Maxair Vs. Delerium

Maxair's swing is 140' compared to 137 to delerium.

I remember seeing on front of deleriums control panel top speed is in the 60's where maxair is 70mph.

And here is the main thing.

Capacity

Maxair 1000gph Delerium 600gph

To show i am not making up these statistics

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/inside_pa...axair/index.cfm

http://www.pki.com/attractions/attractions....cfm?ride_id=99

I thought that Delirium had a top speed of 76 mph, according to the sign. Is maXair posting its speed (70) as average. These discrepancies seem weird, because the two rides are essentailly the same model, and in the same U.S. state. But then again, HUSS probably tweaked the model some to make the newer (maXair) swing higher than the older Delirium.

Another tip on spelling the name of PKI's Giant Frisbee:

Think two names: DELI and RI-UM...

DEL-I-RI-UM.

What ever way you phoneticize it, think DELI.

Well if the guest per hour thing is true then MaXair will be really short compared ot Delirium. They both seat the same amount of people during a cycle so either maXair is much shorter then Delirium or Cedar Point is disillusioned at how many people this thing can move.

Is maXair posting its speed (70) as average.  These discrepancies seem weird, because the two rides are essentailly the same model, and in the same U.S. state.

Maybe the wind coming in off the lake makes the difference biggrin.gif

Also, a ride's theoretical capacity never seems to quite translate into actual RPH once the thing is installed and opened. (What was the original RPH for FoF supposed to be? Some unbelievable number like 1600 RPH if I remember correctly...)

I think a shorter ride cycle on Max Air would be a big mistake. I think the ride cycle for Delirium is about perfect for it.

PPH originally were 2000 gph. I think they can pull off 1000 gph. that is only 8 more cycles every hour. They will have like 4-5 people doing restraints and shuffling people on and off the ride. The ride op's as a whole work faster at cp than pki. On delilerium every time i am there there are guys standing around in white shirts doing nothing, like this one kid with blond hair.

and i believe the theming will be better.

PPH originally were 2000 gph. I think they can pull off 1000 gph. that is only 8 more cycles every hour. They will have like 4-5 people doing restraints and shuffling people on and off the ride. The ride op's as a whole work faster at cp than pki. On delilerium every time i am there there are guys standing around in white shirts doing nothing, like this one kid with blond hair.

Player theres no way it was 2000 pph. If it was whoever figured the numbers couldn't have been older than 5. With 50 seats that means for 2000 pph there would need to be 40 cycles in an hour and if the cycle is as long as Delirium then it will be 2.5 minutes and 40*2.5=100 minutes which is well over an hour and a half and thats w/o loading people. And even a thousand people is impossible. That needs 20 cycles so 20*2.5=50 minutes. So that means that only 10 minutes would be spent in between 20 cycles. So in between each cycle would be 30 seconds, 15 to unload and 15 to load. Haha yea right impossible no way in he//. That is of course if the ride cycle is the same as Delirium and CP would be really stupid to shorten the ride cycle.

Player theres no way it was 2000 pph. If it was whoever figured the numbers couldn't have been older than 5. With 50 seats that means for 2000 pph there would need to be 40 cycles in an hour and if the cycle is as long as Delirium then it will be 2.5 minutes and 40*2.5=100 minutes which is well over an hour and a half and thats w/o loading people. And even a thousand people is impossible. That needs 20 cycles so 20*2.5=50 minutes. So that means that only 10 minutes would be spent in between 20 cycles. So in between each cycle would be 30 seconds, 15 to unload and 15 to load. Haha yea right impossible no way in he//. That is of course if the ride cycle is the same as Delirium and CP would be really stupid to shorten the ride cycle.

sorry you had to do all that math. The 2000 pph was in relation to Flight of Fear.

Sorry to burst your bubble. If you had read the earlier posts you would know that. PKI's is rated at 600 while maxair is rated at 1000. I explained how cp would hit that number primary because delerium has so many people with white shirts standing around with their thumb up their ***!

maXair is taller, because the footers are taller.

The Guests Per Hour is thanks to Huss making improvements to the ride "parking" faster and the floor moving faster. Also guests won't be allowed to bring items into the area as with every other ride. You won't be allowed in line with large items. Not to mention CP's ride ops are faster, even though that was more than likely not taken into consideration.

No Player I read your logic and well its not logical. 30 seconds in between cycles isn't gonna happen. If you really think half a minute in between cycles is gonna happen you really have no clue at all, especially because the point is anal about safety so they take a while to check. You act like the point has efficient employees, if you ever paid attention to anything the one thing that most people say they like more about PKI then CP is the employees. Hate to burst your bubble. I can see 800 on maXair compaired to 600 on Delirium but in no way will it reach 1,000. Just like FOF runs about 700pph even though its supposed to run alot more.

wow i love how people dont no what they are talking about when they post..... Delirium is faster and swings higher than maxair.... maxair's top swing is 140 clearly if you go to Cedar Points web site it will give you all the info about the ride so Delirium is the best one its higher and faster. trust me

wow i love how people dont no what they are talking about when they post..... Delirium is faster and swings higher than maxair.... maxair's top swing is 140 clearly if you go to Cedar Points web site it will give you all the info about the ride so Delirium is the best one its higher and faster. trust me

It clearly states that delierium's swing is 137' while maxair is 140'

Lets see it says MAXIMUM CAPACITY on the CP site. Those figures almost always assume you are not loading people. Just relocking the restraints. It says the ride is 2 minutes 30 seconds. Which is the same as PKI's even if the load goes quicker (which most of the time is due to guests not the employees although the load could go quicker) do not expect a much higher riders per an hour. Note PKI's site just says hourly capacity it does not say its the max capacity based on the fact the ride is the same length any riders per an hour difference would be from employees and guests.

I don't actually think the ride has higher footers I think the ride is programmed to go slightly faster(like I said I think Delirium is 68 MPH while it says Maxair is 70 although read my note at the end which brings this point into question) which based on how the ride works (The design is to emulate a standard pendulum the idea is to minimize the work the motors have to do) would equal out a 3 foot height difference on max swing. I would be surprised if you can honestly say you could feel the difference.

NOTE: I did try to search for the speed on the Internet the only thing I came up with was 78 MPH (found one site that lists 76) for Delirium which actually would make it faster (Which I found odd based on the whole design for the ride emulating a pendulum the speeds should almost be the same). I noticed Maxair is 84' feet tall but I did not find a height for Delirium. Anyone know the max swing is in degrees for maxair? Delirium hits a max of 120 degrees if its higher for maxair that would also explain the differance. One last point you could also redesign the ring the riders sit in to produce a slightly higher swing (its not actually going higher just the edge of the ring is farther out).

In the end though I don't think its worth the argument I almost think it would be better arguing which ones paint job looks better since they are basically the same ride.

On delilerium every time i am there there are guys standing around in white shirts doing nothing, like this one kid with blond hair.

If you walk around the park, ecspecially around this time of the year, there are lots of white shirts "standing around and doing nothing." It's called training employees to drive you idiot.

And because of idiotic people like so, I'm done with PKIC. The content of the boards has just become rather, well, stupid...Later folks

"I can't believe how many Huss engineers post to this board.

..matt"

You don't have to be a Huss engineer to know about the ride parking faster and the floor moving faster. Especially since it's been testing and those two facts are all over the net.