maxair, and automatically think "Delirium!"

You might be a KI addict if you no longer jump and get wide-eyed at the sound of the FOF launch.

Guilty, guilty, and guilty. ;)

You might be a KI addict if you meet a woman for the first time and ask her if she likes KI before you ask her name.....

No wonder I'm still single....LOL!!!!!

I dated a guy who, when I asked him if he liked KI, said that he doesn't like heights or anything that goes upside down.. I was like, wow you just knocked out all my favorites in one shot..

I have been going through the list nodding as well. I also have a CD of Kings Island songs that I listen to in the car frequently. Here's my list...

You might be a KI addict if you...

Have skipped several family get-togethers including a wedding to go to KI.

Think nothing of a 2 1/2 hour drive one way to get to KI.

Can't sleep at night and imagine you are on one of KI's coasters instead of counting sheep.

Have your 8 and 6 year old nieces exclaiming "Kings Island is the BEST place on earth!!" (I'm so proud!!)

Respond with "A 2009 season pass to Kings Island" when asked what you want for Christmas, and also fully intend to give a few passes as gifts.