If Six Flags Bought PKI!

Player

^ LMAO...Also I have to agree with you Player, Parking lot coaster is better than no coaster. But come on, if you spend millions of dollars on a coaster, couldn't you at least spend a couple g's on diggin up the parking lot and planting some grass seeds? Hell, I'll do it. Just give me a Jack hammer and some grass seeds, and a lifetime pass to all the SF parks.

If Six Flags bought PKI.......we would have half our caosters and attractions re-themed to DC comic charecters, HB land and Nick Central would be come crazy looneytoons world, the employees would be worse, the cleanliness worse, the maitenance worse, the upkeep worse, basically SF would make bad business decisions and run PKI into the ground like they did with a lot of other parks..but since SF has done this.....they dont have the money to buy PKI, so we dont have to worry about that, it doesnt matter anyways because KI isnt for sale.

Yes I would love for Six Flags to take over PKI then we could get a parking lot coaster!

Take a look at Scream!

Pic 1

Pic 2

or Medusa

Pic 1

Man, PKI would sure be lucky to get coasters like that. I mean you can still see the old lines of the parking lot! How absolutely beautiful! The themeing is amazing!

On a serious note, sure they add beemers but look at what they do to them; those two coasters have to be the ugliest things ever. This is how it would be if they bought PKI everything would be half-a$$ed, well maybe not even, probably only quarter-a$$ed. The only thing Six Flags has ever done that has impressed me is that new Golden Kingdom at SFGADV.

Are you telling me that Six Flags are so cheep, they couldn't even tear up the ground where the old parking lots were when they decided to bulid a coaster on it. That looks horrible. It would look so much better if they ripped up the parking lot, and at least put some grass in.

If Six Flags bought PKI.......we would have half our caosters and attractions re-themed to DC comic charecters, HB land and Nick Central would be come crazy looneytoons world, the employees would be worse, the cleanliness worse, the maitenance worse, the upkeep worse, basically SF would make bad business decisions and run PKI into the ground like they did with a lot of other parks..but since SF has done this.....they dont have the money to buy PKI, so we dont have to worry about that, it doesnt matter anyways because KI isnt for sale.

Very true about the maintence. Look what happened quite a few years ago, after Six Flags laid off a bunch of maintence people. They were alot of ride accidents and even some deaths. I remember in '98 when "The Demon" at SFGA got stuck in one of the loops. Boy that would had to be scary.

Six Flags is cool and all and the theme park busniss is a risky business but I hate allt he cut backs they make and how half @$$ed they're getting. They just spent like crazy and they are now millions of dollars in debt, hopefully things turn out better for SF cause Id hate to see them let go of more parks, because who knows if the parks they let go can operate by themselves without SF leadership, Things turned out well for GL cause it got bought out by CP. One rumor I dont want to get spread about SF though is that they are unsafe....sure they may have laid off some maitenance people but I guarantee that U.S. amusement parks are safer than going on the highway.....those rides are inspected everyday and the US has very high standards when it comes to parks

. One rumor I dont want to get spread about SF though is that they are unsafe....sure they may have laid off some maitenance people but I guarantee that U.S. amusement parks are safer than going on the highway.....those rides are inspected everyday and the US has very high standards when it comes to parks

I'm not saying the parks are unsafe. I'm just saying what happened in the past. We have not heard of anything happening at Six Flags park is quite some time and i'm very glad to hear this. I am planning on taking a trip to Six Flags Great America, and i'm still going to ride The Demon. I don't think the parks are unsafe.

Were I not such a pragmatist, I would speculate upon the alterations of Kings Island Theme Park under Six Flags' ownership. Sadly for me, I am a realist who knows all too well that Six Flags cannot financially afford to purchase our beloved Kings Island because of poor management. The recent trend at Six Flags has been to sell assets to enhance cash flow, not invest in new assets for long term investment.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

• 1 month later...
Were I not such a pragmatist, I would speculate upon the alterations of Kings Island Theme Park under Six Flags' ownership. Sadly for me, I am a realist who knows all too well that Six Flags cannot financially afford to purchase our beloved Kings Island because of poor management. The recent trend at Six Flags has been to sell assets to enhance cash flow, not invest in new assets for long term investment.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

I couldnt put that in better words!

Ok I just realized something, Medusa and Scream have the EXACT same layout! Did anyone else realize this? In a way this tackyness doesn't surprise me....

http://rcdb.com/ig502.htm?picture=11

http://rcdb.com/ig2169.htm?picture=19

Anyway, I think SF would have to re-theme a ton of rides b/c most are Paramount (semi if at all**cept TR and IJ**) themed rides.

All you Six Flags haters better hope they don't belly up. Think how many parks would go close and then you would have to find private investors to re-open them. Maybe some would never re-open and I am all about having as many choices as possible.

^ Exactly.

I would never want Six Flags to go belly up, as I guess I have been blessed(from what I've read) to have Six Flags Great America as my homepark. smile.gif

I also would never want Six Flags to own PKI. Kings Island is awesome the way it is. If Six Flags ever did purchase PKI, I would never want to wait around and see if Kings Island would get the "flagship" park treatment, or the not-so generous treatment that alot of Six Flags parks get.