Traditions

Jasper

I have two traditions. If I ride Viking Fury, I still continue the "Taste Great, Less Filling" chant. The second one I have been doing for as long as I can remember. In the Paramount Story, I used to always act out Indy's part when he's about to grab that idol from the boobytrapped pedestal. I still do it today, nearly every time I'm in the park. Call me a dork if you must, but it's still fun to do.

Well, for this season, your tradition of visiting the campground will be impossible. According to the PKI website though, a new campground will be ready for next season. I really don`t have any "traditions" when I visit the park. When I go there, it is to enjoy myself, have fun, hang out with friends, and forget about the troubles of school/work for a couple of hours.

before I started working there, everytime I visited the park I had to have 3 things... Blue icecream, a funnel cake, Larosa pizza by the fountain at night.

Also I too still use the taste great/less filling on the Viking ship, where did that come from, and why doesn't anyone do it anymore?

"Also I too still use the taste great/less filling on the Viking ship, where did that come from, and why doesn't anyone do it anymore?"

It comes from I believe an old Coors light beer commercial. I guess people started doing that because of the popularity. I would say that no one does it any more because that commercial phrase hasn't been around in a long time.

Opening day of the water park a bunch of us would grill out at 900am in the parking lot .

until pki security kinda frowned on it , So now we show up with KFC and jim's fold up picnic table that comes with ants that decided to hibernate in the wood. no pinic's complete without ants.

My tradition is to always try to get by the picture folks on international street withough getting our pictures taken. I would always sing that Mission Impossible theme song and kinda sneak by with a crowd and hope the crowd gets hit and not me. It's become harder since they have backed away from the main gate area and are closer to the paths, so the crowds thin out a bit and makes it easier for them to catch ya. It's silly, but fun.

1) This may be my favorite part of the park. I love just before you go through the gates, and its a sunny day, of course. I love the view, I love to hear the music playing and seeing everybody heading in, and hearing the fountains. Might be my favorite part of the day.

2) Of course, dodging the picture takers, unless I'm there on a date.

3) Eiffel Tower, Flower Clock, LaRosa's in RT, Vortex, Adventure Express, TG, and then whatever rides I can cram in.

I love the sound of the music and remembering where we parked. The walk there is also good. But my favorite part is the good ol' first one to see the tower game. Most of the time you see drop zone first though.

Back when I was still in school, my Mother and I always had a tradition of going to PKI on the Friday before Memorial day. The park was always either open to the public, and for a couple years PKI had a season pass private party on that night. One of my other traditions I use to have, I use to go to Vortex for the last hour of the night, and ride it over and over again, until the fireworks went off.

Having been going to PKI for over 20 years, I have quite a few traditions:

1.) ALWAYS ride The Beast at night. And even if we get off and the park is still open for a few more minutes, we don't allow ourselves to ride anything else. The nighttime ride on The Beast is the perfect end to the day.

2.) On the Pirate Ride, my friends and I started going "Aaarrrrrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!" when our end goes up the air.

3.) I'm from Detroit and we don't have Skyline Chili. So it's always a MUST to get a 3-way.

4.) We usually go for a 3-day trip to Spirit Song. Thursday and Friday we hit the park all day straight. By Saturday we're so tired and the park is so crowded that we usually just hit a movie in the afternoon and then go to the park at night.

Hey I'm sorta new here. I posted here last summer though for the life of me I can't remember my screenname.

Anyway on with my traditions.

When I was a kid

When we were little my parents would take us kids to this Ponderosa (It was on the outskirts of Cinnci but I don't remember where) for breakfast. The restaurant has long since closed.

First thing we we would do once we entered the park was to take pictures with any costume characters hanging around the front of the park. Then it was off to Hanna Barbera Land to ride the Smurf ride.

Traditions now

I live in Indianapolis Indiana so I hop on I74 and take that into Ohio. There is this McDonalds right there at the on ramp that we always stop at in the morning on our way.

The first thing I do now when we enter the park is go to the bathroom. Yes I go to the one closest to the employee enterance.

Next if there is a new ride open we ride that first and get it out of the way since the lines will get longer as the day goes on.

If there is not a new ride the first thing we ride is The Beast.

Then there is the traditional "smurf cone" that my sister and I have to get. I know that they are not called smurf cones but that is what my sister and I called them as kids because they were blue.

Then of course the traditional Beast ride at night. It is the best time to ride it.