New attraction poll

Captain Nemo

^ True but I think paramount is keen of making the Addams Family a different type of attraction...think Exterimator at Kennywood...and PKI/Paramount Parks would not need B&M to make a dive machine for them there are in fact others out there that would do it you guys might just see the addams but you wont see a B&M sorry to burst anyones bubble.

It wouldn't have to be a B&M dive machine. It could easily be a Gerstlauer Eurofighter. So, still no B&M.

Why won't PKI buy from B&M? That's a really good question. I know that B&M's cost more money to build, but, you're also paying for a nearly flawless safety record and immense reliability. But, I guess their too cheap. dry.gif

I guess that something good, smooth, thrilling, high in capacity, and something people want to ride several times isn't what they want, even if they want to keep PKI the #1 seasonal park. Don't get it.

And my resopnse to those who say that a B&M won't fit in at PKI: Why does Kentucky Kingdom have one?

I guess that something good, smooth, thrilling, high in capacity, and something people want to ride several times isn't what they want, even if they want to keep PKI the #1 seasonal park.  Don't get it.

And my resopnse to those who say that a B&M won't fit in at PKI:  Why does Kentucky Kingdom have one?

You also have to think that familes don't care about the worlds tallest or fastest. Families want something to do forevery one. Right now the kiddie rides need an impovement so that is what you will be seening. They have plenty of rides and honestly I really dont think they need another major coaster for a few years yet. They have been doing a great job and I love the atosphere of the park.

Cause Six Flags sucks and they dont know what they are doing.

Honestly, I'm expecting that there will be a kids area revamp/expansion for 2006, and that's cool, since the park has won awards for it.

Here's an article of an interview of Walter Bolliger, the co-founder of Bolliger and Mabillard.

A second article with Bolliger about BGT's SheiKra.

If I can find families that enjoy coasters by Arrow, Vekoma, Premier, and Intamin, I don't know they can't really enyou B&M's. Take Raptor at Cedar Point, or Raging Bull at SFGAm. They may have long lines, but they move quickly. And I often saw people who just got off these rides get back in line. Did I see families ride together? Absolutely! In fact, I'd argue that B&M makes family-friendly trains because they seat four-across.

Also, B&M is not about being the tallest and fastest, nor using linear induction motors or non-gravity acceleration, but rather "imitating flight".

Bolliger wants people to get off SheiKra with smiles on their faces. Passengers on wooden coasters have a different feeling when they get off, he said. ``They feel brave that they survived, but never want to go on the ride again.''

That's why I believe those statements that PKI isn't a good place to get a B&M in the next few years are BS.

You also have to think that familes don't care about the worlds tallest or fastest. Families want something to do forevery one.

What B&M coaster is close to being the tallest or fastest??? They are all just fun! B&M's are great for families, they're smooth, not overly scary, and have great line speed. Plus they are fun! Even seaworld has B&M's.

adams family coaster would suck. PKI has to many darn themed rides. They don't need anymore! They all suck. IJST will not be re-ridable ride. It will be boring as hell the first time. In the long run a b&m would be cheaper. Think about how much cash it will take to keep ijst up and going with all the effects. Paramount parks think they are better than disney and universal for theming when they do a poor job. Just build some thrilling rides and call it a day.

I'd like to see a B&M. I love theming and I think it's great that PKI wants to theme rides but they can't half-ass it like they have appeared to do with IJ:ST. I want a coaster that can stand on its own and then add theming. If your going to do themeing it needs to be all out like IOA or how Golden Kingdom at SFGADV appears to be with Kingda Ka. I like themeing but Paramount dosen't seem to want to spend enough to go all out like Six Flags did with Kingda Ka, so if their not going to go full out and shell out the money I just want a good solid ride that a B&M would provide.

Also for those of you who say a B&M will never come to PKI think about this. The most recent survey had Top Gun the B&M invert. PC & PGA already have one so that leaves PKI, PKD, PCW. Next year its rumored PKD is getting Adam's family (see other thread) so that leaves PKI and PCW in the near future. PCW already has a Top Gun invert by vekoma so its doubtful they'd get it. That would leave PKI to get a possible B&M invert, which if you say well we already have a top gun, it wouldn't be that hard to change the theme of the one we already have or change the theme of the B&M to like WOTW or something. Just a possibility to think about.

In my opinion, coasters by themselves are getting dull. They need something to make them interesting and different..theming. How many coasters can you name that have a chopper firing at you in the middle of it. Let's face it, there's nothing new a coaster can do. They can't get higher, they can't get faster, we used every turn and angle physically possible in every imaginable sequence and combination. IJST has the first original idea i've heard in a long time: the fishtail...and that's technically theming. Theming is the future of this park, and I say hooray for that. My vote goes for Addams Family.

You also have to think that familes don't care about the worlds tallest or fastest.  Families want something to do forevery one.

What B&M coaster is close to being the tallest or fastest??? They are all just fun! B&M's are great for families, they're smooth, not overly scary, and have great line speed. Plus they are fun! Even seaworld has B&M's.

I think you hit home what I was trying to say!

In my opinion, coasters by themselves are getting dull. They need something to make them interesting and different..theming. How many coasters can you name that have a chopper firing at you in the middle of it. Let's face it, there's nothing new a coaster can do. They can't get higher, they can't get faster, we used every turn and angle physically possible in every imaginable sequence and combination. IJST has the first original idea i've heard in a long time: the fishtail...and that's technically theming. Theming is the future of this park, and I say hooray for that. My vote goes for Addams Family.

send me some of what you are smoking!

Sure, it's called reality. First off, there's nothing wrong with my opinion. I like themed rides better than ordinary coasters, deal with it. Secondly, if you can think of something (realistic) that hasn't been done on a coaster yet, and doesn't involve theming, you let me know. Lastly, about the 'future' of the park, look around. Everyone here is waiting for the ultimate coaster to end all coasters which is never going to happen. Everyone hoping for that is in denial. The evidence of what the park is into now is everywhere. IJST, TRTR, SDatHC, Happy Days Diner, Wildthornberry's R.A., all of HB/NC, FoF, etc. I don't know about the rest of you, but to me that spells "we love theming now" very clearly.

Sure, it's called reality. First off, there's nothing wrong with my opinion. I like themed rides better than ordinary coasters, deal with it. Secondly, if you can think of something (realistic) that hasn't been done on a coaster yet, and doesn't involve theming, you let me know. Lastly, about the 'future' of the park, look around. Everyone here is waiting for the ultimate coaster to end all coasters which is never going to happen. Everyone hoping for that is in denial. The evidence of what the park is into now is everywhere. IJST, TRTR, SDatHC, Happy Days Diner, Wildthornberry's R.A., all of HB/NC, FoF, etc. I don't know about the rest of you, but to me that spells "we love theming now" very clearly.

again, sell me some of what you are smoking!javascript:emoticon:lol:

I would have to go with a B&M. Vortex isn't getting any younger, SOB is a rib and knee breaker, Top Gun and Face Off are too short, and most of the others fall in the tame category. Beast, FOF, and Racer are all good coasters, but as much as I love PKI, I still think that they fall a little short in the coaster quality category. I have yet to ride a bad or even a mediocre Beemer, and I don't understand why PKI has chosen to pass on B&M year after year, despite their impeccable track record. No invert, no floorless, no megacoaster. Now B&M has the dive machine and flyer technology that few have tapped into yet. It couldn't be a better time for PKI to buy one.

Honestly, I think that any B&M can stand on it's own without any theming whatsoever, but since when is it not an option to theme a big coaster. A little park called Islands of Adventure themed two Beemers (very well I might add). Hulk and Dueling Dragons are held in high regard in theme park circles. Spend some of that moldy money and buy us a themed Beemer. Guaranteed attendance booster and people mover.

Player, you're full of it. I guess you need to be updated to what everyone else here has known for a couple of years now. PKI is out of the coaster race and are concentrating on family rides and heavily themed rides. Welcome to the next century. stupid.gif

The evidence of what the park is into now is everywhere. IJST, TRTR, SDatHC, Happy Days Diner, Wildthornberry's R.A., all of HB/NC, FoF, etc. I don't know about the rest of you, but to me that spells "we love theming now" very clearly.

I'm not happy with the fact that Bubba gumps falls in the category of "etc". Just for that I'm going to have to agree with Player and ask what you're smoking?

However you're right! We're in the new age of Paramount Parks. This isn't your taft broadcasting park anymore. We're not bringing in any worlds 1st. But...On the other hand I would have to say that we're on the bottom of the food chain in theme parks right now. First, Paramount parks is the only seasonal and regional movie park chain, meaning we are at a serious disadvantage financially. The big year round desitination parks have the cash to build huge rides and spend tons of money on theming at the same time. Compare our themed rides to any other the other theme parks and its' obvious how far short we fall. IJST will have nothing on Return of the mummy. TR, SDATHC, WT, non of them come close to meeting the standards that have been set by Disney and universal. IMO we're coming off looking like cheap imitations. The one thing we have going for us is our world class kids area. We are in an interesting niche right now. we're not really competing with the other regional parks, but we can't compete with the big boys. I say we need something big like the Dragons, Hulk, Expedition Everist, ROTM or something along those lines before we can be taken seriously as a theme park. I think a themed B&M Inverted or Flyer will really set us apart. How about dueling Flyers? Look how the Dragons put IOA on the map. Everyone in the world has seen those babies on TV at some point in time. We are still one coaster away from being an absolutly blockbuster park. SOB was supposed to break us through, but we all know what happened with that. We need something Huge, something fun, something well themed, entertaining, and something that moves people.