New attraction poll

Captain Nemo

In my opinion, coasters by themselves are getting dull. They need something to make them interesting and different..theming. How many coasters can you name that have a chopper firing at you in the middle of it. Let's face it, there's nothing new a coaster can do. They can't get higher, they can't get faster, we used every turn and angle physically possible in every imaginable sequence and combination. IJST has the first original idea i've heard in a long time: the fishtail...and that's technically theming. Theming is the future of this park, and I say hooray for that. My vote goes for Addams Family.

AlienSeed you took the words right outta my mouth! PKI isnt gonna get a coaster for the shake of coaster they want to give Hollywood-sized type attractions and thats fine by me besides I perfer 50% Thrills 50% Themes.

Why not 100% and 100%? Another thing about the big parks is that they don't put in new rides every year. Sure IOA can have massive rides that are heavily themed...whens the last time they put in a new ride? I'd be cool if KI didn't put in new rides every year, if we could get something like a Incredible Hulk, or a superman, or Jurrasic Park.

"They can't get higher, they can't get faster"

Sure they can. What makes you think coasters can't go higher or faster? No one thought that the 200feet that Magnum XL200 had would ever be broken. Now look...you've had Millennium Force, Steel Dragon 2000, Top Thrill Dragster, and now Kingda Ka, all separated by a mere few years. Maybe you won't see the records broken as often, but nothing suggests you can't go higher or faster.

When I say higher and faster, I'm actually referring to them in conjunction with each other. Of course coasters can technically get higher..(put one on a skyscraper and you've accomplished that). What I mean is height for the sake of speed. I don't think coasters can get much faster than 120 mph, or whatever Kingda Ka is. Your average person won't be able to handle much more than that. I know I was practically in shock after riding Top Thrill Dragster. I could never imagine coasters going that fast. Now, after having ridden it, I definitely feel that that range of speed is pushing the limits of safety and comfort, and that coasters shouldn't, and probably won't get much faster than that.

B&M coaster! PKI is in desperate need of a B&M of any sort. They are high-quality ride and deliver a great run, all while keeping the PPH up (which also depends on the ride-ops). They stand the test of time, and remain very popular years later (look at Raptor). PKI does NOT need another themed coaster, we need inversions! My opinion tho...

^ I Agree with Pyro, We could handle a B&M here at PKI, PC and PGA are the two paramount parks with B&M's, why doesn't PKI & PKD and PCW get one for cryin out loud. tongue.gif

Seriously... you act like we're at a serious disadvantage. There are probably only 100 people on earth that would notice something like that, and they're all on here.

I feel that PKI is a great park. Its a mixture of C.P and IOA in terms of rides and theming. SOB may be rough, but it still is thrilling and full of speed. Top Gun easily beats Iron Dragon. Nothing comes close to The Beast. Vortex fills the spot for the mega looping rides. B&M isn't the only good ride manufacturer out there. I think that we have great rides here and ones with theming that is better than most parks. Sooner or later they will get a ride that we've all been waiting for and shortly after that we will all be complaining for another ride. The problem is that CP is running out of space. I dont see them adding as many rides that they have in the past decade again and will have to start removing rides. IOA, in my opinion, isn't big enough. I liked 3 rides in that park. One day there is more than enough. All in all, i feel that PKI is on top of all the Paramount parks in terms of size and rides. I've been to PKD and Carowinds and wasn't impressed with their collection. We have great coasters and great flats.

I don't know. Everyone on here says that PKI is now all about themeing after their movies and that they aren't building big or fast any more. There are some discrepencies to this overall analysis though. 1st being Delirium which was built in 2002. It isn't themed and it isn't after any movie and it was the biggest, faster, tallest frisbee when opened. Then 2nd look at SOB it opened in 2000 which isn't that long ago at all. It isn't themed and isn't after a movie and it for sure was about height and speed. When it opened it was built to be and many enthusists thought it would be the greatest wooden coaster in the world. Although it fell short I think that Paramount overall isn't done with big rollercoasters. Look at the survery they had the flying tilt top gun coaster and the B&M invert Top Gun. I think that although right now they are for the most part focusing on themeing I think in a few years we will all be surprized with something big.

We already have a Top Gun ride that works fine and brings in people, the problem iwth a B&M is that there arent that many movies in the first place that you can theme a coaster too and while paramount has some great ones they dont have that many right now, not really any movie that I can think of that could be themed with a B&M coaster, but theres always imagination. If a B&M comes it would most likely be a dive machine built for Adams Family, if we were to get that.

How about "Other" or "None of the above"? Personally, I'd like to see Huss' Giant Top Spin ride. Their 2 most recent rides at PKI (Delirium and Tomb Raider: The Ride) have been a huge success, and this looks like a really fun ride. It would also give us another way to compete with Six Flags in Aurora, Ohio (they've got the regular "Top Spin" (called The Tornado))

Poll seems a little one sided, doesn't it? 75% want a B&M coaster over an AF coaster, but there's no big surprise there. I'd perfer a B&M over just about any other ride, yet alone an Adams Family coaster, something I personaly wouldn't care about, partly due to the theming, and partly due to what I can picture the ride to look like, and it's statistacs. As far as the conern that the Adams Family coaster "wouldn't draw as many people due to it being a dark ride", for one, it really wouldn't be a dark ride, or as I guess you would say, a "dark coaster", nor do I agree that it would be a B&M It is true that it wouldn't draw as much attraction as a B&M, but that's just rediculous.

How about "Other" or "None of the above"? Personally, I'd like to see Huss' Giant Top Spin ride. Their 2 most recent rides at PKI (Delirium and Tomb Raider: The Ride) have been a huge success, and this looks like a really fun ride. It would also give us another way to compete with Six Flags in Aurora, Ohio (they've got the regular "Top Spin" (called The Tornado))

oldies man you need to get back to reality. There is no Six flag ohio anymore!

^Haha, not to be mean but TR:TR is a Giant Huss Top Spin.

No it isn't... It might be based on Giant Top Spin, but it's not the same ride.

Also, a few minor editorial comments regarding my last post.

Six Flags no longer owns the park I was referring to (Six Flags Worlds of Adventure).

The park is now owned by CedarFair LP (same group that owns Cedar Point) and is called Geauga Lake & Wildwater Kingdom.

The ride I was referring to is now called Texas Twister.

Player - I was going by what was on Huss' site, and didn't realize that Six Flags no longer owned that park. They do however have a small water park in the Columbus area (Six Flags Wyandot Lake).

^Haha, not to be mean but TR:TR is a Giant Huss Top Spin.

No it isn't... It might be based on Giant Top Spin, but it's not the same ride.

Also, a few minor editorial comments regarding my last post.

Six Flags no longer owns the park I was referring to (Six Flags Worlds of Adventure).

The park is now owned by CedarFair LP (same group that owns Cedar Point) and is called Geauga Lake & Wildwater Kingdom.

The ride I was referring to is now called Texas Twister.

Player - I was going by what was on Huss' site, and didn't realize that Six Flags no longer owned that park. They do however have a small water park in the Columbus area (Six Flags Wyandot Lake).

yes, and its a great waterpark! I have ridden the top spin at geuaga lake and it is more thrilling than trtr.

^It is the only Giant Top Spin in the world. And, probably the last too if Huss doesn't figure out how to keep them going with less problems and better programming.

On the other hand, Texas Twister is not a Giant Top Spin, just a regular Top Spin.

Right off The Bat I just wanna say this poll is onesided and not fair to those of use that want an Addams Family themed Coaster I think if one of the paramount parks installed the addams it would rack in the money at least I was told paramount parks devlop. are planning the addams for one of their parks.I wouldnt mind antoher flat maybe a Jump2 or something along those lines. wacko.gif

Right off The Bat I just wanna say this poll is onesided and not fair to those of use that want an Addams Family themed Coaster I think if one of the paramount parks installed the addams it would rack in the money at least I was told paramount parks devlop. are planning the addams for one of their parks.I wouldnt mind antoher flat maybe a Jump2 or something along those lines. wacko.gif

Well, all polls will lean to one or another. It's all what people think and I for one think most are split on the two (including non-pkic users)

What i found out is that the people that go to PKI all the time r the ones complaining saying that they dont have enough ride or good ones in that matter. I've been there one time n' think it is my number 2 fav park next to Cedar Point....if u want to do everything u need 2 days..its big.clean..n' tons of great rides n' far betteer theeming than C.P. they may not win the steel race next to cp but they have far better woodies here. n' other rides like.. Top gun is far better than iron dragon n' corkscrew doesn't even come close to Vortex...PKI does have great rides here...the people who go there all the time r just bored n' sick n' tired of them. I think the people who always go to C.P feel the same way bout their place at times as well. I really dont think they even need to add ne thing big next year with the addition of IJSt this year.

What i found out is that the people that go to PKI all the time r the ones complaining saying that they dont have enough ride or good ones in that matter. I've been there one time n' think it is my number 2 fav park next to Cedar Point....if u want to do everything u need 2 days..its big.clean..n' tons of great rides n' far betteer theeming than C.P. they may not win the steel race next to cp but they have far better woodies here. n' other rides like.. Top gun is far better than iron dragon n' corkscrew doesn't even come close to Vortex...PKI does have great rides here...the people who go there all the time r just bored n' sick n' tired of them. I think the people who always go to C.P feel the same way bout their place at times as well. I really dont think they even need to add ne thing big next year with the addition of IJSt this year.

"What i found out" is that this is a new attraction poll, not a PKI-Cedar Point debate.