Why is Kings Island so great?

FOF/Z 4-ever

Everyone keeps talking about how great PKI is and I wanted to start a post where everyone can write and tell us why they think KI is such a great place to be at. If you work there or not, please tell us your stories and tell us why you think that.

For me, it has to be the crews and the atmosphere. From the time we start in March til the time we end in November, we are with each other almost everyday 24 hrs, 7 days (sometimes 8 days, lol) a week. Espically when we are in full season. We get to know each other more then just friends, almost like a huge family. We have fun and always try to make the day even better. Of course we all have our ups and downs, but thats what holds us all together.

By the time the season comes to an end, we are all ready for the break and are counting down the days when KI will close for the season. However, after a month of KI being close, we get "home sick" and can't wait til the season opens up in march. But, when it opens up again, we all get back together and the good times start again.

Doing this for over 4 years was a great wonderful experience that I will never forget. To all my good friends, I miss you and we need to get back together again!

I think more than anything I really feel at home there. I have had the blessing of becoming friends with many employees and fans, which is something that I wouldn't trade for anything. The best part of going to the park is the darn near 100% guarentee that I'll run into somebody I know.

I think that it's an ideal sense of community. Someplace you can go with your family and friends, run into others you know. A chance to have a wild, one of a kind experience that you know you will be safe after doing. A very safe environment, from the midways to the rides themselves. And most imprortantly, a chance to get away from the chores, bills, and strife we all wish would go away.

Did I say lots of roller coasters?

As an employee, the park creates an oppourtunity for many many good friendships to blossom. It is a fun job despite what some may say, and it has great perks!

As a guest, the park is just fun. Its a big park with lots to do for the whole family. Plenty of rides and coasters, stores, restaurants, and shows for everyone. Its an oppourtunity for some to experience their favorite movies. Also for being a theme park, it is still very scenic and appealing to relaxation. Like smurff said, its a great enviroment to just walk around. It is also a very safe and secure place to be. You don't see a lot of bad things happening at the park. We take a lot of extra precautions to make sure things stay that way. There's a reason we haven't had any major accidents in over 10 years, and why if you ask any security guard what his day entails and the most exciting thing he can say is reuniting lost kids with their parents. PKI is just an all around great place to be.

It is definitely the atmosphere. International Street is the most impressive and amazing entry area of any park, and it really puts you in the mood for the adventures to come. It was a fun escape for me when I was as young as 6 and it is as a 30- something adult. While I do not agree with all the changes I have seen over the years, overall it remains the best theme park out there and it feels special just to be there. It really is an escape from the drudgery of regular life...