Paramount's Kings Dominion

The kid is a PKD fanboy on a PKI site trying to tell the PKI fans his park and coasters are better.  It's entertaining.

I agree.

PKD4LIFE... Rebel Yell goes 55mph, you think a offical park site is going to tell the truth over a database? That's like believing everything the Travel Channel says about Universal, Disney, or Cedar Point...... lies. And "I suggest you shoud that big dam hole in your mouth!" cause you're giving PKD and all fans of PKD a bad name.

I was to state I have no affiliation with PKD4LIFE and anything he may say...

I agree, you can't believe any park sites. Just because Cedar Point still has a sign saying TTD is the tallest coaster and the pre-ride recording still says that its the tallest and fastest dosen't mean that it actually is.

Also, I agree with Firefall PKD in which park is the best is your personal preference. Technically some one could enjoy SFKK more than PKI and they would think SFKK is better than PKI and you couldn't convince them differentley by saying well PKI has more records, it dosen't matter, as long as they still find SFKK better. (now I know thats a stretch, but I think you understand the point.)

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...but honestly compare PKI to anoy Paramount park and PKI is gonna comne out on top...

Not coming to any conclusions, since I have yet to visit PKI....

But technically doesn't it really depend on personal preferance which park comes out on top...? Again not saying that PKI isn't bad or anything.

I know its just personal opinion, im jsut messing with PKD4LIFE to get him stirred up

Honestly... I don't like PKD that much anymore. I dun wanna be a BIG "pkd geek" when I grow up. laugh.gif Right now Im tryin' to get my rep stright instead of talkin' to people soo much bout pkd. This doen't mean I hate pkd now. It just mean I don't like it much anymore. rolleyes.gif

Honestly... I don't like PKD that much anymore. I dun wanna be a BIG "pkd geek" when I grow up. laugh.gif Right now Im tryin' to get my rep stright instead of talkin' to people soo much bout pkd. This doen't mean I hate pkd now. It just mean I don't like it much anymore. rolleyes.gif

That was sudden, What made you change your mind?

Something BIG may be heading our way!

***UPDATE*** 6/1/05

Screamscape- 2006 - Unknown New Attraction - Under Construction - (6/1/05) A guest to the park’s waterpark this past weekend noticed that the original kiddie area was closed and blocked off and everything has been drained of water. There were more barriers going from the old Freefall slide to the kiddie area and this site is also apparently right next to the old Diamond Falls site and it seems will be also used for the 2006 project.

Ahhh... the Waterpark is moving back behind Rebel Yell leaving pkd with more land to use for more new rides! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

No... dun thing so... didn't you hear? PKD wants to move the waterpark behind Rebel Yell... and thats finally happening!

*God dang! I accidently posted 2 times and I didnt do it on purpous... Sorry... can a mod delet this post? huh.gif

Looks like your most likely getting a Boomerang Bay expansion, they wouldnt just move the water park then spend even more money to expand it later. Enjoy the re-theme.......its great! As far as a list goes:

PKI

PC

PKD

PCW

PGA

Theres now way PKD can compare to PKI (I have visited PKD) PKD definently beats PCW and PGA though, but theres no way it ties with PKI. Carowinds is quite nice and I believe it does bea PKD.

After visiting PKD, yes I can say that. It's good but honestly PKI is better, not just because its my home park, but visit the two and youll see. PKD is good and I loved it but really all it is, is a miniature PKI with one coaster type that PKI doesnt have (HYPERSONIC XLC (and dont say volcano is different, because we have two inverts and dont say its different because it uses fire, because we have a ride that uses fire too))

No I dont expect the coaster too but I dont consider it under water when no water flows over the tunnel, the sides should be raised around where the coaster enters and exits to prevent water from flowing into the tunnel and water should flow over the covered part. Its just a tunnel built over dirt that sits under the track.

Concrete is very porous, and as such leaks easily. (That is why people sometimes get water in their basements, despite the water proofing that is installed.) Now you can waterproof concrete with various methods, although they all have certain life expectancies, and can sometimes still leak.

In the case of Anaconda, the concrete is water proof for the most part since no water gets in from the sides. The reason that the top of the tunnel is not underground is because the drop (and therefore the track) probably did not go far enough below the surface of the water to allow for sufficient clearance with the top of the tunnel.