Paramount's Kings Dominion

Here, I will update stuff going on at pkd... also this is a random topic of pkd too meaning that you can talk about random stuff related to pkd. Have fun! biggrin.gif Oh yeah, one more thing... this is the last pkd topic! tongue.gif

*UPDATE* - pkd is working on the Diamond Falls area that was taken out in 2002. They are starting early this year so what do you think? A coaster? A flat? Another area expansion? Many thing can come in 2006. smile.gif

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is one of my goals to visit PKD. It looks to me like you guys have a pretty good selection of coasters. And, even though I've been on FOF, I would have to ride the one over there since it is one of my favies at PKI.

I have heard the rumor that PKD will be getting a new coaster next year. I'm guessing one of the Top Gun coasters in the last survey.

From what I have heard (and I don't know really anything and I'm not prentending to) but I have heard that Hypersonic is going to be removed very soon either before 2006 or 2007 season due to the fact that its repair and maintence is getting to be insane and the ride is just kind of falling apart. So I believe that PKD will get a new coaster next year because 1. They haven't gotten a new coaster since 2002 so they're probably due and 2. If Hypersonic (one of their bigger coasters) is removed they will need a new coaster to compensate for its lose.

I found out last weekend(nasty weekend to work) what PKD has in store for 2006 I was told it's ment to be HUGE and very unique it's gonna be huge for PKD kinda like how TR:TR was for PKI when it first opened it's something PKIfanboys and girls have been wanting PKI to get for what seems like a while now. I was blown away and cant wait I'm already planning a trip to PKD next spring thats how big this news is or will be once paramount parks let the cat outta the bag.

*UPDATE*

As it says on anmpkd this is the 2005/2006 plans (below)

2005/2006 Plans

Submitted: August 3rd, 2004 by Anonyms

The new 2005 ride is going to be an outdoor version of the Tomb Rader ride at Paramount's Kings Island. Secondly they have a coaster on order for 2006 which is in the design stage. It's meant to be something special! Also they are considdering removing Hypersonic within 5 years, as the upkeep is getting expensive.

^Notice that it is by Anonyms and the 2005 plans was right before anyone had knew it. Im sure a big turn up is in store for Kings Dominion in 2006! biggrin.gif

*UPDATE!*

See... they just started taking out all the Diamond Falls stuff and doing ground work there just last past weekend... I bet this is something big! Also we are thinking that they will move the water park back next year because work is starting so early and Mr. Sanppilpo wants to maove it back behind rebel yell. Never know! (picture below)

user posted image

Look what happens when the train on Anaconda goes into the underwater tunnel! Anaconda is an enjoyable ride! Keep your head back on the head banging part and you won't get your head banged. (pic below of Anaconda entering the underwater tunnel.) Oh yeah when the train comes back out on the other end of the tunnel... water splashes too. biggrin.gif

user posted image

So will Congo Falls be coming out of PKI next? Diamond Falls is just a clone of Congo/Amazon Falls at PKI. I know their is not alot of room over in that area of Action Zone but a good size flat would be nice. Unless they take out Timber Woof and PKI would have the same size land as PKD.

^Good point it could be considering it dosen't look large enough for a hyper but Adams family could work. Personally, although the Adam's family idea was interesting it has never really interested me too much, but thats probably because I never watched the Adams Family. Seems weird to theme a ride after something that was made decades ago that lots of younger people don't even know about.

^^Whoa! Addams Family is loved by millions and millions of people the younger set can still check the addams family out on TVland and Nick at nite all the time with another fav of mine The Munsters the addams family has 3 cartoon series and 2 movies I think the younger set will learn to love The Addams family if it is that addams family ride...after all PKD getting the addams would be HUGE!

Well Gigglinggreenghost, if what your saying is true then PKD must be the first paramount park to be getting a hyper coaster by either intamin or b&m considering thats the only huge thing that we here have been wanting a long time.

Nope this upcoming ''attraction'' has been talked about on these PKIc boards for a while now.