If Six Flags Bought PKI!

Player

How would PKI be the flag ship Six Flags park that competes with Cedar Point when Six Flags Magic Mountain already does that and is leaps and bounds past PKI with thrill rides? In fact, I believe up until recently they were beating Cedar Point in the coaster race. I'm not sure who's in the lead at the moment, but PKI would have ways to go to catch up. Either way, I bet the suits at the Flags would prefer to spend that money on their non-seasonal park. Besides, who would want to get a ton of Six Flags clone coasters anyway. Sure it'd be a B&M, but it'd be the same one every other Six Flags park has. And they don't do theming? They actually do dabble in the theme department, but it's so bad you might have overlooked it. I wonder if Batman the Ride, Superman The Escape, Riddler's Revenge, or Mr. Freeze are all themed to something? Hmm. I'd pass on the Six Flags idea. They're about as corporate as an amusement park can get.

PKI would never sell out to Six Flags, we wouldnt get a 500' rocket coaster or multiple B&M's. SF is running itself into the ground, they dont even have enough money to buy a Coke at PKI. Paramount maintains and rusn their parks better and has better attendants and employees. But the Batman theme is pretty cool, although getting a bit played out.

PKI would never sell out to Six Flags, we wouldnt get a 500' rocket coaster or multiple B&M's. SF is running itself into the ground, they dont even have enough money to buy a Coke at PKI. Paramount maintains and rusn their parks better and has better attendants and employees. But the Batman theme is pretty cool, although getting a bit played out.

yeah as a whole paramount employees are better. PKD, PCW, Carowinds, and PGA needs to send some of those employees to pki.

How about independant investors, no one ever thinks of that. I mean this park started out by itself and was fine for years. All the Six Flags and chain operated parks suck they have no soul to them. The best parks are ones like knoebel and parks that started out independent, they have alot more heart in them. Chain parks are all cookie cutter. PKI is starting to get that way, it ticks me off mad.gif

I guess I have a hard time understanding the point of a thread like this... Is this purely a blue sky hypothetical "what if" type of conversation...well, ok, those can be kind of fun. (You know, kind of like fantasy football...)

However, if this is a serious conversation about Six Flags buying Paramount Parks (or even just PKI), it's pretty much just an exercise in futility. We might as well have threads titled "what if Home Depot bought PKI" or "what if the Olive Garden bought PKI", since those options are about equally as likely wink.gif

To be honest, after the split of Viacom occurs and Paramount Parks settles into the "value" division, I could actually see Paramount Parks picking up some existing SF parks, as opposed to the other way around...

Joel

"Yeah--it certainly worked great for Six Flags taking on Cedar Point by buying Geauga Lake, huh?"

First off, Cedar Fair bought Geauga Lake, not Cedar Point. CP is one park in the chain, the flagship park. You can't gauge what's going on with GL yet because they had one month to get GL ready last season, so, really this is their first full operating season. Not only that, they have to erase years of negative publicity and bad word of mouth that Six Flags created over how ever many years that they were in control of it. Not even the almighty Paramount Parks could have completely turned GL around after such a short time.

"Yeah--it certainly worked great for Six Flags taking on Cedar Point by buying Geauga Lake, huh?"

First off, Cedar Fair bought Geauga Lake, not Cedar Point.  CP is one park in the chain, the flagship park.  You can't gauge what's going on with GL yet because they had one month to get GL ready last season, so, really this is their first full operating season.  Not only that, they have to erase years of negative publicity and bad word of mouth that Six Flags created over how ever many years that they were in control of it.  Not even the almighty Paramount Parks could have completely turned GL around after such a short time.

I never said Cedar Point bought Geauga Lake...I said SF had bought GL to take on Cedar Point. I think you misread my comment, and as such missed my whole point...

SIX FLAGS purchased Geauga Lake and rebranded it "Six Flags Ohio". (Well, technically, they already owned it when they were Premier Parks, but that's a whole other story...) A few years later, they purchased Sea World Ohio (from AB), combined it with SFO, and renamed the whole thing "Six Flags Worlds of Adventure". They marketed and promoted SFWOA to compete directly with Cedar Point ("we drove by Cedar Point to get here", as was said in one commercial). The SFWOA effort eventually failed, causing SF to sell the park to Cedar Fair who renamed it "Geauga Lake" (AGAIN).

My point (and subtle attempt at humor) was...SF has already tried to take on CP directly in their own market and failed miserably. They're not likely to do it again... (Even if they didn't have $2.1 billion in long-term debt which pretty much precludes them from buying anything.)

some people are a little slow...

anywho, if Six flags bought Ki, I don't think it would be quite as bad as SFKK. But not as good as PKI. SFKI would be interesting though. I mean, really I doubt they would take any of our existing rides out, and if we're lucky, maybe they'd throw 5 coasters in in two years like they did at GL. And maybe we'd get a wild life park again. I think things would be a little better of financially at SFKI than it was at SFWOA because we have a much higher attendence than they do. It would suck getting all those cheezy sf themes though. well unless of course Superman was a 300 foot intiman, and Batman was a B&M floorless or flyer. The would rename face off to Two face or Deja Vu. I would be ****ed if they renamed The Beast though. I think there could be some deaths as a result of that. Of course this is all the optimisitic view...in a real world, they would come in, destroy our park, give us one or two good rides, and then leave us, jacked up and pennieless.

yeah as a whole paramount employees are better. PKD, PCW, Carowinds, and PGA needs to send some of those employees to pki.

Actually PKI employees are some of the nicest people you will ever meet often times its the guests who think they dont get fair treatment by the employees, I hate how the guests think they need to be treated like god's and feel as if they know everything.

Actually PKI employees are some of the nicest people you will ever meet often times its the guests who think they dont get fair treatment by the employees, I hate how the guests think they need to be treated like god's and feel as if they know everything.

I think Player is still boo-hooing about having to wait a little longer than usual to get off The Vortex. wink.gif

Yes I would love for Six Flags to take over PKI then we could get a parking lot coaster!

Take a look at Scream!

Pic 1

Pic 2

or Medusa

Pic 1

Man, PKI would sure be lucky to get coasters like that. I mean you can still see the old lines of the parking lot! How absolutely beautiful! The themeing is amazing!

On a serious note, sure they add beemers but look at what they do to them; those two coasters have to be the ugliest things ever. This is how it would be if they bought PKI everything would be half-a$$ed, well maybe not even, probably only quarter-a$$ed. The only thing Six Flags has ever done that has impressed me is that new Golden Kingdom at SFGADV.

^I'd agree with you there, I'm just saying that what Six Flags does to works of art like beemers by placing them in such hideous locations is just wrong. Also that theme is kind of interesting I guess, haha, what is it enraged soccer mom trying to escape the crowded Kroger parking lot by any means possible.