New area idea!

Skippy

If you have been in SFGA's Golden Kingdom then you were probably just as amazed as me! With it's insane amount of theming, it could easily be mistaken with DAK's Asia section (with a little exaggeration thrown on). So, if SixFlags can come up with the money, why can't Paramount Parks? I think we should either get a new area or a re-theme of Rivertown with an asian (preferably, makes sense since Tomb Raider has an asian theme). They could also move Adventure Express into the new area and theme it up a bit more. Click here for pictures of Golden Kingdom from opening day!

Note: I'm still in favor of a sci-fi section to be put in back by FOF, but with the future Soundwave re-theme almost certain now (according to some higher ups) its really looking doubtful wink.gif

I hope they're not serious about the FoF retheme. If that gets an Mtv theme, I will probably never ride it again. I'm not joking. What I love about that ride is the theme..(I love Sci-Fi if you can't tell). Trying to copy Disney's Rock n' Roller Coaster is a pretty lame idea. There's nothing wrong with FoF anyways; why fix something that isn't broken. Spend the money on a new ride, not to do something pointless to an old one.

"So, if SixFlags can come up with the money, why can't Paramount Parks?"

In case you hadn't noticed, Six Flags is over their head in debt. They are finding it harder and harder to come up with capital spending money. Is this the way you want PKI to go?

Re-theming Rivertown wouldn't work real well because they'd have to rip out a lot of buildings and re-theme Whitewater Canyon, which is one of the most popular water rides in the park. Personally, I'd like to see them do something with the "ghost town" along the train route between Rivertown and Boomerang Bay.

This is from another post I made in the Addams Family Reunion Coaster or Soundwave? thread but I think I made a good point then so here goes smile.gif

The current rumor for the upgrades to Space Mountain at Disneyland in California point to during the day it will be Space Mountain. Then at night it will turn into Rockit Mountain where you would have a ride similar to what the Soundwave idea is. Just for your info if you go and look at a picture of the new Space Mountain sign from California if you look at the sign closely you can see where there are lights to form Rockit on the sign which shows they at least designed the sign for the idea. Still no word if this is still going happen or not though.

I really think that the same idea could be used at PKI. Install speakers and lights in the drum. Then do some work in the queue area to add a DJ and more lights. During the day the ride would be the same as it is now but maybe around 5 in the afternoon the ride changes over to Soundwave.

The current rumor for the upgrades to Space Mountain at Disneyland in California point to during the day it will be Space Mountain. Then at night it will turn into Rockit Mountain...

Ah Kenban, that is no longer a rumor as it was confirmed awhile ago wink.gif

Space Mountain - Rockit Mountain

Blasting off 7/17/05

We should have an adventure land! It would have 6 coasters all themed after animals and previous rides...B&M Flyer (Phenox), B&M Inverted (The Bat), B&M Stand up (Cobra...the return), B&M dive machine (Screemin Demon), B&M Floorless (the Jaguar), and an intimin launched with a lot more hills (Cheetah)...Hey one can dream can't he?

We should have an adventure land! It would have 6 coasters all themed after animals and previous rides...B&M Flyer (Phenox), B&M Inverted (The Bat), B&M Stand up (Cobra...the return), B&M dive machine (Screemin Demon), B&M Floorless (the Jaguar), and an intimin launched with a lot more hills (Cheetah)...Hey one can dream can't he?

you need to be in charge of paramount

If you have been in SFGA's Golden Kingdom then you were probably just as amazed as me! With it's insane amount of theming, it could easily be mistaken with DAK's Asia section (with a little exaggeration thrown on). So, if SixFlags can come up with the money, why can't Paramount Parks? I think we should either get a new area or a re-theme of Rivertown with an asian (preferably, makes sense since Tomb Raider has an asian theme). They could also move Adventure Express into the new area and theme it up a bit more. Click here for pictures of Golden Kingdom from opening day!

Note: I'm still in favor of a sci-fi section to be put in back by FOF, but with the future Soundwave re-theme almost certain now (according to some higher ups) its really looking doubtful wink.gif

The soundwave re-theme is nto almsot certain at all!